Zwesimmen is one of the ten villages of world famous Gstaad Sannenland and the starting point of Montreux– Bernese Oberland – rail line, which travels to Montreux on Lake Geneva. It is within a two hour car drive/train ride from four major airports (Geneva, Zurich, Basel and Bern).
- Top Events include Zweisimmen snow games – waterside contest through the icy-cold Rinderberg water, ski-cross races, mountain bike downhill and a freestyle show: a parcours for the venturesome (January).
- Via Rinderberg access to 120 km of pistes, Via train links access to a further 280 km of pistes
- Via Sparenmoos-Zweisimmen 7 km toboggan run and 38 km cross country skiing
- Numerous winter walking trails
- Seebergsee circular walking route or mountain bike tour
- Obersimmental ‘home trail’
- Roll down the mountain on a special scooter
- Paragliding, flight classes, ballooning in Chateaux Deux
- Golf at Sannenmoser
- Sailing, water sports in Thun
Other Activities: Cycling, Hot air Ballooning
Golf: The Golf Club at Saanenmoser is just a fifteen minute drive from the village.
The Golf Club Gstaad-Saanenland was founded in 1962. Today, the club can offer its guests a technically unique course in a charming mountainous landscape at the foot of the Hornberg in the Saanenmöser region. The golf course is situated at an altitude of 1 400 m and is only a 15 minutes' drive away from Zweisimmen. It is a beautiful, natural golf course, surrounded by meadows and a very old stock of trees.
The golf course is rated among the most beautiful courses in the Alpine region. Nestling among an unspoilt landscape, in natural forest clearings at the edge of a fen with its typical vegetation. Surrounded by the magnificent mountain world of the Saanenland and the Obersimmental valley, it presents itself to guests and club members - both a scenic and a golfing delight.
Ski: Zweisimmen is part of Gstaad Mountain Rides. When you buy a lift ticket in Zweisimmen, you can use any of 62 lifts opening up about 250 km. of prepared trails in St. Stephan, Zweisimmen, Saanenmöser, Schönried, Gstaad, Saanen, Rougemont, Chateau d’Oex, Les Moulins, Lauenen, Gsteig and Reusch.
Terrain: 120km of local groomed runs, 250 km (155 mi) in region, which has six ski areas.
Lifts: 62 in region
Lift Capacity: 50,000 p/h
Ski Season: December to Mid-April
Summer Skiing: On glacier Les Diablerets
Cross Country: 100km (62 mi) classic; 160 km (99 mi) of winter walking trails
Ski School: 1 schools with a total of 200 instructors
Other Winter Activities: Curling; fitness centre; helicopter skiing; ice skating/natural; indoor swimming; indoor tennis; mountaineering; paragliding; snow-boarding; sleigh riding; skeet; ballooning; riding school; tobogganing
Après-Ski: Bars, discos, concerts, bridge, cinema, fine dining
Shopping/Services: Boutiques and elegant shops, but grocery