Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday villa in Runaway Bay
2 bedroom ocean front villa with breathtaking views of the Caribbean sea.
Two bedroom Ocean front villa, large patio set in a tropical garden and conveniently located between the resort towns of Ocho Rios and Runaway Bay on Jamaica's North Coast, and tucked away at Chukka Cove, Villa 1 provides unique access to a truly Jamaican experience. Far from pretentious, it is a warm and inviting 'real' home set on a farm and hidden amidst pastures and lush foliage on the edge of dramatic ocean front cliffs in a rural setting.
Nothing like the mega all inclusives, it sits in a lovely groomed area shared with only five other villas. Here in the country, you may wake up to the sound of roosters, can can listen to the crickets and frogs songs at night. Of course, like all farms, the villa has its own resident cat fondly called 'Puss' and the friendly neighbour dogs occasionally come for a visit.
So immerse yourself in the real Jamaica and soak your cares away in the turquoise waters of the cove or in the private pool used only by Chukka Cove villa residents. A safe place to vacation without being locked in a compound!
Your private paradise has a master and second bedroom both with full ensuite bathrooms. The master suite includes a seperate living area with futon, desk and sliding doors out to a small covered balcony with an incredible ocean view, the perfect place for your morning coffee. We recommend 4 adults and 1 child.
Downstairs, the dining room boasts large folding doors that open onto an expansive furnished patio shaded by a Passion fruit vine. A powder room, kitchen and laundry room complete the lower level.
The cliffs at Chukka Cove are dramatic and extensive, great for exploring or simply listening to the sound of the waves crashing ashore. On calm days, a ladder takes you into the cool clear waters.
On property is a small sandy cove, safe and perfect for young children to swim and play. On days when the sea swells are up and you seek calmer waters, a two minute walk along the edge of the polo field takes you to the spectacular Chukka Cove, a sheltered bay where the waters are always calm and cliff jumping, swimming and snorkeling are the order of the day.
• Friendly and attentive staff, led by Carlene, keep the villa spotless and prepare authentic Jamaican dishes. They can either accompany you to the grocery, selecting the best items at local markets or prepare the food you purchase.
• Netflix - where we are located, there is no cable TV.
• Airport transfers can be arranged with professional and friendly experienced drivers, as well as trips into town for shopping, or you can rent a car online or at the airport. On site at the farm are gift shops, snack bar and bar.
• A 25% discount on all Chukka Tours. The largest tour operator in Jamaica, award winning Chukka offers multiple locations and tours for your enjoyment. Villa 1 is located at the original tour location Chukka Polo farm you will see over 100 horses head to the stables each morning for the famous horseback ride n swim tour. Tours depart just a short walk from the Villa.
Check out Chukka.com to see all the tours and choose your adventure.
Trish is our reservation's manager while Janet is our onsite Villa 1 manager.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
Originally from Ocho Rios, we are a family of three brothers who live, work & play in Jamaica. Marc, Daniel Jr & I love our beautiful Island, 'The land of wood and water'. Dad built the villa in 1985 as a family weekend getaway to relax, unwind and play our favorite sport, polo. We work hard and we play hard!
We invite you to share our home away from home and enjoy the true Jamaican experience.
The amazing scenery, breathtaking views of the cliffs and the Caribbean sea, as well as access to all activities at Chukka where it's always Play Time. It's safe, quiet and serene.
The stunning view of the sea from the upstairs balcony offers an ambiance of tranquility and peace. The large landscaped grounds, and hidden coves provide the perfect getaway. The villa is fully staffed, sit back and enjoy the simple pleasures!