This apartment will seduce those who are looking for a charming place ideally located in the historic Paris. The “Marais” is one of the oldest districts of the city, but also one of the most animated.
The Pompidou center (Beaubourg), Notre-Dame cathedral, Saint-Louis Island, and the Louvre museum are all within walking distance.
Located in a pedestrian street, this quiet pied-à-terre is on the first European floor with elevator access (second floor American). It can sleep up to 4 people.
It has been carefully designed and consists of 2 rooms.The bedroom (not totally closed) has a double bed and gives onto a small inner courtyard so quietness is absolute.
In the living area, you will find a comfortable sofa bed for two people and modern amenities : high-speed Wi-Fi, free long-distance phone calls, television, DVD player and a Hi-fi music system with iPod connection.
The kichenette is fully equipped: microwave, a two plate ceramic hob and enough utensils,cutlery and crockery to serve four people quite easily on the extendable dining table in the main living area. This apartment also houses a fully programmable washing machine.
Lots of restaurants, quaint bistros and all kinds of shops surround this lovely apartment. You also have a supermarket at the doorstep open from 9am to 10pm and on Sundays morning.
The closest subway stop is “Hôtel de ville” only a few steps away.
EXPLORE ON FOOT these famous sights and museums :
• The Pompidou Center (Beaubourg), round the corner
• The River Seine with its booksellers and 'Paris Beach' in the summer, round the corner
• Notre-Dame Cathedral, 5 minutes walk
• Saint-Louis Island, 5 minutes walk
• The Louvre Museum, 15 minutes walk
• The Conciergerie, 10 minutes walk
• The Holy Chapel, 5 minutes walk
• The Carnavalet Museum, 10 minutes walk
• Place des Vosges (Victor Hugo's house), 10 minutes walk
• Picasso Museum (re-opening Summer 2014), 10 minutes walk
• The Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Elysées are only a 20 minute Metro ride away.
= TRANSPORTATION METRO & EXPRESS TRAINS RER =
Located in the very heart of the city, this apartment is in a strategic area, close to several metro stations and ideal for easily reaching all the major points of interest Paris has to offer.
- the Metro station 'Hôtel de ville' round the corner Metro lines 1 & 11.
- 'Châtelet', 'Chatelet-les-halles' stations hub and meeting point of major Paris transportation (Metro lines 1, 4, 7, 11, 14 and express trains RER lines A, B, D). For instances: Direct access from/to Charles de Gaulle station, Disneyland Paris, Gare du Nord.
- Metro/RER station 'Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame' -(Express train RER lines B, C, Metro line 4). For instance direct access from/to the Palace of Versailles;
= BOAT SHUTTLE =
To navigate around Paris , you also have the boat shuttle 'Batobus' on the river Seine with a stop close to the apartment!...Slower than the metro but you will also have the opportunity to discover Paris at the same time and it is also much more fun! With the Batobus, you can go for example to the Champs-Elysées, or to the Orsay museum.
= A FEW IDEAS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME IN PARIS (just a few!...) =
Take your time to enjoy the French way of life and wander through open air markets. You cannot help but be filled with inspiration and a desire to go home to cook the gorgeous things offered. Colors and nice smells are everywhere! This is definitely a happy place!
The Bastille market, the largest outdoor market in Paris (twice a week) is two metro stops from the apartment, or 25 minutes walk through the amazing district of the Marais…
Or round the corner to the apartment: The Baudoyer market
BAKERY / RESTAURANTS
'Aux Délice de Beaubourg' at 20 rue de Renard, this is a great bakery where I often go for my 'baguette', possibly the best bread ever!!!, their croissant and 'pain au chocolat' are also delicious!
the 'Bistrot Beaubourg' at 25 rue Quincampoix is a typical old bistrot of the 'Marais', serving homemade food and
delicious desserts. Kid friendly. A great place for lunch or dinner, and last but not least...at very reasonable prices!
the 'Creperie Beaubourg', at the doorstep!. Enjoy a delicious crepe with every ingredient! They also have a wonderful range of French made beers and a very good cider from Normandy.
'Benoit' Restaurant (Alain Ducasse), is round the corner.
A favorite address of all lovers of great French food who appreciate its family spirit and warm and friendly atmosphere; the restaurant Benoit which opened in 1912, remains one of the last authentic Parisians bistrots. For gourmets only!
The 'Wine Touch' at 61 rue Quincampoix is the perfect place to buy a bottle! they have a huge selection of wines to suit every taste and every pocket. If you need any advice, have a word with the owner, he is a connoisseur!
- The legendary Musical Theater of Châtelet, Musical plays and concerts, for lovers of classical music.
- the Guiness Tavern at 31 rue des Lombards is round the corner. It is a great place to go if you like a pub atmosphere with regular live Rock Music!
~~~~~~~ Just Enjoy 'La Belle Vie', You are in Paris! ~~~~~~