Located on the slopes of Mount Subasio and the center of Umbria Region is served by the SS 75 highway, railway and a bus service that connects easily to the city of Assisi, Foligno, Spoleto and Perugia.
Noteworthy events in the town artistic and cultural as:
- The Flower Festival of Spello (June), floral arrangements made along the roads delpaese.
- Meetings on the roads (August / September), festival of theater, concert, singing and more.
- The feast of the olive and bruschetta festival (November / December)
In nearby towns you have other events such as:
- "May Day" in Assisi (May)
- The "Corsa dei Ceri" in Gubbio (in May)
- The "Gaite" Bevagna (June) reenactment of medieval workshops.
- The "Giostra della Quintana" Foligno (June and September), defiance among districts eg winning a prize.
- "Festival of Two Worlds in Spoleto (June / July)
-Umbria Jazz in Perugia (July)
- Eurochocolat Perugia (October), the feast of chocolate.
In December there are many "living Nativity" in Umbria.
Among the food and wine events include:
- Extensive review of festivals during the summer.
- Display of "Open Cellars with wine tasting DOC (September)
- The "First of Italy" (September) in Foligno, tasting dishes treated by international chefs.
- Market of celery and black sausage in Trevi (October)
- Mostra Mercato del Tartufo black Valtopina (November).
- Exhibition of oil mill and agri-food products in different villages of the area (November / December)
- Show wine market Montefalco (Sagrantino) Easter.