Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday condo in San Clemente - Casa Mariposa
OCEAN VIEW; sleeps 4; 1 Bed-1 Bath.
*OCEAN VIEW w/ BEACH GEAR
*CONTEMPORARY, UPSCALE & NEWLY REMODELED
*BREAKFAST AT OUR RESTAURANT, THE GRILL
*BETTER SUITED TO OLDER CHILDREN
*ENCLOSED PARKING GARAGE
*COMPLIMENTARY ON-SITE LAUNDRY
***NOTE: If your dates are not available, check out our newest unit in this same building, same view from the deck at: vrbo.com/514254
This luxurious, sophisticated and modern getaway is a cut above, and was completely remodeled in the summer of 2013. The interior and exterior is contemporary, bright and sunny; beach elegance at its finest. It offers direct views of the ocean and is 75-yards to the sand. No more packing the car and searching for a parking space. We provide an enclosed, mid-sized car parking space, and beach gear! It is also an easy 10-minute walk to the Pier Bowl, to T- Street Beach, or to San Clemente’s charming downtown for shopping and restaurants.
Casa Mariposa is uniquely positioned at the opening of our 2.3 mile beach trail, allowing fantastic views of the ocean and of dolphins swimming by, and easy beach access. Enjoy your direct beach view from your large deck, or from your family room, your bedroom, or even from your kitchen sink! It is located in a tranquil neighborhood, perfect for sleep-ins and peaceful evenings. The free flowing, indoor-outdoor feel allows you to enjoy your coffee or BBQ outside, or lounge inside with one of your two new, Smart TV Flat-Screens and Wireless Internet. Sleep tight on your King-Sized Bed which has a Westin Hotel Heavenly Pillow-top mattress, and room for two more to slumber comfortably on your two Euro Loungers in the family room. The kitchen is well-appointed, with granite and all-stainless. The bath features a separate toilet, two vessel sinks perfect for multiple guests, and a deep Euro-style soaker bathtub/shower. Also included are ceiling fans, a fireplace, plenty of storage, an outdoor shower, and an on-site washer & dryer with complimentary use. Free street parking is plentiful.
You can surf or lounge at Mariposa Beach out in front, or wander to any number of the beaches lining San Clemente. Walk south 5 minutes on the beach to T-Street Beach, or world-class surfing at Trestles and San-O is just a 10-minute drive south. At low tide, check out our tide pools in front, which are full of starfish, sea anemones, sea urchins and muscles. Or, spend hours hunting for sea glass. And of course, our beach trail can be explored on bike or on foot. We provide for you:
Foam Stand Up Paddle Boards
Umbrella and Ice Chest
Two Bikes Upon Reservation
SHOPPING AND RESTAURANTS
Our quaint downtown area is only a few walking blocks away, offering stylish boutiques, surf shops, antique shops, and local or international cuisine. There is also a Farmer’s Market every Sunday, offering souvenirs, art, and locally grown organic fruits, vegetables and herbs. Take a short stroll to our pier, where you can take in the sun and ocean breezes, fish, or relax and dine at The Fisherman’s restaurant.
DAILY ADVENTURES NEARBY
• Theme parks, etc: Disneyland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Knott’s Berry Farm and Legoland are one-hour’s drive or less.
• San Clemente’s new Aquatic Center features an Olympic-sized pool, and an “Aquatic Playground” for the little ones.
• Dana Point Harbor is a ten-minute drive north, with numerous options for shopping, dining, or deep-sea fishing. You can also rent kayaks, jet skis and sail boats, or take the short boat ride to our local Catalina Island.
• Laguna Beach is our neighboring seaside community, renowned for its gorgeous beaches, galleries, art festivals, and Pageant of the Masters (July).
• Big Bear Ski Resort is two-hours away, close enough for a day trip or over nighter.
• Catch the “Surfliner Amtrak” Train from our pier for a one-hour seaside excursion down the coast to San Diego, or to the Del Mar Race Track (July 17-Sept 4), or to Angel’s Stadium for baseball games.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
Doug and I are San Clemente natives, who've spent our entire lives surfing San Clemente. In 1999, we purchased this 4-unit condo, that offers spacious decks with ocean views, is a 1 minute stroll to the beach and to our beach trail. Of the four units, we live in one unit, two are vacation rentals and the fourth is home to our long term renter.
Ocean view and beach close, in a family-friendly neighborhood