Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday cottage in Helford - Tremorna
Ancient fisherman's cottage with secluded creekside garden
Tremorna is a cosy cottage perched above Helford Creek, with lovely views from almost every room down the Helford estuary. It sits in the centre of the village, yards from shop and pub, yet has a secluded terraced garden with its own quay and summer house, accessible by boat at high tide - a secret spot to watch the ever-changing panorama of the river estuary.
The cottage has three double bedrooms, one of which has a double bed, the other two singles each. Downstairs there is a kitchen and a spacious sitting room with a glorious open fire and thick cob walls.
Tremorna has a great air of peace and calm about it. It has been a holiday home for our family for several decades. We welcome guests who appreciate a cottage of great character in a stunning and totally unspoilt location, with access to one of Europe's most ecologically rich and beautiful estuaries.
We invite you to explore the Helford River, all its remote creeks, coves, woods and cliffs.
- Sleeps 6 in one double and two twin bedrooms (one of which has beds which can be linked into a double).
- Washing machine, TV, DVD, wifi and microwave.
- Off-lane parking for two cars.
- Benches, table and chairs in garden plus trees and lawn with steps to quay and beach.
- Sizable kitchen with dining area, plus spacious sitting room with open fire.
- Used by current owners, children and grandchildren as holiday home for over 40 years.
- Mooring available subject to agreement.
Tremorna is an ancient fisherman's cottage with a lovely atmosphere and wonderful views, superbly placed for walking and boating around the Helford River. With its water frontage and views, it is in one of the most desirable locations in the whole of the village of Helford.
The Helford River itself is a magical and totally unspoiled location for sailing, boating, walking, swimming and general outdoor relaxation.
The famous gardens of Trebah and Glendurgan are a short ferry ride away, and sand and shingle beaches, woods and cliffs are minutes away by footpath or boat. The whole of the glorious Lizard peninsula lies within about 20 minutes' car journey.
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just a quick note to let you know how much we enjoyed our holiday.
The cottage was perfect, a beautiful place to unwind and relax.