|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Upper Lodge Farm is a fully furnished two bedroom house, elegantly decorated to capture the character and charm of a quaint English farmhouse. The ground floor consists of a large fully fitted functional kitchen with an original working Aga, laundry facilities, separate dining area and lounge, all comfortably furnished. The first floor has two double bedrooms, a bathroom with shower and storage facilities for luggage. The bedrooms are stylishly furnished with towels and bedding provided. Access to the internet and television are inclusive.
Upper Lodge Farm has central heating throughout the house to ensure a cosy atmosphere all year round. The lounge also benefits from an open fire place, which adds both warmth and a romantic charm to a winters night. A large picturesque garden surrounds Upper Lodge, with water features and abundant bird life. Ample off road parking is available. Transport can also be made available subject to prior arrangement with the owners.
A Brief History: Upper Lodge Farm House shares the History of Padworth House (Padworth College) which it served, and goes back to the time of the English Civil War. In fact, one of the `skirmishes` of the Battle of Newbury took place in the road that divides the track leading to Padworth House (approximately 350 metres away).
A short distance away is the Kennet & Avon Canal and the River Kennet. Both these waterways offer beautiful nature walks along their banks. Narrow Boat hiring facilities are available at nearby Aldermaston Wharf.
Adjoining Upper Lodge Farm House is a small farm with stunning views overlooking the valley to the Hamlets of Chapel Row, Beenham, Bradfield and Bucklebury. The farm supports a small heard of mixed rare breed cattle, a small flock of Hampshire Sheep, also miniature pigs and goats.
How to Find Us - By Road: Upper Lodge is set in a beautiful rural countryside location approximately 15 minutes drive from Reading town centre, also close to Thatcham, Newbury and Basingstoke town centres.
Upper Lodge Farm is located on Rectory Road mid way between the crossroads at Padworth and the T-junction with Reading Rd.
1. Upper lodge is easily accessed from Junction 12 M4.
2. Travel west along the A4 Bath road towards Newbury, for approximately 4 miles eventually turning left into Padworth Lane.
3. Continue for approximately 1.5 miles along a country lane, crossing one railway bridge and two small bridges over the canal and river and then straight over the crossroads into Rectory Road.
4. Rectory Road bends sharply to the right, Upper Lodge Farm is situated on the right at the next left hand bend.
"I just wanted to tell you how absolutely marvelous your lodge was for us - it was everything and more I was expecting - you had a lot of little touches that made it feel ever the more special for us. The countryside was beautiful! We would easily stay at the lodge again if and when we return to this area. Thanks again" - Cindy O
Padworth is a hamlet set in the Royal County of Berkshire not far from the Hampshire border in an area of natural beauty. Padworth nestles around a little Norman church and the old manor house, once the home of the military Darby-Griffith family. The area was once occupied by Romans with connections to nearby Calleva Atrebatum (modern day Silchester).
Places of interest:
* Windsor Castle - an official residence of The Queen and the largest occupied castle in the world
* Frogmore House - A Royal Family Home
* Blenheim Palace is home to the 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill
* Highclere Castle - home to the Earl & Countess of Carnarvon
* Mapledurham House and Watermill
* The manor house of Dorney village, first recorded in the Doomsday Book
* Founded by King Henry VI, Eton College dates back to 1440
* Padworth Common Nature Reserve
* Roman Ruins at Calleva Atrebatum (modern day Silchester)
* Elizabethan Ufton Court, Ufton Nervet
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar - 28 Mar
Fri, Sat, Sun
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
* Upper Lodge Farm has facilities to comfortably sleep four adults – a baby’s cot can be made available upon request.
* Tea and coffee will be available on arrival. Please note Upper Lodge Farm is self catering, within a short drive there are several local pubs and villages which provide shops, restaurants an
25% deposit at time of booking, full payment within 6 weeks of arrival.
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.