Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday apartment in Dalry - City Centre Penthouse
Sleeps 5. 2 Bedrooms. 1 Bathroom.
Our stylish two bedroom, top floor apartment has a private gym and magnificent views over the city and beyond. Built in 1792, it is one of the oldest buildings in the New Town, which means you’ll be staying in truly historical surroundings.
Situated in the heart of Edinburgh, our apartment has impressed many visitors with its sensational views. The whole space has recently been refurbished and redecorated. It is very modern yet in keeping with the style of 18th century architecture. Gayfield Place is a protected Grade A listed building.
The accommodation is all on one floor and includes:
- Master bedroom - a unique space with king-sized bed and an original cast iron fireplace
- Guest bedroom - a comfortable room with a queen bed
- Living room - with a double sofa and a grandiose bay window with striking views towards the north of Scotland
- Bathroom - one of the apartment’s most distinctive features is the magnificent marble bathroom
- Kitchen and dining area - equipped with all amenities
- Gym - a dedicated gym room appointed with quality fitness equipment.
- WiFi available throughout the apartment
- Large TV with surround sound system and a PS3 (you'll need to bring your own games/movies) in the living room
- TVs in both bedrooms
- Hair dryer, washing machine, iron, and towels in the bathroom
- Dishwasher and all amenities in the kitchen
- Plenty of storage space
- Gym equipment includes: a Concept 2 rower, Iron master dumbbells, squat rack and bench press, chin-up/dip frame and 6ft Muay Tai bag
Interaction with Guests
We want you to have a relaxing stay and you shall have complete privacy. However if there are any queries please feel free to contact us and we will help in any way possible.
Gayfield Place is located in the centre of Edinburgh, the East End of Princes Street.
If you wish to experience the capital’s nightlife, you’ll find the upmarket bars of George Street only 10 minutes away. There is an abundance of cafes and restaurants offering all cuisines on our doorstep. For shopping visit some of Edinburgh’s main shopping destinations: Princes Street, John Lewis and Harvey Nichols, which are all within 10 minute walk.
When looking for a quiet place to relax, visit Calton Hill, one of Edinburgh’s most famous landmarks. You’ll be able to see the fabled monuments from your living room windows. Calton Hill offers panoramic views of the city, the Firth of Forth bay and the Kingdom of Fyfe.
Edinburgh Playhouse, the UKs largest working theatre in terms of audience capacity, is located directly opposite the flat and hosts some of the most famous touring musicals and concerts.
- 10 minute walk to Waverley Station
- 12 minute walk to Edinburgh Bus Station
- 45 minutes to Edinburgh Airport (walk and bus)
- Bus stop located directly outside the front door of the building
- Short and long stay parking options close by
Other Things to Note
The apartment is located on the fourth floor and there is no lift.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
Guestbook comments from the owner
It was great to host Jan and family. Communication was great. They took great care of the apartment and were a pleasure.
Thanks again and all the best.
Owner / Manager
I’m an IT consultant currently based in Amsterdam. Originally from Scotland, I have lived in England and the US. I’m also a self defence instructor and a qualified CrossFit trainer, so my flat is equipped with a private gym, which you’re invited to use.
Our apartment is newly listed on VRBO and therefore we’re offering a very special price for our first guests! Be one of the first to stay at our two bedroom, top floor apartment. It is spacious, neat and uncluttered.
The gym, super central location, XVIII century building.