*featured in the Travel Channel's Extreme Houseboats, Waterways World magazine & several boat designer magazines!*
Truly unique, has it all!
Central London designer 2-3 bedroom 2 bathroom boat-home with private use of attached designer garden in the heart of charming little Venice! See photos!
Welcome to London and if you want to truly have a unique experience, welcome to Boathome LiLa!
7 mins walk from Heathrow express platform @ Paddington makes LiLa a perfect pad to explore London from.
Whether it is James Bond-style hidden doorways or galleys worthy of Gordon Ramsay, this 'Boat-Home' embodies the saying: 'imagination is the key to creating the perfect living space…'
Immerse yourself into the enchanting canal world of Little Venice (where Richard Branson’s canal boat also lives!)
1. In the words of our Guests…
Ambience & Adventure:
“We have travelled many times to London, staying in hotels, b&b's and rental flats. In fact, we have rented flats throughout the world. Our week on Lila was by far the most enjoyable and meaningful of any of the places we have stayed.”
“Thank you for letting us into your special world”
“Looking up through the skylight while in bed and seeing the lovely tree and the sky was very peaceful”
“This clearly was a home full of all the right things and you felt it wherever you looked and touched”
“You guys are the best”
“…the most important element of our stay on the houseboat was the strong presence of Darshi, Divya and the family”
“The houseboat is very well equipped with all the amenities you would expect for comfortable daily living”
“It was a real cold spell when in London and the boat was always toasty and dry. The tub with jets was very comforting after a cold day in the city as well”
“Best of all was being on the boat in this true oasis in the middle of the city.”
“The location is superb-quiet/secluded neighborhood yet very close to two tube stations and a short walk to great shopping and eating streets”
“Great location on the Regent's Canal-we rented bikes and rode down to the Thames one day-great adventure”
2. Our Description
We're renting the entire boat,situated in prestigious, unique Little Venice, a tree-lined quiet exclusive private boating community (i.e. our boat is NOT on the towpath)… AND you will have exclusive use of adjacent designer garden... which forms part of the mooring…Enjoy living in the serene green watery space besides the multi-million mansions of the Rothschilds... where Richard Branson's boat is a neighbor
By virtue of 'smart-design', Boat Lila embodies the phrase 'less simply becomes much more'
• 2-3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms (one with Jacuzzi!), 2 Skylights, Open Kitchen with Dining stools, Separate 6 seater Dinette in the bow as well as Fridge, Freezer, Microwave, Oven, Water Purifier, WiFi, Outdoor Hot Tub, Outdoor 2 seater swing in Adjacent Garden for private use!
• There is a Skylight in the living room to lie in the hammock, couch or on centrally-heated floor with side radiator panels, looking up at the sky, stars & ancient 300 year old lime tree :-)
• Spacious master bedroom with king-size bed & Skylight above the bed allowing to look up the tree & stars… very calming & romantic!
• Main bathroom has his & hers basins and a deep-soaking Japanese style bath with inbuilt jacuzzi function including multi-light therapy functioning and rain shower…
• 2nd part of the boat, especially built for independent living with 5 bunks, the bottom 3 of which can convert into a super-kingsize bed while retaining the 2 single bunk beds and ample wardrobe storage.
• The lower berths are not raised up too much, so there is ample headroom to stop the occupants hitting their heads.
• Adjoining the 2nd bedroom is separate self-contained 2nd wet room, with a macerator loo (containing a bidet, like the main toilet)
• There is rain shower + hand shower fitting and water drains away through the hard-wood walnut floor into a stainless steel tray.
• On the rear deck, the walnut deck boards continue the theme
• Throughout the boat, lighting is by dimmable LED units with multiple switches, giving great control
• Other features include combinations of under gunwale and roof lighting, stainless steel galley, Innovative bathroom designs
• Ample storage & open space
• Adjoining the boat is a 60ft long X 20 ft wide garden space for Private use! The grass deck is great for kids/sitting/ exercise/yoga etc… alongside the grass garden are also:
• Outside wood fired Pizza oven
• Outdoor hot tub
• Outdoor Double-Seater Comfort Swing which is delightful amidst sunshine and blue skies or on a starry night!
3. Location, Attractions & Famous Residents
• Our boat-home is by the Grand Union Canal, which dates back to the 1700's & is the oldest form of transport pre-dating rail, roads & air as we know them… Situated alongside a peaceful residential area, our location carries the dual ‘wow’ factor by being close to popular London tourist attractions, while being in a world of its own
Our ‘Lila’ Family We are a loving close knit tri-continental family who see our dreams through to creation and inspire others to create theirs! Rowan is a top international lawyer, playfully-provoking life-coach, who loves adventure, dares to visualise outside not just the box but the entire machine that produces the box ;-) and brings his vision to fruition! Nature, adventure & music lover, Rowan is an inspirational father & student to his goddesses-at-home; 4 year old Tara & loving husband & best friend to wife Darshi. Darshi is a Chartered Accountant, Coach & Consultant, Entrepreneur caring wife & yummy mummy! She has led her life through fearless vision, constantly shifting paradigms and inspiring those around her with how embodied-grace & courage can transform the unexpected. Tara is life-force personified! Our 4 year old dynamite speaks with the maturity of a 44 year old at times, gives stage artists a run for their money, embraces radical change that people of all ages can learn from & and yet warms the hearts of those around her with her unique innocence Stefani is the newest addition to our family, recently migrated to London from Australia, has a strong record of professional experience in the service industry and she will be our face, voice, eyes & ears to You!
London is a charming city, and to be immersed in the charm makes London even more a beautiful place to visit.
The proximity to key attractions, the shops and convenience stores around, the easy transport links, and of course not to miss magical walks around the canal, Saturday walks to Portobello Market & the annual Notting Hill carnival... are all very good reasons to say that this is indeed the very best place to base from in London.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Rate||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200.00|
|End of Term Cleaning Fee||£100.00|
|Notes||End of Term Cleaning Fee
Deposit £200 (Refundable within 48 hours subject to no damages, breakages, loss or excess cleaning charges)
Full deposit will be forfeited if neighbours are disrupted during your stay (e.g. by inconsiderate, loud, late, anti social actions etc)
Thank you for being our Conscious Guests!
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.