Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday apartment in San Francisco - LOWER HAIGHT NATHAN'S ALLEY SF
3 bdrms, 1.5 bath (Sleeps maximum 6)
Live like a local at “Nathan’s Alley” in the sunny Lower Haight. Comfortable, cozy, art-filled apartment superbly situated in a “destination” neighborhood, mere blocks from so many must sees: the famous Victorians called 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro District, Market Street & F Line Trolley (which takes you quickly to Fisherman’s Wharf, The Embarcadero, Ferry Bldg., The Exploratorium), Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Mason, Fort Point, The Presidio, Crissy Fields; not to mention the many venues the Lower Haight has to offer.
While the gourmet kitchen is there for those who love to cook, for those who do not there is host of nearby restaurants to choose from – several, such as Thep Phenom (Thai) and Indian Oven (both consistent winner of “Best of the Bay” in our local weeklies) being literally just down the block.
• a modern unit with 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms, 1.5 granite & marble bathrooms, living room, dining area & kitchen combined, all the conveniences & comforts of a home away from home.
• Steps away from a destination neighborhood that people drive for miles to get to.
• Garden: artfully landscaped garden that guests will enjoy.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, 2nd bdrm with queen-sized bed, living room with queen sofa sleeper, two twin-sized trundle beds in the back bdrm. Storage galore, 2 closets with organizers, chest drawers & hidden storage in the sofa sleepers, coffee tables & ottomans.
• Bathrooms: 1.5 bathrooms. Main bath: shower over tub, pedestal sink, toilet. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash provided. Half bath: toilet and sink with organizer for towels.
• Kitchen: Well-appointed fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, well-stocked for those who love to cook, a slew of nearby restaurants for those who don’t
* cafes: Bean There (right around the corner), Café du Soleil, Café International (live entertainment), The Grind, Duboce Park Cafe.
* multi-ethnic array of restaurants: Indian Oven, Squat & Gobble, Thep Phenom (Thai), Sushi Raw (Japanese, Chinese), Axium (Ethiopian), Palmyra (Mediterranean), Kate’s Kitchen, Maven Bar & Restaurant, Uva Enoteca, Chow, too many to mention.
• Laundry: On-site front loading washer & dryer (no coinage necessary)
• Heating: Central heating and thermostat controlled.
• Dining: Dining area seats 4 comfortably, a coffee table with a lift that converts to an additional 4 seating.
• Wifi: Two smart TVs (40” and 47”) with free Comcast Xfinity high-speed wifi, access to your private Netflix account, wifi-ready HDTV, all the entertainment, HBO, sports channel available. Sony Blu-ray DVD player & wifi ready, mini-stereo system, HP photoprinter scan, print for guests use.
• Parking: driveway in front of the property
• Pets: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered. Pet fee charge of $50 for minimum 3 nights stay.
• Parks: Within walking distance to the famous Alamo Square Park and the row of Victorians called “Painted Ladies”, the famous Haight-Ashbury district, Buena Vista Park, Duboce Park, Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, Hayes Valley Playground.
• Transportation: Easy access to all public transportations (bus, MUNI, BART) like 2-3 blocks away. MUNI to BART to the airport and other Bay Area destinations, (subway MUNI trains F, J, K, L, M, N lines to downtown, & AT&T Baseball Park). Mere blocks to the historic “F” trolley line that connects to the cable cars, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf. Literally 10-15 minutes to Union Square, Embarcadero Center, Modern Museum of Art, Randall Museum, De Young Museum, the Science Museum, Palace of Fine Arts. Transit score: 100; Bike and walk score: 91.
• Supermarkets & Pharmacy: Safeway (24-hr open 7 days a week), Whole Foods, Golden Natural Foods, CVS Pharmacy, mom & pop grocery stores mere blocks away.
• Medical Facilities: the world renowned University of California San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Davies Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) are all within 15 minutes away. Free shuttle stops within 4 blocks away for UCSF & SFGH, 2 blocks for CPMC at Davies Medical Center.
• Rental Cars: Zipcar with depot of rental cars available within the neighborhood area. Check Zipcar.com website for more information.
• Wine Tour: wine tour shuttles within short distance from Nathan’s Alley. Check winetours.com website.
• Non-smoking apartment
Check in time: 3:00 pm
Check out time: 11:00 am
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Scott Taylor
We have lived in all the units of our building and Nathan’s Alley certainly has had many fond memories for us. We look forward to speaking via phone with any who are interested in learning more about what we have.
Scott Taylor purchased this apartment in 1987
Why Scott Taylor chose San Francisco
The Lower Haight is in the Heart of San Francisco. It's a neighborhood where you'll find an essence of what it means to call San Francisco one's home. It is in close proximity to all the conveniences of city living; close to all the shops, restaurants, groceries, transportation and experience living as a local. Also, it is close to all the must see sights of San Francisco. It is a very vibrant, interesting and diverse neighborhood where guests can enjoy the local flavor and what San Francisco has to offer.
What makes this apartment unique
All the amenities and conveniences of city living. Three bedrooms, one and half baths (1-1/2) with all the comforts of home.
Transit score: 100
Bike and walk score: 91.
Cars may not be necessary. There are rental cars within close proximity.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved our stay here at Nathan's Alley. Our family of 5 had plenty of room to spread out. We all loved the beds and plush blankets. We stayed cozy at night!
[We] were very impressed with how well-organized the apartment is. Everything is labeled, and direction booklets for all of the appliances are in the binder. For a small kitchen, the amount of small appliances, dishes, etc, is amazing! You have it all--and more! Especially grateful for the Keurig coffee machine and K-cups!