|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
The Barking Dog is a waterfront home on Gwynn’s Island, one of the few islands left in the Chesapeake Bay. This quite rural area is nicknamed “Dog Island’. With no leash laws, exploring the island with your pet is a relaxing treat! Bring your boat and enjoy a 20 minute trip from your dock to the Chesapeake Bay for great fishing! An additional floating dock is kayak and jet ski friendly. With double decks, there is always somewhere to bask in the sun or relax in the shade and read a good book.
• Three bedroom, two and a half baths
• Sleeps 6 with two queens and a bunk room with full/twin bunk and a twin
• Wireless Internet and satellite TV service, DVD and BlueRay
• Hardwood floors on first floor and master
• Heating and central air
• Fully-equipped kitchen: dishwasher, refrigerator with ice maker, built in microwave, stove/oven, coffee maker, toaster
• Clothes washer and drier
• Dock with boat slip for up to a 20’ foot boat. 3 ft MLW
• Floating dock great for kayaking, cannoning and jet skiing
• Easy boat access to the Piankatank River, the Hole in the Wall and the Chesapeake Bay
• Guests must provide linens.
• Dogs welcome!
-Crabbing off of you Private Dock
- Restaurant (2 miles)
- Bicycling (Community)
- Boating (Bay)
- Water Skiing
- Canoeing and Kayaking (Local Trails), visit county website www.visitmathews.com
- Golf (20 minutes away) – Piankatank River Golf Club
- Tennis (in town 7 miles away – Parks & Rec.)
- Convenience Store (5 miles) with Red Box Rentals
- Gym/Fitness Center/YMCA (8 miles)
- Walking (Starts at Doorstep)
- Entertainment (5 miles) Donk's Theatre
- Playground (7 miles – Parks & Rec.)
- Bowling (adjacent county, 17 miles)
- Jet Skiing (Bay)
- Shopping Area (8 miles)
- Amusement Park (35 miles) Williamsburg Busch Gardens and Water Country
- Movie Theatre nearby at Gloucester.
A great location to enjoy local events:
• Gloucester Daffodil Festival (April)
• Bay, Bikes and Bands Festival, Tour de Chesapeake (May)
• Eastfields Farm U-Pick Blueberry (July to Mid August).
• Mathews Market Days (September)
• Rock Fish Tournament (December)
The Barking Dog Cottage was built in 2008. We were looking for a get away to relax and grow great family memories. Just crossing over the bridge to the island drops our stress level! We enjoy the tidal water and wildlife. As avid kayakers we visit the sand bar reef on the east side of the island and follow the activities of 'Stick Legs', the great blue heron who frequently hunts nearby.
We hope you, too, can enjoy this getaway!
|Rental Period||Minimum Rate||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate|
1 Jun 2014 - 31 Dec 2014
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
|Key Deposit||$250 + Tax|
|Notes||Call for rates for long weekends and monthly rental.|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (USD), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.