Photos and Description of this 4 bedroom holiday home in Palmer
Split-level House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
A perfect view of the entire Mat-Su Valley is seen from the deck and great room of this newly built European style home. Enjoy relaxing evenings after a day of exploring Alaska. The home has 3 bedrooms and 1 and 1/2 baths upstairs, as well as a detached bedroom and bathroom downstairs. There is space for pets, large or small.
The location is close to all of the exciting places to see in the great state of Alaska, while you can escape to the serenity of a quaint home with spectacular views of mountain peaks, the river, and the inlet. Enjoy a short hike from the house to the Matanuska River as you watch for the resident moose in the surrounding wilderness, the salmon migration up the river, or the eagle's nest in the front yard.
You can use the home to pick your pace of your Alaska vacation without having to compete with the crowds. The home sets above 40 acres of hay fields, and is backed by acres of wooded land. There is only one neighbor near the house, who will help you get the keys to start your vacation in Alaska. The house and land have been used for the backdrop to an idyllic Alaskan wedding, and has the atmosphere perfect for any family, couple, or group get-away.
Being in the home feels like being in Alaska wilderness, so the proximity to Palmer and Alaska attractions makes it the perfect location.
* Immediate running and hiking trails from the house
* 5 minutes to the Musk Ox farm, Reindeer Ranch, Palmer golf course, and horseback riding
* 6 minutes to downtown Palmer and major grocery stores
* 7 minutes to the U Pick Em farm
* 10 minutes to the Alaska State Fair, but you can watch the fireworks from the deck.
* 20 minutes to Hatcher Pass
* 30 minutes to Iditarod race in Wasilla
* 45 minutes to Anchorage
* 1 1/2 to 2 hours to many places to tour in Alaska, such as Aleyeska, Talkeetna, glaciers, and Seward area attractions.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Keri Shannon
Jim and Keri love the Alaskan lifestyle with the small town feel. They are college sweethearts originally from Texas.
Keri Shannon purchased this house in 2006
Why Keri Shannon chose Palmer
This property, as the Realtor once said, was the property with the million dollar views! Once you visit, you will see what they meant!
What makes this house unique
The property feels like you are in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness, but in realty, is in a perfectly accessible location to all the amenities of being in town.