Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday apartment in Marsaskala - Mediterranean Court
Apartment in St Thomas Bay
2 bedroom apartment (sleeps 6) 500 metres from the beach in St Thomas Bay, Marsaskala, where you can enjoy walking along the promenade, visit heritage sites, swim or dine in open-air restaurants. Fifteen minutes away from the apartment, there is the bus terminus (village centre of Marsaskala). 3km away you can visit the Three Cities - three small citadel-cities in the port dating back to the 15th century full of old palazzi, museums & a romantic waterfront. Charming these citadels are old churches, castles, narrow streets, heritage museums, a casino, good restaurants & traditional wine bars. From Marsaskala buses go to Valletta where you can visit all its treasures such as St John's Cathedral, Upper Barrakka Gardens, Castille Place, Manoel Theatre, President's Palace, Republic Street, St James' Cavallier, St George Square, Hastings, Sacra Infermeria etc.
The closest beach is a sandy beach 500 metres away. Near this small beach one finds many rocky bays. Being close to the sea is nice both in summer and in winter, because in summer you can swim and sunbathe, and in winter you can walk and explore the cliffs close by, or have a barbeque by the sea on a blanket, or read a book.
Since Marsaskala is a small seaside village there are many places you can swim. Besides beaches, in Malta you could visit megalithic temples, forts built by the Knights, Popeye village, the Blue lagoon, etc. Renting a car depends on your goals. Would you like to drive around and see more? Or would you prefer to take it easy, walk in the countryside, travel by bus and enjoy quality time?
Suggested excursions: (1) Scenic walk through the country side to Marsaxlokk fishing village on a Sunday morning (there is the market). It will take 1 hour (maps at the apartment)
(2) 15 minute bus ride to the Three Cities: heritage, museums, fortifications, everything dating back from the time of the Knights. You will find the bus timetable at the apartment).
(3) Valletta (capital city) built by the Knights. Bus leaves every 20 minutes.
(4) Bay discovering. From Marsaskala you can walk up to the southern tip of Malta and discover small inlets where you can also swim in these small rocky bays.
(5) Walk to St Thomas Castle and Torri Mamo. In summer you can also watch friendly waterpolo mathes at the Marsaskala Waterpolo club.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed at this apartment for a couple of days and we liked it. It was clean and comfortable. The wifi is fast, beds were comfortable and most of all the countryside, sea and Marsaskala city centre are very close. There is a small supermarket close by and the bus stop is also less then three minutes away.