|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Spacious house above the lake. It is on the 1st floor, and it has got 5 bed places. The house is in the town center, A stone's throw from tens of bars, restaurants and winery.
Casa Mara is at the first floor of a typical and historical house in the Varenna old town center. It is only 5 meters (16 feet) far from the lake!
Casa Mara has got two bedrooms (two double bed and a single bed), a spacious living room, a modern bathroom (with shower, bidet and washing machine), a characteristic entrance hall, a useful italian kitchen and a poetic lake view.
Casa Mara is far only 60 meters (190 feet) from San Giorgio Square (Varenna main square), 10 meters from the shore and only 50 meters (160 feet) from the closest beach!
Casa Mara has got a living space of 80 square meters.
Casa Mara can comfortably receive 5 people: we offer spacious and very clean bedroom, two double bed and a single bed.
An elegant dining room, with satellite TV, sofa and armchair. An useful kitchen with the lake view by the window.
And 'dulcis in fundo' a romantic view from the terrace, that will relax you during your stay in this wonderful city.
We are a family that has rented this wonderful house since 2010
Fabio purchased this house in 2010
This house is unique! You will find no other balconies in Varenna like the ours. You will relax looking at the sunset from an armchair on our balcony; you will see swans that swim below you or the waves breaking on the rocks.
[Review from Flipkey]
We stayed for two weeks-the last week of May and 1st week of June this year. It was our 1st visit to the Lake Como area and it more than met our expectations. The views are spectacular in every direction. When we arrived in Milan instead of taking the train we hired a taxi...it was about an hour's drive. The family that rents Casa Mara was so accommodating we felt right at home. They were very helpful in getting us settled and providing information about the area. They even called us halfway through our vacation to see if all was ok.
No need to rent a car ...groceries and fresh produce are available in Varenna. Plenty of restaurants in the area ...no need to go anywhere else, though you can take a ferry to other towns around the lake. We did several times.
People are very friendly and most spoke English so communication was not difficult. Thanks to the property owner we had a great vacation and would do it again.
Varenna is a municipality on Lake Como in the Province of Lecco in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 60 km north of Milan and about 20 km northwest of Lecco.
The municipality of Varenna contains the subdivision Fiumelatte, home to Italy’s shortest river.
Varenna is also known as “The pearl of the Como Lake“, because of its amazing lake-view, its beautiful landscapes, and the coexistence of both lake and mountain.
HOW TO REACH VARENNA:
- From airports BY TRAIN:
- From Malpensa International Airport take a shuttle bus (this is one of the many bus companies: Malpensa Shuttle) to “Milano Centrale” (Central Milan railway station). Then follow the advices below (From Milan Central Railway Station).
- From Linate Airport take a shuttle bus (this is one of the many bus companies: Starfly Shuttle) to “Milano Centrale” (Central Milan railway station). Then follow the advices below (From Milan Central Railway Station).
- From Orio al Serio Airport take a shuttle bus (this is one of the many bus companies: Orio Shuttle) to “Milano Centrale” (Central Milan railway station). Then follow the advices below (From Milan Central Railway Station).
- From airports BY ROAD (we recommend using Google Maps or a satellite navigator):
- From Malpensa International Airport take the A336 to the A8, take the Milan direction then take A4 (direction Venice). Take the SP5 exit and head toward Lecco on the SS36. Turn off this autostrada to Varenna and Mandello. Distance is approximately 107Km.
- From Linate Airport, take the A1 toward Monza, then the A4, West, then join the SS26 and follow the same directions as above, but distance is approx. 80km.
- From Orio al Serio Airport, take the SS342, North West toward Lecco, then join the SS36 and turn off this autostrada to Varenna and Mandello. Distance is approximately 55Km.
- From “MILAN CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION“:
Take the train to Tirano. Get off at ”Varenna - Esino” railway station. No stopover, the train is direct (stops are: Monza, Lecco, Varenna-Esino).
The trip takes 1:03 hours.
You can book tickets on Trenitalia website.
|Rental Period||Minimum Rate||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate|
28 Sep 2014 - 14 Mar 2015
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
15 Mar 2015 - 10 Oct 2015
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
This prices are for 2 people
The payment of the outstanding balance will be made at the check-in
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (EUR), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.