Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday bungalow in Westbrook - The Bungalow
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 6
Chill out or explore! Cosy, english-style detached bungalow in a quiet, residential area.
Ideal for couples or families who would like to explore south east England, Take day trips to Canterbury, Dover and London. Within walking distance to the beach and station.
Reduced rates for couples!!!
Traditional living room with fireplace.
Open plan conservatory-kitchen diner.
NEW high spec, built in kitchen with solid oak work tops and integrated Bosch kitchen appliances.(completion from 1st March 2013)
NEW Bathroom (wet room) with rain forest walk in shower and bath, plus additional Blue LED lighting for relaxing in the bath.
The master bedroom can be enjoyed in smart retro design and has two single beds.
Romantic second bedroom with brass frame double bed and embroidered pillows.
Fully tiled separate toilet
Secluded private back garden with BBQ and garden furntiure.
Excursions and day trips: - Kent is said to be the Fruit Garden of England. Drive through the picturesque villages and countryside and enjoy the thatched cottages, oast houses and sheep farms.
- Visit medieval castles in Dover, Deal, Rochester, Hever or Leeds castle.
- Local markets and boot fairs. Folkstone market on Sundays is a must. Fresh sea food stall and french stallholders offer local produce such as cheese, meats and wine.
- Ideal for day trips to London, catch the train directly into central London or go by car 90 min drive or leave the car on the outskirts of London and then just hop into the London Underground to visit your places of interest.
- Visit Canterbury with its city walls and cathedral. Go shopping in the large town centre and take a break in one of the old english tea rooms.
- Visit the Northforeland Lighthouse or Joss Bay, one of many beautiful bays along Thanets coasts. Stroll under the white cliffs or search for shells, shrimps and small crabs in the rock pools
Activities in the local area: Kilometers of sandy beaches to stroll along. With kids rides and attractions on main sands.
Margate sea front with promanade and Clock Tower, amusements with slot machines and one armed bandits.
Margate High Street and Westwood Cross offer shopping opportunities.
Many local pubs, bars and restaurants to choose from for a good night out.
Also check the following sites for their current program of events:
Canterbury Marlow Theater
Winter Gardens, Cliftonville
Theater Royal, Margate
Granville Theater, Ramsgate
Turner Contempary Exhibition Center
Visit Birchington with its lovely peaceful beach, traditional english pubs and pay the Powell Cotton museum a visit.
Highly recommendable is a visit to Broadstairs, charmed by Charles Dickens who lived had lived there. Beautiful beach and old High Street, Dickens Museum. Fireworks on the main beach in the summer
How to get to the Bungalow: - 40 min by car from Dover Car Ferries
- max. 2 km from Margate or Westgate-on-Sea railway station
- 15 mins. from Kent International Airport, 1 hour 45 from Gatwick / Heathrow Airport
- 50 meters from bus stop for regional and local destinations
- available car hire in the area
- good rail and road links to London, Canterbury, Ramsgate or Dover
- London 90 mins. by car, Canterbury 30 mins.
Nearest Travel Links
Airport: Gatwick or Heathow: 115 km . Manston Airport: 10 km
Railway: Margate: 2 km
Ferry: Ramsgate: 10 km ; Dover 35 km
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible