Regarding the 2 flats we have rented from 6th till 9th of Juli in the Koestraat 19, we appreciated:
- the design
- the cleanness
- the location
- the space available in each room
- the backyard
- the flexibility of the staff for the checkin and checkout (quite easy: give a call and make appointment :))
To be improved:
- the kitchen in the flat on the upper floor is very small for an apartment in which 6 persons might overnight... on the other hand the kitchen in the flat on the ground floor is way too big for a 2-persons flat!!!
- too little dishes and glasses... we had to bring some dishes/glasses from one flat to the other
- overall and like in almost all rental flats, many little things broken
- the Internet connection did not work, neither in the ground floor nor in the upper floor. Fortunately a free WiFi was available from the location, so we were not blocked, that is the reason why we did not contact the staff.
- one of ours forgot a Jeans in one of the flats, he took contact with you as soon as the evening of our departure day, but nobody could manage to find the jeans or send it back... This kind of service would have been much appreciable!
Ok, lots of critics but don't misunderstand: we were very happy with the accommodation, we would certainly recommend it to friends and come back ourselves!
Owner's Response: I totally agree about the lack of plates etc. They have slowly but surely dwindled away through the summer. I have no idea what the guests do with them but I shall buy a new batch forthwith.
The small kitchen you refer to is in a 2 bedroom apartment and we Do not invite 6 people to stay there at one time. 4 is the maximum, except in special family circumstances. I feel it is totally adequate for a short term rent apartment.the vast majority of guest s do not use the kitchen at all as there is an incredible array of restaurants in the area.
The kitchen has a 5 hob burner ., with a good size oven below it, a fridge, a sink, and some work top space. You can easily cook any meal you like for 4 with these facilities and even for 6 in my opinion.
The kitchen you refer to in the studio is indeed to big for 2 people. This kitchen used to be the only one in the whole house before it was converted into apartments. It used to be twice the size It is now but we scaled it down as much as we could and as the remaining parts all ran down one wall
We felt it was not too intrusive as the studio is very roomy indeed. You might argue the whole room is too big for a studio, but maybe that would be silly.
As it stands the kitchen and indeed the house can easily return to it's former glory should I simply decide to remove one dry wall and have the house back to it's old self. In the meantime the lucky occupants of the studio are treated to fully equipped kitchen with top of the range seamen appliances. I could never have imagined somebody would find a negative side to this. The coffee machine was very expensive, more than 2000 euro from memory. one of the reasons being it is 'self cleaning' the users manual is there, I wish you had asked and I would have directed you to it. The beans are ground automatically before each cup is produced and I think you would struggle to find a better cup of coffee in any rented accommodation in the world.
I am extremely sorry the wifi did not work for you. It had always worked and continues to do so. I presume you reported it to the property manager and he has since fixed the problem. He is extremely efficient when it comes to these matters.
We don't know what happened to your jeans. We did not find them. We did on one occasion find someone's I-phone and we fed ex'd it to his home in Scotland at my expense. I have no need to keep peoples belongings.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay..... as you mentioned it is a great location
Helpful votes: 40/42
Did you find this review helpful?