Photos and Description of this 4 bedroom holiday home in Stillwater - Pine View Retreat
Great location to enjoy outdoor sports/activities, historic towns, and wildlife
NOTE: THIS VACATION RENTAL HAS A NO-SMOKING RESTRICTION ON THE ENTIRE PROPERTY. For health and safety reasons there are NO exceptions.
***Cats and dogs have lived in the house in the past, and we occasionally have a guest bring their dog. We can't guarantee there isn't any pet fur in the house, it's a 99% possibility there isn't any. Rooms are deep cleaned before and after each guest.
Individual sleeping accommodations for 6 adults. Maximum: 8 guests or more if some of the guests are children.
The 1,800 sq. ft. house has:
-- an open floor plan, with waterfront views from over-sized windows
-- island kitchen with ceramic-top range/oven and adjacent dining area with an oak table that seats six comfortably
-- spacious living area with gas fire place, a sofa and love seat with over-sized ottoman.
-- full bathroom with tub/shower with medicine and vanity cabinet storage on main floor.
-- full bathroom with jacuzzi tub/shower on 2nd floor.(available after October 15th).
-- spacious 3-season enclosed porch with an exercise treadmill, table for playing cards, games or puzzles
-- Queen posture-pedic mattress in the main floor master bedroom (Two large armoires for storage and walk-in closet spacious enough to accommodate a portable crib).
-- Full platform bed in bedroom with a treetop view on main floor. Spacious closet with multiple shelves for storage.
-- Upstairs: Single twin bed and a queen-size, self-inflating air mattress in second bedroom.
-- Upstairs: Full mattress and a single twin in the master bedroom suite.
MAXIMUM number of guests is 8 (or more if children are included). .
Check-in time is 12:00 p.m.; Check-out time is 2:00 p.m.
Basic amenities included:
- Bath towels, bathing soap and shampoo, hair dryer, toilet paper
- Guest bathrobes (for 1 to 4 guests), bedding and linens
- Gas fireplace in living room
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms, porch and living room
- Central air and heating
- Iron & board
- Kitchen has Coffee maker (inc. coffee & filters), microwave, toaster, ice maker, frying pans, saucepans, utensils, cookie sheets, muffin and bread pan, large crockpot, mixer, waffle iron, dinnerware and silverware, paper towels, plastic glasses, some basic cooking ingredients (herbs, spices, vanilla, ketchup, mustard, vegetable and olive oil), basic pantry supplies for baking (flour, sugar, baking powder and soda); and miscellaneous 'just in case' items: pasta, spaghetti sauce, soup, oatmeal, etc.
No telephone or internet service. Cell phone available for guests if needed.
32' HD television, DVD player, music and DVD library, playing cards, cribbage board, dominoes, books ranging in interest from infant to adult, exercise treadmill.
During your stay on our property:
• Enjoy morning coffee or sip a glass of wind in the evening while taking in the hilltop view
• Enjoy a bonfire gazing at the brilliant nighttime sky and listening to the sounds of nature
• Hike on trails leading to our waterfront
• Due to several summers of drought, cattails have overgrown the shoreline prohibiting fishing from the dock. Swimming isn't recommended as the lake is on the migration path for geese.
• Private grassy area along the waterfront for a picnic.
• Enjoy plenty of solitude and privacy on three-heavily wooded acres located in St Croix County, Wisconsin
35 minutes from the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, 30-minute commute to St. Paul and 12 miles to Stillwater, Minnesota or Osceola, Wisconsin, 15 miles to Hudson.
If you’re interested in getting to know this area, or re-visiting it again, the events and activities during autumn appeal to a wide variety of interests:
• November 22-23
-- Victorian Christmas at the Historic Courthouse, Stillwater, MN
• November 28
-- River Dazzle, River Falls, WI
• November 29-30, December 1:
-- Taylor Falls, MN Lighting Festival
• December 6
-- Farmhouse Christmas Open House and Flea Market at the Heritage Center, New Richmond, WI
-- Reindeer in the Park, Hudson, WI
• December 7-8
-- St. Croix Falls, WI Rivertown Holiday Festival
-- Shafer, MN, Christmas sale at Pleasant Valley Orchard
Year-round activities to suite anyone's interests are within 20 minutes in any direction including.
• Fish for trout or enjoy a picnic on the beautiful grounds at a local trout farm
• Ride a historic train
• Visit an outdoor sculpture garden or historic architectural landmarks
• Take a river cruise surrounded by cliffs on the Upper St. Croix River
• Enjoy a river cruise or romantic gondola ride in Stillwater
• Ride a trolley and tour historic Stillwater
• Spend an afternoon tasting samples at local vineyards, breweries, or distilleries
• Enjoy a unique shopping experience in several historic towns
• Spend an afternoon hiking, biking, canoeing or kayaking in the stunning River valley
• Explore cliffs of Interstate Park
• Golf at several courses within a 15-minute drive
• Enjoy an evening attending a theater production concert in Hudson, St. Croix Falls, Stillwater.
Local services nearby: grocery, natural food products, library, medical clinic, hospital, dentist, ATM/Bank, laundromat, massage therapist, health/beauty spa, recreation centers (including indoor swimming).
Ski resorts: Trollhagen, Wild Mountain, Afton Alps
Golf courses: Bristol Ridge 18-Hole Championship course, St. Croix National. New Richmond Golf Club, Krooked Kreek.
State Parks: Afton, Interstate, Kinnickinnic, Willow River
Activities: antique shops, art galleries, bowling, brewery and winery tours, casino, cinemas, flea market, live theater, museums, scenic drives, scenic river tours, sightseeing, specialty shopping, spa, stock car racing, swimming park, swimming pools, wild life viewing, yoga classes.
Sports and adventure activities: biking, boating, canoeing, cycling, fishing, golfing, hiking, hot air ballooning, horseback riding, ice skating (indoor & out), kayaking, mountain biking, motorcycling, rafting, rock climbing, sailing, snorkeling/diving, tennis, water skiing and tubing. Cross-country and downhill skiing, ice fishing, hiking, sledding, snowboarding, snow shoeing, snow tubing.
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
We are retired, empty-nesters not ready to leave this beautiful property. My husband and I grew up in the Minneapolis-St Paul area. We are experienced vacation rental travelers, and enjoy sailing, fishing, golfing, motorcycling, hiking, and the arts: theater, musicals, photography, museums.
Shirley purchased this house in 1997
Why Shirley chose Stillwater
We wanted to enjoy the best of rural living (privacy, solitude, a variety of birds and wildlife, wide-open spaces and heavily-wooded areas) with an easy commute to Minneapolis-St. Paul to enjoy everything city-living has to offer and the Mpls.-St. Paul airport.
Being close to Sillwater, Minnesota, a town I visited often before moving here, has so much to offer: a beautiful waterfront, historic architecture, unique shops and restaurants was a bonus.
What makes this house unique
Our home is well-built and maintained. Plush, deep carpeting in living/dining room. Wood floors in the 3-season porch and 3rd bedroom upstairs.