|Minimum Stay||3 - 4 nights|
Thanks for previewing our property- A Winning Combination of Quality, Location and Price!
Situated on Ave Gonzalez Suarez, this Terrific Apartment is located in arguably the Best and Most Desirable Neighborhood in the City of Quito, in a Top Notch Building.
Upscale Neighborhood, near fine restaurants, coffee shops, pharmacies, banks, flower shops, ice cream parlors, mini marts, grocery market, etc.
Pack Light, You have a Large Capacity Washer and Dryer.
Need to call home? Free phone calls to USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Arriving on a late flight? Have to clear customs and immigration and not sure when you'll get home? No problem, I can accommodate your arrival as late as necessary.
- Brand new & spacious apartment- 1,668 sq. ft. (155 m²).
- Private Balconies (direct access from the master bedroom, kitchen and living room – 205 sq. ft. (19 m²).
- 2 Assigned Underground Parking Spots (side by side).
- Building offers 24 Hour Security - includes onsite security guards, security cameras throughout the building, and card-controlled entrances and elevators.
- Free Broadband Wireless Internet.
- Free phone calls to USA and Canada.
- Cable TV available in the master bedroom and in the Family/TV room.
- Safe Box for your valuables.
- Beds: 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Twin Size Sofa bed (sleeps up to 8 guests).
- Modern and fully equipped kitchen with granite counters and breakfast table. And with all the dinnerware, cookware, and silverware you will need, plus small and large appliances like fridge, dishwasher, etc. We provide paper towels, napkins, sugar, salt, pepper, coffee and tea.
- Bath towels are plentiful and we provide toilet paper, liquid and bar soap in each of the four bathrooms, plus hair dryers in two of them.
- Access to the gym, sauna and steam room located on the 5th floor.
- Enjoy the outdoor heated pool and 2 Jacuzzi hot tubs located on the 5th floor. Here you can kick back and relax while enjoying best view of the city and of the mountains.
-We are happy to provide tourist information and
recommendations. Just ask us.
We can also assist in arranging airport transfers, as well as day trips.
-For a small fee plus the cost of groceries, we can stock up on some food for you. Just tell us what you need and you'll have them at your arrival.
Long term renters welcome!
Quito has been recognized as the leading tourist destination in South America at the World Travel Awards in 2013, considered the Oscars of Tourism! Come and see what this beautiful capital city has to offer.
Nearest Airport: Mariscal Sucre International Airport located just 15 miles from Quito.
Whether you are traveling for pleasure or business, or simply passing through Quito for a few days before embarking on a tour at the world-renowned Galapagos Islands, this elegantly appointed unit is by far one of the best apartments to rent in Quito. Located in one of the finest high-rise buildings in Quito, Edificio Aldrovandi Plaza is situated in the upscale northern part of town where it is quiet, safe, and chic. This brand new apartment has everything you will need and want to make your experience in Quito comfortable, unique and memorable.
Beyond the excellent LOCATION, what else makes this apartment exclusive?
- Nice Views of the Beautiful Panecillo-Bread Loaf Hill.
- Banks, Restaurants, Mini Markets, Bakeries, and Coffee Shops within walking distance.
- Fully furnished with charming and fine furniture.
- Private balconies.
- All bedrooms have plenty of closet space.
- High Speed Wi-Fi Internet
- Cable TV (LED TV in the master bedroom and in the small TV family room).
- Blu ray and DVD Player.
- Stereo System.
- Roman Blinds throughout the apartment (double blinds in the bedrooms to block out the sun).
- Fully Equipped Kitchen w/dishwasher & coffee table.
- Separate dining area with six chairs
- Granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Porcelain tile flooring (except in bedrooms: carpet).
- Separate room where you’ll find a Washer, Dryer, Sink, Iron and Ironing Board.
- Plenty of towels and linens.
Building Amenities include:
- Gym equipped with 2 treadmills, weights and a
- Sauna and Steam Room.
- Outdoor Heated Pool and 2 Jacuzzi Hot Tubs. (enjoy the view of the city and mountains from here).
- 24 Hour Security - includes onsite security guards, security cameras throughout the building, and card-controlled entrances and elevators.
- Underground Parking (2 assigned side by side spots).
- Plenty of street parking.
What is near the apartment?
- Pizzeria- Restaurant El Hornero and Sweet And Coffee (just across the street from your apartment building),
- 2 convenient mini-markets that offer groceries, fresh fruit, flowers, etc. (located less than half a block away).
-Juan Valdez Café and El Español (less than half a block from your apartment building).
- Cyrano Bakery & Gelato Corfu (located a block away).
- Hotel Quito (4 blocks away).
- The American Ambassador’s Residence (5 blocks away).
- The biggest and best supermarket: SUPERMAXI
(located on the same street approximately 9 blocks away).
- ATM Machine (1 block away).
- Marriott Hotel, El Jardin Shopping Mall, the beautiful La Carolina Park (3 minutes via taxi)
- The posh Swissôtel and the stylish Plaza Foch where you’ll find great restaurants, bars/pubs, internet cafes, bookstores and art galleries (a few minutes via taxi).
- Visit Quito’s historic Colonial Centre which was
declared a world heritage site by UNESCO and explore its remarkable churches, plazas, museums, restaurants/cafes and cobblestone streets ($7 via taxi).
*NOTE: Quito now offers a new tour via a large double deck bus (hop on hop off) that runs a three-hour route through Quito making eleven stops at some of the principal attractions of the city between Naciones Unidas Boulevard (La Carolina Park) and Panecillo hillside.
Sergio was born and raised in Ecuador and his wife, Nelly is originally from Ponce, Puerto Rico. They met and got married in Southern California and soon after their son, David was born, they moved to Quito. They spent the next few years running a restaurant business and simply enjoying the South American way of life. Shortly after their daughter, Veronica was born they decided it was time to move back to Los Angeles, California where they’ve lived for over 35 years. Ecuador, however, has been and continues to be one of their favorite places to vacation. With each visit, they’ve had the pleasure of spending time with relatives and have had many opportunities to explore this beautiful and distinctive country. It truly is a home away from home for this close-knit family.
Sergio Eguiguren purchased this apartment in 2013
While Quito has become a flourishing and thriving commercial city, it remains unique in that it continues to highlight its colonial beauty, culture and traditions while at the same time exhibiting an exciting and contemporary way of life. It’s where the colonial skyline of Old Town Quito and the Andean valley surrounded by volcanic peaks serves as the background of the modern high-rise buildings. It’s the best of both worlds.
They fell in love with this apartment from the moment they stepped foot into it. They decided to invest in this property not only because of its location and wonderful amenities, but because the view of the city capital and the stunning Andean mountains are simply breathtaking, inspiring and calming. There’s really nothing like it.
The apartment itself offers everything a modern traveler might need and the building is perfectly located in a quiet and lovely part of town. And as a bonus, you have access to the gym, the outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzis, and the building has 24 Hour Security which includes building security guard, security cameras throughout the building, and card-controlled entrances.
From the Guest Book.
What an excellent place to stay in Quito! Beautiful condo. After enjoying our stay in Banos and a full day visit to the Quilotoa Lake, we stayed for 3 nights in this excellent condo and could not have asked for a better place in a better location. Very safe and secure.
I would recommend this elegant place to anyone without any hesitation.
Four of us, all adults, recently spent 4 nights in this luxury apartment. I cannot say enough great things about this apartment, or about Sergio's hospitality. Having stayed in vacation rentals all over the world, we know a few things about them. In this case, Sergio has thought of absolutely everything one could ever need, and obviously cares that his guests are completely comfortable. Also, all the finishes in this apartment are top notch, plus the location and view are amazing, as well as the security of the building. The 4 of us were completely comfortable, and wanting for nothing. One special note: The morning we checked out, we flew to another city in Ecuador for 1 night, with an itinerary that included yet another night in Quito 2 days later, at a small hotel near the airport, 45 minutes from Sergio's apartment. Upon arriving at the next city, I realized I had left 2 credit cards at Sergio's apartment. I contacted him immediately, and all options were open to me. Sergio immediately drove to the apartment, and then offered to mail them back to my US address, drive them 45 minutes to our next Quito hotel, or cut them up, my choice. I settled on cutting them up. But through it all, Sergio's caring concern for resolving this issue was front and center.
Here are a few points, which others have likely said, and / or are included in the write-up:
- Wi-fi is excellent.
- The apartment offers free local calls, plus free calls to the US and Canada via MagicJack.
- Sergio arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. While we were there, we used this same driver several times for tours, and additional airport transportation. Excellent service. Great guy.
- There's a 24-hour guard in the building, who is extremely nice, and rushes to hold the doors and call the elevator for you.
- There are 3 bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms. Way more than we needed, but nice to spread out.
- There's a washer and dryer, plus laundry soap and dryer sheets provided. Nice touch.
- The kitchen is fully-equipped. Fully. Even tons of wine glasses available.
- The neighborhood is safe and upscale. There's a really great pizza restaurant right across the street, and 2 grocery stores on the block.
Bottom line - I can't imagine a better place to stay in Quito, or a more hospitable host. Thank you, Sergio for thinking of everything!
Quito, (VRBO Listing #485295) owned by Mr. Sergio Eguiguren, a man that represents the best example of what a vacation rental host should strive to be like. Think about it...you have never been to a South American country before, you’re a little uneasy, you don’t speak Spanish, after a long, exhausting flight you and your family arrive after midnight only to discover that one of your suitcases never made it.
Sergio, with his big smile and his excellent command of the English language, greets you and tells you to relax he will take care of the problem. He stays up with you to 3:00 a.m. until the luggage is tracked down, and we were assured that it will be held at the airport until we can pick it up the next morning. One can only appreciate the important role Sergio played here when you consider that most of the people at the airport do not speak English so my calling them would not do any good.
A few days later Sergio stopped by to check on us to see if everything was to our satisfaction, of course, it was, his apartment offers more than most others, in fact with the sophisticated 24 Hour Security system we felt very safe for our first two weeks in Ecuador. He found that I had come down with a severe cough that he recognized as a symptom of (HAPE) high-altitude pulmonary edema. This is a serious issue that is usually experienced only by mountain climbers who ascend too quickly to high altitudes. He left and quickly returned with medicine from the pharmacy that a doctor would have to prescribe in the states. It was a diuretic to help reduce the build up of fluid in my lungs, which was causing the severe cough. At that point, I begin to believe the man was a saint.
Sergio goes above and beyond what anyone expects, he even offers a Skype phone that allows you to make and receive calls to the U.S. over the internet at no costs. This was such a nice feature since our cell phones charged us almost $4.00 a minute to make a call to the U.S. We highly recommend Sergio’s apartment for anyone staying in Quito. Especially if you are interested in a great location, beautiful & safe environment, and the services of a good host like Mr. Sergio Eguiguren who goes out of his way to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible.
This condo is in an upscale neighbourhood. There are two mini markets within a block, an excellent café/bakery and a pizza restaurant across the street. Taxis are easy to find in front of the building and very reasonable for travelling around the city. The apartment is modern, clean and very comfortable - especially the beds. The owner arranged for a pick up on arrival at Quito airport and later for a van and driver for a day of sightseeing in Otavalo and surrounding area. Our six day stay here was superb.
Rented this condo for five wonderful days in Quito. Everything from laundry soap to paper supplies was provided. The owner was on hand and really helpful in arranging tours and rides to the airport. Taxi's were really easy to get right outside the door. Super fast internet, pillow top beds, fluffy towels, just like home.
This rental was recommended by a friend, and it was everything we could have hoped for. I traveled with my family of 6 (wife and four children) and the owner was incredibly helpful and responsive to all of our needs. The apartment is very nice and worked out well for our large family. The owner arranged transportation to and from the airport, and we hired the driver for tours of Old Town, Otavalo and Mindo over the next few days.
We took advantage of paying a small fee to have the kitchen pre-stocked with food prior to our arrival, which was especially important since we arrived very late at night. There is a small market right next door to the complex, as well as restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and pharmacies. Our favorite restaurant on our stay was Sole e Luna which was just few blocks away.
We had the most fabulous time in this past week . My family ( 4 adults) were delighted with our find - a clean and very comfortable apartment in a great location . The facilities and furnishings were as described and the 24 hours security desk staff was excellent. This apartment is close to bakeries , pharmacies and restaurants. We loved it. As soon you walk in you feel home because there is a family atmosphere. The rooms are lovely decorated and immaculately clean. Carmen was very kind. Thanks Carmen and Sergio for your help and flexibility with us. Our trip to Quito was wonderful all around , and your apartment was a big part of it.
Middle of the World/Mitad Del Mundo (Latitude 0º); El Panecillo – Volcanic hill that sits approximately 9,895 Ft (3,016 M) above sea level and provides the most incredible view of the city of Quito; Itchimbía Cultural Center and Park; Iglesia de la Compañia de Jesus located in Old Town Quito, is a stunning baroque church regarded by many as the most beautiful in the Americas; The Teleférico - The world's second-highest cable car will whisk passengers up to the summit of the Pichincha Volcano (about 12,000 feet up) on the western edge of the city; Metropolitan Park – Enjoy 1400 acres of this eucalyptus forest which includes numerous sculptures, walking & biking trails and picnic areas; Botanical Gardens (El Jardín Botánico) is located on the southwest side of Parque La Carolina (Carolina Park) and it's a great escape from the city. It highlights Ecuador's ecosystems which represents a wide variety of flora; Museo Guayasamin - A museum which houses the collection of Ecuador's most renowned contemporary artist, Oswaldo Guayasamin; Calle de la Ronda is a unique street in Old Town Quito which was restored and transformed into a romantic cobbled street just off the Plaza Santo Domingo; Atahualpa Stadium – Where professional soccer games are played; Plaza Foch where you’ll find great restaurants, bars/pubs, internet cafes, bookstores and art galleries; Quito’s historic colonial Centre which was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. Here, you can its many churches, plazas, museums, restaurants/cafes and cobblestone streets.
*NOTE: Quito now offers a new tour via a large double decker bus (hop on hop off) that runs a three-hour route through Quito making eleven stops at some of the principal attractions of the city between Naciones Unidas Boulevard (La Carolina Park) and the Panecillo hillside.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Dec 2015 - 2 Jan 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional adult guest, and $10 per additional child (Consult with Owner). Infants do not pay anything.
50% Deposit required to block out your dates and secure your booking.
A refundable Security Deposit may be required which will be based on the length of your stay and number of people in your party.
Wire transfers, Credit cards and personal checks accepted.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (USD), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.