Photos and Description of this holiday studio in Kaanapali
1 studio, 1 Bathroom Sleeps 3
IMAGINE a Hawaiian vacation at Maui’s newest resort … where the sea, sand and gentle warm breezes welcome you
All the amenities of a NEW unsurpassed LUXURIOUS HOTEL combined with the comfort, spaciousness and features of a private residence with FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN – no wonder HONUA KAI RESORT & SPA with its 38 acres of lush, landscaped grounds containing both tranquil areas and also an expansive aquatic playground is rated as one of the top beachfront luxury resorts in Maui by TripAdvisor and others.
From the moment you arrive, magnificent open lobbies with ocean views greet you and the lush landscaping with fragrant gardens and water features draw you further into a resort and spa with world class distinction.
Honua Kai has something for everyone…. an infinity-edge pool with cabanas, aqua loungers, pool side beverage and food service, hot tubs, swim-under waterfalls, ‘lazy river’, quiet pool, and sandy bottom pool area with water slide, activity center with rentals, day and 10 outdoor Viking gas grills areas and on-site gourmet market and Duke's restaurant. … all of this and more and our unit is listed at competitive prices (typically far less than booking from the resort directly!)
FEATURES OF OUR STUDIO:
* Spacious 600 sq. feet open floor plan – larger than most one bedroom condos in Maui
* Folding glass wall seamlessly blends inside living into an ADDITIONAL FULLY FURNISHED 100 SQ. FT. PRIVATE LANAI
*Highly desirable inner-courtyard studio (Konea Tower) with gorgeous tropical sunsets and ocean views
* Fully equipped kitchens (full size kitchen) with granite counters and Bosch stainless steel appliances — a gourmet cook’s dream
* Granite island bar for drinks and dining
* Front-loading Bosch washer and dryer (in suite)
* High end contemporary décor with luxurious king bed plus comfortable full sofa sleeper equipped with fresh fine linens and protective hypo-allergenic covers on beds and pillows; blackout lined drapery to help ensure restful sleep
* Spa bathroom has shower and separate soaking tub, DUAL sinks - fine bedding and spa bath products
* Central air conditioning, ceiling fan
* Concrete construction, sound dampening walls
* 42” LCD TV, 60+ cable channels, BluRay /DVD
* iPhone/iPod speaker deck/charger/alarm clock
* Free high-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
* Free local and long distance calls (within the U.S. and to Canada)
* Tommy Bahama back-pack /cooler beach chairs, beach umbrella and boogie boards…
* Pack ‘N Play Playard/Crib
*our extra touches help ensure your stay with us is magical and memorable
THE AMENITIES OF THE WORLD CLASS HONUA KAI RESORT:
* Maui’s NEWEST whole ownership condominium in 25 years on spectacular Kaanapali Beach
* Kaanapali Beach is a world famous destination with an expansive beach, snorkeling reef… #1 2013 Traveler’s Choice Beach Award
* 38 acre of manicured grounds with water features and spectacular pools
* Poolside Viking gas grills and picnic area with tables for dining
* On-site restaurants: *Duke's Beach House - one of Maui’s top restaurants with locally sourced ingredients
* A'ina Gourmet Deli & Market - convenient for your cooking needs, gifts and great lattes and ice cream…
* Two free fitness center rooms featuring top-quality equipment
*On-site concierge service
* Ho’ola Spa is now open on site! experience Hawaiian spa treatments
* Underground & valet parking ($) and 24-hour staffed security
* Honua Kai is a smoke free resort
EXPLORING THE AREA BEYOND HONUA KAI RESORT AND SPA:
*Shopping center, Times supermarket, great restaurants, rentals… just ACROSS THE STREET
* Snorkel stunning reefs right out front of the resort on Kaanapali Beach
* Scenic boardwalk and trail meanders along beach and past ocean-side restaurants connecting Honua Kai to Whaler’s Village - enjoy early morning runs or gentle walks
* World-class shopping (local stores, designer boutiques, art…) at Whaler’s Village and the quaint historic port town of Lahaina – just minutes away by car or nearby bus
* Championship golf courses nearby (Kapalua Plantation - home to Mercedes-Benz Championship, North & South Kaanapali Royal and Kapalua Bay courses within 10 minute)
* Sunset and snorkel cruises, whale watching, sport fishing, sightseeing, bird watching, helicopter tours…
* Stand-up paddle-boarding, zip lining, hiking, kayaking, surfing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, boat charters…
* Scenic drive to Hana, tour or bike or hike Haleakal?, festive luau...
….limitless as your imagination - the magic of Maui awaits you with endless opportunities for making lifetime memories
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
* Professional, personal and courteous care from us, the owners
* Welcoming, responsive answers to inquiries and questions
* Our property caretaker is minutes from the resort and on-site almost every day to ensure that your stay is effortless and enjoyable
* Aloha gift with Hawaiian coffee, chocolates, bath products & other amenities
* Credit cards and e-checks accepted with NO surcharge fees - book securely and confidently through VRBO
We do our best to ensure that you enjoy our place in paradise as much as we do!
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Maureen and Robert Parker
Robert and Maureen live in Canada and feel really fortunate to have a place in paradise at Honua Kai Resort and Spa and to be able to connect with so many wonderful guests! Growing up, Rob’s family had vacation homes in Maui for over 30 years and his family moved to Maui for a year when Rob was 13 years old. Rob and his sister went to school at King Kamehameha in Lahaina that year. Robert now owns his own construction company and Maureen is a Registered Clinical Counsellor. After marrying, Rob and Maureen chose Maui as the perfect place to celebrate their honeymoon and later stayed at Honua Kai Resort and Spa twice with their children before purchasing from the developer in 2013. Honua Kai Resort and Spa really feels like coming home. With warm aloha, Maureen and Robert
Why Maureen and Robert Parker chose Kaanapali
Honua Kai Resort and Spa on Kaanapali Beach, Maui, has everything imaginable. Maui is such an amazing place with tropical great weather all year round (voted “Best Island” Conde Nast Traveler for 19 years) and Kaanapali Beach not only has less rain than other areas of Maui, but also a beautiful five mile stretch of soft sand and crystal clear, gentle water.
What makes this studio unique
Walking into Honua Kai Resort and Spa we feel the relaxed, aloha spirit of Hawaii. It’s a magical experience… we ease into the day with lattes or ice cream from A'ina market right in the resort and then either play at the pools, relax in the sun, go off on an adventure or find great shops to browse. We often end the day with a great home cooked feast using ingredients from Costco and local markets and end the day in a hot tub or with an evening stroll along the ocean boardwalk. We are never without our camera to capture wonderful memories to sustain us until our return to Maui.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We are nearing the end of our fabulous three week stay at Honua Kai Resort and Spa… somehow time seems different here in Maui…. there are many moments when time seems suspended, when one is lost in moments of pure joy, love and laughter and yet it seems like in a blink time has flown by, and only captured in a memory. The other morning I decided to ‘make the most’ of my morning walk and leave my camera in the condo so as to get a workout before starting my day. Hawaii has a way of teaching many lessons if one is open. Rob decided to join me this morning and humoured my need to walk briskly but by the time we reached Black Rock he had convinced me to leave the walking path and kick off our shoes and meander along the shoreline – the water was just cool enough to be refreshing as it gently caressed our ankles and invited us to enjoy the moment.
From years of boating, Rob has picked up the habit of always scanning the ocean and he suddenly spotted dolphins off shore. They were only about a block out and travelled along the edge with us, all the while jumping and spinning while we made our way along the beach. Like a pied piper, the spinning dolphins collected many followers along the way back till we finally reached Honua Kai and like the finale at the fireworks they exploded in unison jumping and spinning before heading off to Lanai. We headed off also but to Ãina for our morning latte, still spouting about our experience, when an outrigger guide shared that he saw the spinning dolphins from the water and from his viewpoint there were around 300 of them! Hawaii is teaching me to slow down, smell the plumeria flowers, take time to stroll along the water’s edge, and be open to the gifts that Maui offers.
We just purchased our brand new condo from the developer and really enjoyed spending quality time in our vacation home and can't wait to come back! We loved starting each day on our lanai looking out to the ocean nibbling on local pineapple, mango and apple bananas topped with yogurt and granola. We enjoyed the sun filled days at the pools or Kaanapali Beach and explored close-by sights like the blowhole and canopy topped jungle valleys within a half an hour drive! We are really excited about sharing our vacation home in paradise with wonderful guests and hearing about their wonderful experiences. Honua Kai Resort and Spa is a really magical place!