My wife and I stayed two weeks at the Milk & Honey Villa very close to Jolly Harbour and we had a great time. This was time spent for us to relax and catch up on reading, while taking a dip in the pool when it got too hot!
- walking distance to Jolly Harbour and all its facilities including a well stocked supermarket (only four minutes by foot, we timed it!), though this feels a world apart from where the villa is! As an aside, we went to Jolly Harbour and rented a mini-boat tour for two with a guide to the local reef to do some snorkeling (highly recommended)
- the house has all the amenities one would need! Rooms, towels, appliances, TV (we wanted to watch Euro 2012), etc.
- the house itself is in excellent condition
- fast reliable wifi. Yes, we are on vacation, but we enjoy catching up on our email, reading our local e-newspaper, etc.
- we did not use them much, but the property managers are very close by and happy to help you with whatever your needs may be. They are easily accessible by email to help with reservations, tours, bookings and can answer any question you may have about the other areas on the island.
minor quibbles (I repeat, minor. We had a great relaxing time here)
- a few places around the deck were a bit off, but since we notified the property folks as we left, it has surely been fixed by now.
- less private than what we are used to. There are villas on either side, and quite close to the property, but lucky for us one was empty basically the entire two weeks whereas the other was only occupied for one week. That being said, much more quiet than the offerings in Jolly Harbour itself!
- not a big deal for us, but the power did go out a few times, but never more than a few hours and always came back on without us having to discuss with the property managers.
- the pool is quite shallow, no diving at all.
- not sure if it is doable, (though we've seen it in other rentals we've stayed at), but access to a phone would be welcome. Where we are from, the roaming charges probably would have cost more than the villa rental, so we didn't bring our own phones. Just a suggestion
Overall, this is a nice house in a nice area within walking distance to a number of facilities (restaurant, bar, supermarket, taxis, etc.).
We would recommend this to anyone really. We were only two, but given the number of bedrooms (not to mention the 3 bathrooms), it can accommodate many more!
Owner's Response: Thanks for your feedback Simon, really pleased you enjoyed your stay at Milk & Honey. Will definately look into your phone suggestion.
And yes, the work on the deck has been completed.
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?