A perfect Hawaii vacation...enjoy Hawaiian hospitality at an affordable rate in the privacy of your own Kauai oceanview 1000 square foot private suite.
For short visits, we also offer a bedroom with an attached bathroom within the residence. Your host, Patti Pantone, is available to help you enjoy your Kauai vacation experiences, but will be sure to respect your privacy.
Hale Ikena Nui is located in the small town of Kalaheo which is off the beaten path on the southern side of beautiful Kauai, a short drive from Poipu Beach and resorts on the sunny south shore. We are located two miles from Kalaheo's own Kukuiolono golf course and the National Tropical Botanical Allerton Gardens.
I am delighted to share my knowledge of the many experiences that await you on Kauai. You will be able to enjoy miles of golden sand beaches; more than any other Hawaiian island. Hike on endless trails through magnificent Hawaiian flora. You will be able to golf on courses that range from wonderful public links to fantastic private courses. Biking, kayaking, snorkeling, land tours, ocean tours, superb dining, and Hawaiian cultural exhibits are only a few of the many activities that await you.
Free wireless internet is included!
Keywords: affordable, private, suite, ocean view
I am a retired professional from the Mainland and migrated to Kauai in 1988. I volunteer for many non-profit projects. My vacation accommodations were developed to share my 'Piece of Paradise' with visitors from all over the world.
We recently returned from our 3 1/2 week stay in the private suite where we found it to be very relaxing and private.Contrary to a previous review that said it was noisy etc., we found this to be untrue.Patti respected our privacy but is very accessible if we needed her for anything.There are other houses between the suite and the pasture so you do hear a cow moo once in awhile because that's what cows do, but never loud enough to wake you up or to be disturbing, plus you have to look real hard to even see the pasture. We found everything about the suite to be as advertised and we plan a return visit next year.
We booked Patti's rental based on positive reviews; but the reality was not positive. First off we stayed downstairs in the main suite ~ for over 3.5 weeks. Perhaps if you stay upstairs its better but the problems downstairs are serious + worst of all not mentioned in the ad.
- The ceiling is paper thin. You can hear ALL activity. Problem is Patti wakes up 5:30 am and she is noisy ~ right above the downstairs bedroom. If you want to sleep in past 6 am - good luck, it's not happening.
- The bathroom/toilet area door is a joke - a virtually see-thru frame where you can hear EVERYTHING. How expensive would a solid door cost??
- The dog (aka "bear" or "barky") leaves little surprises in the grassy area around the suite. Wear shoes all the time. This dog has a barking problem, barks at anything that walks by. Patti could do something, but she does not seem to notice. We mentioned it but nothing changed.
- Speaking of noise - we were NOT told that our bedroom would be next to a cow farm. These cows seem to enjoy being loud at 3 am. Again, mentioned to Patti - but she said "oh really, didn't it say that my ad online about the farm?". Actually Patti, no. You didn't mention that.
- The only times we saw Patti was when she wanted the balance $$$$ and on the last day. Patti chose to communicate to us by dropping a few loud objects (by accident?) above our bedroom at about 7:30 am. She showed up an hour later asking when we were leaving - we suggested noon/1pm - at which she became agitated and told us to leave at 10 am-ish. Perhaps Patti could have told us that in the 25 days prior our departure. Or the night before. This rental is not the Hilton ~ we expect some latitude or least communication when stay at basically a bed and breakfast.
- And lastly, when we arrived and said "Aloha Patti! We're the folks staying her for most of May" - Patti replied - ""Why are you here so early, I expected you at 3pm??" We showed up at 2:30pm. Very unfriendly behavior from someone renting their home to vacationers - and the fact is we were genuinely excited to be there. Oh, and Patti did not offer info about any of her coolers/sunbrellas as mentioned in her ad - until 3 days after we bought those items. Why advertise those amenities when you won't tell us where to find them lol?
On the positive side the location is good, but really not worth staying downstairs. False advertising at best. A partial refund was in order but no offer from Patti.
Have stayed with Patti in the past and once again a great experience and a wonderful place to stay on Kauai.
Patti is a wonderful host, very accommodating and warm. She makes you feel right at home. We enjoyed the quiet surrounding and the deck with a sweeping view of the ocean. Our room was spacious and the bed very clean and comfortable. The linen and towels were soft and luxurious. Patti's dog, Bear is very well behaved and he does not pester you. For sure we shall return.
Really enjoyed the stay. Very private and close to many places I wanted to visit.
Place was clean and Patti was a great host.
Had a great time and Patti was the perfect host. Roomy, clean & friendly. Will stay again and would recommend to anyone looking for a layed back vacation located in a great part of Kauai.