Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday apartment in Marseillan - Résidence ‘Le Galawa’
Delightful one bedroom garden apartment, a couple's perfect getaway.
This stylish ground floor apartment, set within a gated access courtyard of leafy fig trees, features an open plan fully fitted kitchen-lounge-diner, exposed original stonework and its own private patio and 'petit jardin', a most idyllic space for traditional Mediterranean alfresco dining, bordered by high ancient walls and relic arches, Home in this quiet enclave, you would never know you were on Marseillan's sun drenched marina with its excellent choice of waterfront restaurants and cafés, not to mention the glorious views across the Étang de Thau, home to both oyster farmers and lovers of sailing and windsurfing, with Sète and the Mediterranean in the distance. Steeped in history, Marseillan is quite possibly the oldest village in France. The area was originally settled by the Greeks more than 2500 years ago and was a very active Roman commercial centre.
Local airport locations: - Béziers Cap d'Agde / the nearest airport to Marseillan Ville
- Montpelier / 45 minutes' drive to Marseillan, but only open during the Summer season (2010 schedules yet to be announced)
- Carcassonne / 90 minute's drive to Marseillan (70 miles approx).
- Perpignan / 90 minutes' drive to Marseillan (70 miles approx)
- Nimes / 75 minutes' drive (55 miles approx)
- Avignon / 110 minutes' drive (85 miles approx)
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed