Villa La Palma is located in a strategic position to organize half and full day excursions.
As well as the most famous Tuscan art cities, you could appreciate small village and town off of the traditional tourist circuits.
full day excursions
• Florence: the capital of the Italian Renaissance, the most important and extensive container works of art in the world, declared 'World Heritage Site by UNESCO;
• Pisa: Piazza dei Miracoli with the Duomo, the Baptistery and the Leaning Tower, symbol of wealth in the world of Italian art, Museo Nazionale di San Matteo and churches in Pisan style;
• Siena: the city of the 'Palio' with the famous Piazza del Campo, Palazzo Pubblico, the Torre del Mangia, the Gothic cathedral, the Scala Hospital, museums and art galleries;
• San Gimignano the Manhattan of the Middle Ages to the evocative tower houses;
• Volterra: Etruscan city with panoramic, craft shops alabaster;
• Arezzo: historical city with frescoes by Piero della Francesca, Giorgio Vasari's birthplace, museum and monumental Gothic and Renaissance;
• Livorno: seaside town and port, Museo di Villa Mimbelli with works by Giovanni Fattori and Macchiaioli, Terrazza Mascagni and aquarium;
• Prato: Romanesque Cathedral with frescoes by Filippo Lippi, Emperor's Castle, museums of ancient art and contemporary art;
• Colle Val d'Elsa medieval stone of great ecological value and landscape;
• Bagni di Lucca: a city of water, with vintage British buildings Hiking and trekking;
• Padule di Fucecchio extended path network in a large marshy area, considered the largest in central Italy, nesting herons and storks, Center visits;
• Montalbano: range of hills, once the hunting grounds Medici;
• Valley of the sources: pretty route that follows an ancient aqueduct Medici;
• Hermitage Rupecava: path through forests of chestnut trees that terminates at a monastery in the cave;
• Grotta del Vento: suggestive underground routes equipped in the karst area of Vergemoli;
• Lake Massaciuccoli: boat trips, hiking WWF oasis, home of Giacomo Puccini;
• Mining Park of San Silvestro: Campiglia Marittima mining and mineralogical routes.
half day excursions
• Glimpses of the Renaissance: a panoramic itinerary in the Empoli area - The panoramic itinerary is about 50 km long in all and passes through the municipalities of Capraia e Limite, Cerreto Guidi, Empoli, Fucecchio, Montelupo and Vinci (the city of Leonardo da Vinci) all of which lie within the boundaries of the Province of Florence. The itinerary runs from the Terre del Rinascimento to the slopes of the Montalbano and the countryside of the Valdelsa, and offers splendid views of vineyards and olive groves, ancient villages and historic villas.
• Lucca - Famous the world over for its perfectly preserved medieval walls, it is a city rich in history and culture. .Surrounded by the green hills and country palaces built by rich 15th century Lucca merchants. The most famous include Villa Olivia, Villa Grabau, Villa Reale, Villa Torrigiani and Villa Mansi.
• San Miniato
• the Val di Nievole area: Monsummano, Montecatini, Casciana, San Giuliano.
• the Pistoia area: Pistoia, Collodi, Pescia, Pistoian mountains.
• Certaldo, the village where born and died Giovanni Boccaccio.