Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday villa in Gift Hill - Coconuts
Three Bedroom, Three Bath Villa, With Numerous High-end Amenities
Located on Gifft Hill, 750 feet above sea level, Coconuts features a unique combination of panoramic ocean views, spectacular sunsets, extensive outdoor living and dining areas, and numerous high-end amenities. The ocean views are among the finest on St. John, and include up to twenty islands, stretching from French Cap in the south to Grass Cay in the north, and as far away as Vieques and Puerto Rico. Coconuts is known for its spectacular, year-round sunsets, and at night, the twinkling lights of St. Thomas beckon across the waters of Pillsbury Sound. The flat, hilltop location of Coconuts ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a flat driveway with ample room for several cars. The entrance is framed by two large coconut palms, and the grounds include a magnificent Flamboyant, gently sloping side and lower lawns, lush tropical landscaping, and mature fruit trees. The many restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay are only a ten minute drive away, all on newly paved major roads.
The pool is solar heated, and at night, the pool light slowly changes colors, with its diffuse hues illuminating the courtyard. The seven-person hot tub is mounted flush with the main deck, and offers panoramic ocean and sunset views. The addition of wide, gentle stairs down to the new lower sundeck provides unobstructed “infinity deck” ocean views from the entrance, pool, and deck chairs.
Coconuts single-level floor plan consists of four hip-roofed buildings centered around the solar heated pool and interior courtyard, and connected by decks, covered walkways, and patio gardens.
Coconuts provides the ultimate in Caribbean indoor/outdoor living. Its outdoor living areas include a garden interior courtyard, the main pool deck with its large, built-in spa, the gazebo with its dining table, couch, chairs, and outdoor sound system, the new billiard porch with its pool table, outdoor kitchen and sound system, and a large new lower sundeck with wrap-around bench seating. Unusual for St. John, Coconuts' grounds are flat and walkable, with large front and side lawns, gorgeous tropical landscaping, and mature fruit trees. An elegant and accurate brass sundial graces the ocean view lawn, and botanical plant labels identify many of the plantings.
Dining options are extensive, and include the great room table for six, the gazebo dining table for six, granite counter dining for six by the outdoor kitchen, and a table for four on the lower sun deck. Dine in the gazebo, at a table with some of the finest ocean and sunset views on St. John.
Coconuts is among only a few St. John villas that offer two kitchens; a fully enclosed main kitchen with a breakfast bar for entertaining the chef, and a complete outdoor kitchen facing the view in the new billiard porch. The outdoor kitchen includes a built-in 36 inch gas grill, Teppanyaki cook surface, dual side burners, hot water sink, fridge, illuminated bar, and granite counter dining for six.
The great room includes a high-definition 100 inch front projection system with a subwoofer, as well as a 42' flat screen TV Use either to watch a movie from our extensive Blu-ray library, your favorite TV show or sporting event, or photos and videos from your visit to St. John.
Coconuts shares ownership with the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Plumeria (www.vrbo.com/472847), and the two villas can be rented together, accommodating larger groups with up to sixteen guests. Lush tropical landscaping provides complete privacy between the two villas, which each have their own half acre lot. For joint villa rentals, a gate between their lots is unlocked, allowing guests to walk freely between the grounds.
Play a game of pool or table tennis in the new billiard porch, cook and entertain in the beautiful outdoor granite kitchen, enjoy the star-filled skies from the hammock deck, or simply relax in the gazebo, pool, and spa. Whatever you prefer, Coconuts is the ideal place to stay during your visit to the beautiful island of St. John
VILLA HIGHLIGHTS AND AMENITIES:
- Private, flat, hilltop location with panoramic ocean views, spectacular sunsets, and tropical breezes
- Indoor/outdoor living: four buildings centered around a pool, with covered walkways, courtyard gardens, extensive decks, gazebo, porch, and large lawns with tropical fruit trees
- Large lower sundeck, with wrap-around bench seating
- Home theater with 100 inch front projection system and 42” flat-screen TV, rattan recliners, subwoofer, an HD-DVR to record your favorite shows, HD cable with HBO, and a Blu-ray/DVD library with 55 titles
- The pool is solar heated with guest temperature controls, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round
- LED pool lighting lets guests select among five fixed colors, and seven color programs
- Billiard porch with full sized, single-piece slate pool table, spectacular ocean views, and a table tennis top
- The billiard porch includes an outdoor kitchen with a built-in 36 inch gas grill, dual side burner, fridge, sink, Teppanyaki cook surface, illuminated bar, and granite counter dining for six
- Seven person spa with panoramic ocean views, waterfall, and LED color lighting
- Large shaded living and dining gazebo with dining table, couch, chairs, and outdoor sound system
- Whisper-quiet split air conditioning in the master, guest and loft bedrooms
- All rooms feature flat-screen TV's, Blu-ray players, premium cable w/ HBO, iPod-ready sound systems, and high speed wireless internet
- High-end telescope and binoculars for daytime use and/or star gazing
- Free-standing hip-roofed main kitchen building, with a complete set of Penzeys' spices
- The deluxe massage table can be set up indoors or out on the deck, for a massage with a view.
- Villa-wide UV sterilized and activated charcoal water purification system
- Cordless phones with free unlimited calling to the US mainland
- Roku 3, Netflix, and Pandora One for free unlimited video and music streaming
NOTES: Coconuts has proven to be a very popular villa, so advance planning may be needed to secure a reservation for your chosen dates.
Coconuts is exceptionally well documented. Feel free to contact us and ask for a copy of 'Welcome to Coconuts', which has lots of detailed information about both Coconuts, and the island of St. John.
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
About Kevin and Danielle McCarthy
Kevin and Danielle McCarthy purchased Coconuts in 2010, and began extensive expansion, remodeling, and upgrades, which were completed in early 2012. Coconuts has since become one of the most popular rental villas on St. John. In 2013, we had an opportunity to purchase the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Plumeria (www.vrbo.com/472847), which allows larger groups of up to sixteen guests to be accommodated. At both Coconuts and Plumeria, we are singularly focused on making the guest experience the finest it can possibly be.
Kevin and Danielle McCarthy purchased this villa in 2010
Why Kevin and Danielle McCarthy chose Gift Hill
We were in the market for a villa with incredible ocean views, sunsets, Caribbean indoor / outdoor living, a level floor plan with a flat driveway, quick and easy access to Cruz Bay, and complete privacy. We were delighted to find Coconuts in the summer of 2010, which fulfilled all of our expectations and more. With the renovations and expansion that we embarked upon, Coconuts has gotten even better. We invite you to join our many repeat guests in discovering this tropical gem.
What makes this villa unique
- Incredible, panoramic ocean views
- Flat, very private hilltop location
- Magnificent, year-round sunsets
- Solar heated pool with LED color lighting
- Seven person spa with panoramic views
- Indoor / Outdoor Caribbean living
- Billiard porch with granite outdoor kitchen