You will discover why Pacific Grove calls itself “the last hometown,” in this pristine single-story ranch-style home whose traditional look has been updated for contemporary tastes. Imagine upscale Pottery Barn élan meets sun-drenched beach palette. This recently renovated three-bedroom two and one half bath cottage, which sleeps eight, is located in a quiet upscale neighborhood and makes a perfect getaway for family and friends to reconnect.
The location can't be beat. It is one street away from the Monterey Peninsula Recreational Trail, which follows the shoreline from beautiful Asilomar Beach around the point to Cannery Row and the famed Monterey Bay Aquarium.In addition to Esplanade Park, there is a tiny public succulent garden nearby. The friendly shops, restaurants and boutiques of downtown Pacific Grove are just a mile away. A picturesque lighthouse is a mere half-mile away, and a fine municipal golf course with ocean views that is the locals' best kept secret is a few blocks up the street. Carmel and Monterey are 10 minute drives.
This cheerful yellow house trimmed in white and teal has a classic feel with a curving stone path that leads to the front door and the tiled entry that opens to the comfortable living room. The interior has hardwood floors and vaulted ceilings throughout. Family and friends can gather for visiting, playing games, puzzles or watching their favorite programs or movies on the 42' HDTV in the comfortable living room with its red-brick fireplace, cushy sofas and sturdy dark wood tables. You can see the ocean from the dining room that features a dark wood rectangular table that seats six and old-fashioned wrought-iron chandelier. Cooking will be a pleasure in the bright, fully-equipped kitchen with its well-conceived layout and pristine white cabinetry and appliances -- including new gas range, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. Read a magazine or book and sip your morning coffee at a round oak table in a cozy breakfast nook.
Luxury linens will make you feel like royalty, especially in the master bedroom that has a Queen Bed with excellent mattress and a love seat/chaise that can become a single bed with Memory Foam topper. The sparkling new master bathroom is tiled throughout and features dark wood cabinetry and a tub/shower. A second bedroom can sleep two in a king with Memory Foam topper that converts to two twins. The third bedroom is set up with 3 twin beds that can be converted to a King bed with a twin bed. A handsome second full bathroom has Corian counters and a tub/shower lined with gleaming sea-foam and white tiles. To make your stay more comfortable, we provide plush spa bathrobes, slippers, and over-sized towels and beach gear.
Watch the ever-changing light over Monterey Bay at sunset while you enjoy cocktails at a bistro table on a wooden deck that overlooks the back yard. A gas grill is provided. The completely enclosed back and side yard is perfect for privacy. For gourmet cooks, we also have an herb garden with 4 different of kind of herbs in our back yard. A washer and dryer are located in the one-car garage just off the kitchen. There is additional parking in the driveway and on the street. Because the house is completely level and there are no steps, it is excellent for anyone with disabilities.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent: $175 up to 5 guests; $195 for 6 to 8 guests, including infants and children.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* No more than 7 adults are allowed per the city of Pacific Grove ordinance. The maximum allowed is 8 guests including infants and children.
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if reservation is made less than 45 days prior to arrival date.
* If reservation is made more than 45 days in advance of arrival date, 1/3 of full payment is due to secure the reservation with balance of full payment due 45 days prior to arrival date.
* Cancellation Policy: For a cancellation made less than 45 days before the arrival date, a full refund will be made only if the property is re-rented for the same period/amount. For a cancellation 45 days or more before the arrival date, a full refund will be made less a $150 administration fee and any bank and credit card charges. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement].
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval.
* For last minute booking please check on availibility and rate.