Photos and Description of this 5 bedroom holiday home in Clinton - Whidbey Beach Retreat
5+ Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, sleeps up to 12
***ABC LiveWell Network Sweet Retreats Travel Show Runner Up!***
- A luxurious beachfront Cape Cod; 3500 sqft of immaculate detail for comfortable and stylish beach living
- Low bank sandy beach with bulkhead and nice concrete steps down to the beach.
- West side of South Whidbey Island. Property faces south for all day sun, including spectacular sunrises and sunsets
- TWO master ensuite bedrooms with baths on the main level along with gourmet kitchen, dining, living room, utility room
- THREE additional bedrooms upstairs, plus a play room/ media room with a pull out couch
- 75 ‘ southwest facing sandy beach, views of the Olympics and shipping lanes
- Very kid and elderly friendly. Level entrance and wheelchair accessible on first level, all 36' doors.
Stylish but comfortable furnishings: - Totally upscale but tasteful, excellent floor plan, interesting architecture like box beams in the living room, granite/travertine tile finishes in all 4 bathrooms and counters.
- Brand new- completed in 2012.
- All bedrooms have water view.
- Living room furniture: Mitchell Gold slipcovered sofa, chair and ottoman. Tufenkian Tibetan wool carpet in taupe and grey, 9x12, Broyhill 96' pin-tucked vintage 1960 sofa, Ethan Allen corner rack with Carver receiver, DVD player, large DVD library. Ethan Allen large coffee table with wicker detail and glass top. Bose speakers inside, second set of speakers are KLH on outdoor covered deck ceiling.
- Large laundry room with outdoor entrance, sink and storage.
- Outdoor shower.
- Custom kitchen and bath cabinets with gentle close drawers.
- Dual ovens.
- Stainless steel appliances.
- Custom blinds for entire house.
- Gas rock fireplace.
- Hot springs Hot Tub
- Stainless steel barbeque (top rated, and plumbed to household propane tank)
Amazing sandy beach location, all day sun: This is a fantastic beach for walking, clamming, etc. When the tide is out, it is out several hundred yards. The beach is almost entirely sandy (not at all muddy or silty), with a few places of smaller rocks for some interesting tidal pools - you can go barefoot. In the summer the tidal pools are like bathwater. You can see the sunrise and sunset all year long. The ferries from Edmonds/Kingston are visible, as well as all the shipping traffic from Seattle (cargo, cruise ships, Clipper to Victoria, etc). Seals, sea otters, and eagles are seen on a daily basis. Seals sit on the rocks a few hundred yards out.
Top quality mattresses and linens, immaculate: ALL mattresses are brand new top of the line Beautyrest mattresses purchased in March 2011. Linens are 300 thread count or above. One California King, one Standard Kng, 3 Queens, 1 Full, and two Twins, and one Queen sleeper with plush memory foam mattress in media room, which transforms into a sixth bedroom with full privacy if needed. A maximum of 12 people are allowed- no extra people or day visitors greater than 12.
FUN! New game room has 8' slate Connelly pool table, professional foosball, and airhockey, along with a beverage fridge, and barstools. Or use the XBOX Kinect in the upstairs media room, with 46' TV and surround sound.
- Low Allergen Environment
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
My husband and I have lived in many places, including beautiful New Zealand, California, and the US East Coast, but the Northwest is our favorite. We are both Puget Sound area natives and are raising our 3 kids in the Seattle area.
Nancy purchased this house in 2011
Why Nancy chose Clinton
This is a special property, a beautiful new beach house which we've outfitted with a little of the old (some family antiques) and a little of the new. A sandy beach, sunsets, lots of activities on a forested jewel of an island, water lapping peacefully while you sleep... what's not to love!
What makes this house unique
Sandy beach to play on
Hot tub to soak in and watch the stars
Pool and foosball table for competitive and/or family/group games
Gourmet kitchen to cook amazing beachside meals
Comfy living room with lots of couches and comfy chairs
Fully wired with everything: great cell coverage, wifi, Xbox, two flat screen wall mounted TVs with cable and DVD players.
Plenty of very comfortable beds to sleep up to 12 in luxury.