|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Modernized Victorian home with three floors, spacious and very private on a corner lot. Recently renovated hardwood floors. Large garden and only a few steps from a huge park. 10 mnts to central Chelsea and 15 mnts on tube to Westminster. A great location in a great city!
We're dual citizens, American/British. Originally from Minneapolis and NYC. We've lived in London for 9 year. We've lived in 4 neighborhoods and love this one the most. We visit family in the US for long stretches and rent our home during that time. We have three children under three and another one on the way, so our lives are busy, but filled with a very happy chaos. We have a beautiful, bright home which we invite you to also enjoy with your family and friends.We bought this home in May ’12 and have rented out our previous homes in London as well, we’ve been in the rental business for 10 years.
Medora Mrachek purchased this house in 2012
Agents description: A superb, semi-detached double fronted family home set on a corner plot, one house off Clapham Common West, between the two Commons (Parks). The house offers well balanced family accommodation and generous living space. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (1 en suite), double reception rooms, kitchen/eat in dining room u utility room u cellar u southwest facing garden. On the ground floor, a lovely wide entrance hall with the original tessellated tiled flooring leads to an elegant, well proportioned, triple aspect drawing room on one side and a second bay fronted reception room on the other side. To the rear of the property is a bright contemporary kitchen/dining room offering an extensive range of granite topped fitted units and cupboards, integrated appliances and cooking range. Double doors lead from the dining space and the drawing room onto a cleverly designed L shaped south west facing garden. Two fire places, one is an easy on gas switch and the other original wood burning, both recently cleaned and working perfectly. The property also benefits from a utility room located off the kitchen. Upstairs, on the first floor to the front of the house is a generous master bedroom with excellent wardrobe space and a spectacular newly fitted en suite bathroom with glass shower and stand-alone bath. There are a further two double bedrooms both with built in wardrobes and a bathroom. The top floor offers an additional double bedroom with further storage under the eaves and a third bathroom. Thurleigh road is well located on the doorstep of Clapham Common. A beautiful large park/common offers tennis, walking, cafe, etc. just a few steps away. Clapham South Tube (northern line) is a five minute walk away providing easy/quick access into central London and the City. Westminster/London Bridge is merely four tube stops away. The area is well served by a good choice of shops and restaurants of Kings Road, Northcote road and Abbeville village close by.
Luckily we have lots of interest due to: -our central location -spaciousness -only steps from a huge park -our large garden -proximity to the tube (6 mnt walk).
OUR HOME: This London neighborhood is the best we've found after living in central London the past eight years. It's safe, clean, quiet yet lively, leafy and green/only steps from a huge park, and only 5 mnts walk to the tube, 15 mnts to Victoria station (smack in the middle of central London). We have a beautiful home in what we’ve found to be the the perfect London neighbourhood (which if we can say so ourselves, out weighs most everything else we've seen on VRBO in our area) and is very fairly priced. Hotels can't offer our location closer to underground (tube) and parks and amenities (grocers, boutiques, restaurants, etc.) We are priced fairly for our size and location (6 mnts to tube, 10 steps to the park, 5 mnts to restaurants/boutiques).
Date Available: July 28-Sept 8 2014 AND Jan 27-Feb 23 2015 AND Aug 2015.
Contact: I can best be reached by email or please send me your number and I'm happy to call you and cover the cost of international calls.
- Los propietarios no cumplen las condiciones pactadas
- A una semana de irnos de vacaciones, no teníamos claro como conseguir llaves de casa, como quedar con propietario, un desastre, muchos nervios.
- Si no le pagábamos el importe íntegro casa + fianza no nos daban casa.
- Nos devolvieron la fianza pasado un mes (después de varias reclamaciones)
- No nos devolvieron el importe íntegro de la fianza, se han quedado con dinero nuestro, según ellos por limpieza de la casa ( se lo hemos reclamado en varios e.mail pero ni tan siquiera contestan )
- Nunca se habló con ellos de este tema. Lo han descontado por la cara
- La casa cuando llegamos estaba sucia
- Tuvimos que limpiarla al llegar y hacer lavadoras con toallas y sábanas
- Las camas tenían las Sábanas sucias ( usadas )
- No había sábanas para todas las camas.
- Ventanas llenas de telarañas, cristales súper sucios, no se podían abrir..
- No conocimos dueños, dejaron las llaves a un vecino.
- Techo cocina quemado
- No funcionaban cisternas lavabos
- No corresponden fotos con la actualidad ( no mesa jardín, no sofá negro con mesa….)
- Nevera rota
- No teníamos sitio para guardar la ropa ( éramos 9 personas ), tenían los armarios llenos con sus cosas, tuvimos la ropa 12 días guardadas en nuestras maletas y sillas.
- Casa muy alejada del centro
- Has de coger metro para todo, sale cara, no recomiendo
- No hay atracciones en la zona
- Para todo has de ir al centro
- no fiarse de lo que dicen los propietarios, luego no lo cumplen
On the steps of one of London's largest green spaces, Clapham Common (park) yet, you can be in central London, Westminster, in 9 minutes on the tube
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.