|Property type||house boat|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
*featured in the Travel Channel's Extreme Houseboats, Waterways World magazine & several boat designer magazines!*
Truly unique, has it all!
Central London designer 2-3 bedroom 2 bathroom boat-home with private use of attached designer garden in the heart of charming little Venice! See photos!
Welcome to London and if you want to truly have a unique experience, welcome to Boathome LiLa!
7 mins walk from Heathrow express platform @ Paddington makes LiLa a perfect pad to explore London from.
Whether it is James Bond-style hidden doorways or galleys worthy of Gordon Ramsay, this 'Boat-Home' embodies the saying: 'imagination is the key to creating the perfect living space…'
Immerse yourself into the enchanting canal world of Little Venice (where Richard Branson’s canal boat also lives!)
1. In the words of our Guests…
Ambience & Adventure:
“We have travelled many times to London, staying in hotels, b&b's and rental flats. In fact, we have rented flats throughout the world. Our week on Lila was by far the most enjoyable and meaningful of any of the places we have stayed.”
“Thank you for letting us into your special world”
“Looking up through the skylight while in bed and seeing the lovely tree and the sky was very peaceful”
“This clearly was a home full of all the right things and you felt it wherever you looked and touched”
“You guys are the best”
“…the most important element of our stay on the houseboat was the strong presence of Darshi, Divya and the family”
“The houseboat is very well equipped with all the amenities you would expect for comfortable daily living”
“It was a real cold spell when in London and the boat was always toasty and dry. The tub with jets was very comforting after a cold day in the city as well”
“Best of all was being on the boat in this true oasis in the middle of the city.”
“The location is superb-quiet/secluded neighborhood yet very close to two tube stations and a short walk to great shopping and eating streets”
“Great location on the Regent's Canal-we rented bikes and rode down to the Thames one day-great adventure”
2. Our Description
We're renting the entire boat,situated in prestigious, unique Little Venice, a tree-lined quiet exclusive private boating community (i.e. our boat is NOT on the towpath)… AND you will have exclusive use of adjacent designer garden... which forms part of the mooring…Enjoy living in the serene green watery space besides the multi-million mansions of the Rothschilds... where Richard Branson's boat is a neighbor
By virtue of 'smart-design', Boat Lila embodies the phrase 'less simply becomes much more'
• 2-3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms (one with Jacuzzi!), 2 Skylights, Open Kitchen with Dining stools, Separate 6 seater Dinette in the bow as well as Fridge, Freezer, Microwave, Oven, Water Purifier, WiFi, Outdoor Hot Tub, Outdoor 2 seater swing in Adjacent Garden for private use!
• There is a Skylight in the living room to lie in the hammock, couch or on centrally-heated floor with side radiator panels, looking up at the sky, stars & ancient 300 year old lime tree :-)
• Spacious master bedroom with king-size bed & Skylight above the bed allowing to look up the tree & stars… very calming & romantic!
• Main bathroom has his & hers basins and a deep-soaking Japanese style bath with inbuilt jacuzzi function including multi-light therapy functioning and rain shower…
• 2nd part of the boat, especially built for independent living with 5 bunks, the bottom 3 of which can convert into a super-kingsize bed while retaining the 2 single bunk beds and ample wardrobe storage.
• The lower berths are not raised up too much, so there is ample headroom to stop the occupants hitting their heads.
• Adjoining the 2nd bedroom is separate self-contained 2nd wet room, with a macerator loo (containing a bidet, like the main toilet)
• There is rain shower + hand shower fitting and water drains away through the hard-wood walnut floor into a stainless steel tray.
• On the rear deck, the walnut deck boards continue the theme
• Throughout the boat, lighting is by dimmable LED units with multiple switches, giving great control
• Other features include combinations of under gunwale and roof lighting, stainless steel galley, Innovative bathroom designs
• Ample storage & open space
• Adjoining the boat is a 60ft long X 20 ft wide garden space for Private use! The grass deck is great for kids/sitting/ exercise/yoga etc… alongside the grass garden are also:
• Outside wood fired Pizza oven
• Outdoor hot tub
• Outdoor Double-Seater Comfort Swing which is delightful amidst sunshine and blue skies or on a starry night!
3. Location, Attractions & Famous Residents
• Our boat-home is by the Grand Union Canal, which dates back to the 1700's & is the oldest form of transport pre-dating rail, roads & air as we know them… Situated alongside a peaceful residential area, our location carries the dual ‘wow’ factor by being close to popular London tourist attractions, while being in a world of its own
Our ‘Lila’ Family We are a loving close knit tri-continental family who see our dreams through to creation and inspire others to create theirs! Rowan is a top international lawyer, playfully-provoking life-coach, who loves adventure, dares to visualise outside not just the box but the entire machine that produces the box ;-) and brings his vision to fruition! Nature, adventure & music lover, Rowan is an inspirational father & student to his goddesses-at-home; 4 year old Tara & loving husband & best friend to wife Darshi. Darshi is a Chartered Accountant, Coach & Consultant, Entrepreneur caring wife & yummy mummy! She has led her life through fearless vision, constantly shifting paradigms and inspiring those around her with how embodied-grace & courage can transform the unexpected. Tara is life-force personified! Our 4 year old dynamite speaks with the maturity of a 44 year old at times, gives stage artists a run for their money, embraces radical change that people of all ages can learn from & and yet warms the hearts of those around her with her unique innocence Stefani is the newest addition to our family, recently migrated to London from Australia, has a strong record of professional experience in the service industry and she will be our face, voice, eyes & ears to You!
Darshita purchased this house boat in 2009
London is a charming city, and to be immersed in the charm makes London even more a beautiful place to visit.
The proximity to key attractions, the shops and convenience stores around, the easy transport links, and of course not to miss magical walks around the canal, Saturday walks to Portobello Market & the annual Notting Hill carnival... are all very good reasons to say that this is indeed the very best place to base from in London.
We would like to start of with the fact that we really liked our curator Jack. He was very helpful with regard to things around the boat, like setting up the hot tub for us and providing us with information. He also was helpful with managing our trip in, but also to London by helping us with transport related things.
The boat itself was a really peaceful and calm place in the busy city that is London. All our needs were cared for on the boat, and the place was clean and well maintained. The location was also pretty handy: the metro is just a three minute walk away and things like supermarkets were also in walking distance.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and we would recommend "Lila" (the boat) to everyone that is considering to stay there.
We had a delightful, peaceful and romantic weekend at Lila boat. Quite silent area though very near from a tube station, which enabled us to reach easily all the major touristic attractions in London. It was particularly beautiful waking up looking the majestic tree through the Zenital aperture the boat has over the main bed. Our host was also very nice and efficient. We highly recommend the experience.
I can't thank the Lila Family enough! The boat is in a really peaceful part of Little Venice but still super close to the center. Really convenient to get around tubes, buses and hire bikes. This was my first experience of staying on a houseboat and I was amazed at how many luxuries they have on it (especially the jacuzzi). Definitely glad I stayed here instead of a hotel! Thanks again I'll be back and will recommend to my friends :)
I stayed for two nights at this wonderfull boat home in the beautiful canal of London. I loved the experience of living on a boat for two days. The boat is located in the fantastic little Venice with nice pubs and restaurants etc. in the neighbourhood. Especially the pub in Warwick Street just around the corner. The boat was clean and well maintained and equipped with everything you need. The provided information was also good.
Darshita, Divya and Stefani were all very helpful and lovely. Darshita was very helpful over my booking and allowed me to stay on until the evening on my last day which was great. The boat is beautifully appointed, and its position in Little Venice lovely. The light on the boat with the huge windows is fabulous and the seating table area at the front a favourite for all of us. I felt 100% tranquil and relaxed there, and my friends all loved it too. Ive been on canal boats before and this is the creme de la creme.
Unfortunately, there were several issues we encountered which made the stay memorable in some of the wrong ways. The boat itself is wonderful, however, unlike the photos, we had no view of the canal as another barge is moored directly next to the boat which made our view someone elses kitchen or a green wall instead of the river. On arrival, one toilet was backed up adding a stench to much of the boat and the jacuzzi jets didn't work properly which was forgivable, but then we lost hot water for 48 hours. It is very difficult to feel good about going out to enjoy the day when you can't even feel clean. On our final day in London, we were offered another flat, but by then, it would mean we couldn't go out for the day. If there hadn't been so many hiccups, it would have been lovely, but it definitely was not the experience we thought we were renting.
My time spent on Boat Lila was incredible. To step into a little secret garden oasis in central London was quite surreal. The boat is moored at a most enjoyable location; and the atmosphere created by the patch of nature (with swinging chair, Jacuzzi, garden growing fresh herbs, and the giant old tree at the center of it all) was a breath of fresh air.
I spent a few nights on the boat- and found it to be very homely and user-friendly. I am proud to have spent some time on an “Extreme Houseboat” that is going to be featured on the travel channel later this year! I would recommend the Lila experience to anybody who is adventure-loving and wants a different experience in London.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
|End of Term Cleaning Fee||£100|
End of Term Cleaning Fee
Deposit £200 (Refundable within 48 hours subject to no damages, breakages, loss or excess cleaning charges)
Full deposit will be forfeited if neighbours are disrupted during your stay (e.g. by inconsiderate, loud, late, anti social actions etc)
Thank you for being our Conscious Guests!
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.