Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday condo in Maalaea - 110 Island Sands
Direct oceanfront sleeps 4 with unobstructed forever views!
On The Beach Living!
(If we are booked for the dates you want, be sure to check out our other direct oceanfront at same price VRBO # 574508 )
Look no further for a perfect Honeymoon or Anniversary get-away, whether it's your first or your 50th!
This unique ground level condominium with a private lanai is only steps to the water's edge and is perfect for watching whales, surfers, windsurfers or the world famous surf rolling across Maalaea Bay. Wake up to panoramic views of Maui’s south shore, Mt. Haleakala, as well as Molokini and Kahoolawe islands. The spectacular sunrises over Mt. Haleakala and brilliant skies at sunset are only two of the special moments that will make your vacation a wonderful and lasting memory.
I grew up in Hawaii and have lived on Maui for over twenty years. We could have bought anywhere on Maui but wanted only this building. We waited years for one of the perfect direct oceanfront units where we could easily step out to the beach any time of day or night. This was one of only six homes in the building that had all the elements we hoped for. Located in one of the smaller complexes on the island, it's location at Maalaea, mean it's far less busy, quieter and more private than other like properties anywhere else on Maui. The bonus is that Maalaea is central to everything - it is absolutely the best kept secret on Maui!
Within walking distance from your front door:
- Maalaea Harbor where you can book any of the many ocean activities available on Maui including whale watching, snorkeling adventure and sunset dinner cruises
- A number of fine restaurants including Buzz's Wharf, Beach Bums Bar and Grill and The Waterfront.
- There are also a couple of stores with most grocery needs as well as delis and fast food options.
- Maui Ocean Center aquarium (voted best attraction on Maui)
- Maui Golf & Sports Park is perfect for family fun
- Haycraft Park and Sugar Beach, one of the most pristine, white sandy beaches on Maui, it stretches five miles all the way to Kihei
- The Shops at Maalaea offers a variety of shopping and snacking options
- Great snorkeling and surfing is right off your lanai!
Public Transportation: Most parts of the island can be reached from Maalaea via Maui bus services for only $2 per route.
Accommodations and Amenities include:
- 42” HD TV with cable channels
- DVD Player with a healthy collection of movies
- Free WiFi
- Free local and Long Distance (US only) telephone service
- Sofa Sleeper w/Queen Size 6” mattress (Linens provided)
- Ceiling fans
- Air Conditioning
- New Drapery
- Forever ocean views
Kitchen fully stocked for food preparation and service:
Equipped with quality pots & pans, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils, glasses, wine glasses and BBQ utensils (for use at pool side BBQ area)
- Appliances include: New stove & oven, new microwave, new refrigerator w/freezer and dishwasher
- Small Appliances Include: Automatic coffee pot, toaster, rice cooker, blender
- Breakfast bar with new granite counter top
- California King Size bed with Pillow-top
- 39' HD TV with cable channels
- Quality linens
- Alarm clock/radio
- Ceiling Fan
- New plantation shutters
- Wall safe (no charge)
Tub / shower
All towels provided
- Vintage Hawaiian art throughout
- Private Lanai with table and four swivel-rocking chairs - Reserved parking (no charge)
- Washer and Dryer in unit
- Iron & ironing board
- Hair Dryer
- Beach Towels
- Beach chairs
- Snorkeling gear (although best to rent for fit)
- Boogie boards
- Beach umbrella
- Pool toys
- And more in the 'toy chest'
Special Services: We can help maximize your valuable vacation time with these convenient options.
- Special Greeting: Have flowers, candy, card or other special greeting in room upon your arrival.
- Personal shopping: Have your refrigerator, or anything else, stocked per your instructions upon your arrival.
- Personal chef: Have a culinary expert prepare a healthy hassle free meal. All types of food options to choose from.
- Personal shopper: A local specialist can assist you or shop for you. And if you like, your gifts can be mailed home.
- Special Decorations: You can have the condo decorated for special occasions like wedding, anniversary, birthday, etc.
* Cost for above services will be a flat rate plus cost of materials. We’ll get you an exact number upon request.
We want to make this the most positive and memorable vacation ever!
We like to upgrade and make improvements from time to time. So while some things may change slightly from the photos, the property will remain mostly as you see it. We update our photos as needed.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Jim and Victoria
I (Jim) grew up on the Big Island (Hawaii) and has lived on Maui for about 25 years. Victoria grew up in Santa Cruz, California and has also lived on Maui for about 25 years. We have owned operated rental properties here in Hawaii for years. We take pride in the quality of our properties and the personal service we give. We feel blessed and lucky to be a small part of some very memorable experiences for our visitors. Besides always upgrading the property we have hired a full time management company to assure our guests can always reach someone if they have a need.
Why Jim and Victoria chose Maalaea
Maalaea is central to everything and has some of the most pristine and barely used beaches - it is absolutely the best kept secret on Maui!
Having lived on Maui for roughly 25 years we could have bought anywhere on the island. But after looking at every direct oceanfront building, we had interest in only a couple and chose this one for it's location. We waited years for one of the perfect direct oceanfront units to become available, where we could enjoy the expansive ocean and outer island views throughout our home and step out to the beach any time of day or night. This was one of only six homes in the building that had all the elements we hoped for. Located in one of the smaller complexes on the island. it's location at Maalaea mean it's far less busy, quieter and more private than other like properties anywhere else on Maui. Our guests love it as much as we do and return year after year.
What makes this condo unique
This property is one of the most quiet, private and romantic locations on the island. We take pride in keeping the property clean and up-to-date. And unlike absentee owners, because we live on island, we have a unique opportunity to tune it up regularly! It's very important to us that our guests have a positive and memorable experience so they return and share our property with their friends. In addition we employ a management company to assure our guests that someone will be available at all times should there be a need. Warmest Aloha, Jim & Victoria
Guestbook comments from the owner
Can't get any closer to the ocean and not get wet! Loved waking up to the sound of the surf. Great central location. Not far to Lahaina, the farmer's market in Kahului, I'ao Valley (a "must see"--spectacular!). Saw so many turtles in the water and on the beach, and the mama and baby whales in early March were really a treat to see. Be sure to have a meal or two at Coconuts in Kihei--looks like just a fast food place, but SO DELICIOUS!!!. The condo is within walking distance from the Maui Ocean Center, not to mention Beach Bums for Sunday brunch, or Country Market for lunch. If you are into birds, try Kealia Pond NWR--added a few to my Life List.