Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday apartment in Tarifa - Apartment in Tarifa
One Double Bedroom apartment (max 4 persons) at the best beach in Tarifa
Brand new apartment at the town entrance, in a newly built complex on the beachfront. It has one double bedroom with two single beds, 1 fully equipped bathroom, dressing room, living room with an open-plan kitchen, sofa bed where two can sleep, ADSL/WIFI, Ipod/ Iphone stereo, 32'' LCD TV and DVD. It also has a nice terrace, ideal for having breakfast, eating or dining. It includes bathroom towels (not beach towels) and bed linen. The complex has a very nice shared pool and garden sheltered from Levante winds.
I have just finished furnishing it at the end of July 2010, so everything is brand new. The appartment is conveniently located in front of a large and well prized supermarket (Mercadona), new kite and winsurf gear and clothing stores and the 'Café del Mar' restaurant & nightclub. The beach by the appartment, called 'Playa de los Lances', is 150 meters away and the old part of town is 1.500 meters away too, so it's like a 15-20 minutes walk
Excursions to nearby villages- On the way to Cadiz: • Bolonia: 20 km from Tarifa. You can visit the Roman city of Claudia Baelo.
• Zahara de los Atunes: 41 km from Tarifa (30 min). Nice beaches, slightly less populated than those of Tarifa.
• Vejer de la Frontera: 51km from Tarifa on the N340 (40 min). White town, very nice, with narrow and steep streets. Located in the mountains at an altitude of 201 meters, it was declared a Historic Artistic Monument in 1976.
• Caños de Meca: 60 km from Tarifa (50 min). One of the most popular beaches in the province of Cadiz, enjoys a unique natural environment for its crystal clear waters, pine trees and cascades of fresh water that fall from the cliffs. Located in the Cape of Trafalgar, scene of the battle of the same name that was fought in the seventeenth century between the British and Franco troops.
Excursions from Tarifa- On the way to Algeciras: • Castellar de la Frontera: 44 km from Tarifa. Historic-Artistic Monument. It is a small white town with charm, cobblestone streets in the middle of Natural Park and next to the reservoir of the Alcornocales.
• Gibraltar: 47 km from Tarifa.
• Tanger, Morocco: 14 km and 35 min by ferry, which leaves from the fishing port of Tarifa.
Activities: • Wind and Kitesurf
• Whale & Dolphin watching
• Horse Riding
• Mountain bike routes: there are lots of excursions to do in the area, in front of the apartment, you may rent the bikes, ask for the routes, etc, in addition to other activities, like Stand up Paddle Board, Climbing, Canyoning, Trekking and Bird Watching.
• Golf: The best and closest field is La Dehesa de Montenmedio, 40 minutes away (42.5 km), on the way to Vejer de la Frontera.
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
Hi! My name is Marco, I was born in San Sebastian, a beautiful seaside city north of Spain, in 1971 and I am actually living in Madrid. I love travelling, watersports (windsurf, surf, swimming, etc.), mountainbiking, tech, yoga and a long etcetera. I take attention to details and like clean, comfortable and functional places.
I’ve been windsurfing since I was 9 and although I lived in Madrid I’ve been travelling to Tarifa yearly since 1987. Years ago I started looking for an apartment. It was not easy as I wanted it to be conveniently close to the town and to the beach, have a reasonable size and quality together with a garage for my car and an equipment warehouse to keep all my gear. Ideally with pool and garden for those days when you prefer not going to the beach. Finally, I chose this apartment that was on construction and that was finished by the summer of 2010 and that I enjoy making constant improvements to make it nice and comfortable to spend some holidays.
Its location, size, it's fantastic pool (in summer) and having plenty of room to safely park the car in any season, it's warehouse to leave your gear, and its modern and complete equipment. It has everything you could need in a house, and more! :-)