Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday apartment in Nice Old Town (Vieux Nice) - Le Douzy
2 bedroom, 1 bath Niçoise apartment - can sleep up to 6 guests
Le Douzy is a two bedroom, one bathroom, first floor gem in the heart of old Nice. Built in the 1700's, it has all the charms of an old Niçois apartment but was refurbished in 2013. Close to shops, restaurants, historic churches, galleries, bars and colourful history.
Le Douzy is special because it's located in the heart of it all without the inconveniences of a typical tourist destination. You'll live amongst the natives, able to do your market shopping at the cours Saleya and take a morning dip in the Mediterranean, while also being able to visit the small food shop around the corner for those forgotten items or buy a fougasse for lunch from our friends at the local boulangerie. All are literally between 30 seconds and 5 minutes away from your doorstep. The building is secure and protected by a main door .
Not next to the t-shirt or tacky tourist shops, but some of the better restaurants in town. Le Tapenade, for example, is known for its Sardines and other Nicoise delicacies and is just down the path from the apartment.
It's just a quick walk to the easy to navigate Tram network which will take you in all directions, including the Place Massena, the Palais de Congres, or even the central train station from where you can easily hop on a 20minute train ride to Monaco for the day, or the beautiful villages of Gorbio and Menton.
And because we don't want to forget the modern world completely, Le Douzy is also heaven for Geeks (or at least adapted for those of you who still need to work while on holiday)!
- High-speed Internet (bring your tablets!)
- Two televisions (living room and bedroom) with a wide variety of TV channels and USB connections on both (bring your own videos)
- To help you stay in touch with your colleagues or family, we offer free telephone service to land lines in more than 100 destinations with free service to mobile phones in some countries.
- Optional local mobile SIM card for only 20 € extra (you will be given your local number before departure so that your family and friends can call you anytime) and this includes a 1 GB data plan.
The apartment is beautifully furnished and has all the modern appliances needed to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- All new applicances
- Open kitchen (stove, oven, dishwasher, pots & pans, etc.)
- Double glazed windows
- Iron/Ironing board
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Private entrance
- Convertable leather beds
- Hotel luggage racks
- Shopping cart for the market
- Large Italian style shower, with bulit in bench
- Full size refrigerator
- Bright living room with two comfortable sofas, leather rocking chair, and coffee table
- Bed linens and towels are naturally included
We offer the following sleeping configurations:
- Master bedroom sleeps two people: Queen bed (160x200 cm)
- Second bedroom sleeps two people with two configurations: Queen bed (160x200 cm)
- two Twin beds (2 x 80x200 cm)
- Living room sleeps two people: two convertible sofas that turn into Twin beds (2 x 80x200 cm) - very comfortable but these are probably best for children or young adults.
Sorry, but smoking and pets are not allowed inside the apartment.
Vieux Nice is full of charm with colors everywhere you look and noises, smells and tastes to be experienced at each turn.
A quick walk to the beach (2 minutes) or a tram ride to the Champs Elysées of Nice, everything is close. There is an excellent bus and tram service throughout the city, and the train station is close enough that you can be gambling at the Monaco Casino in just 20 minutes!
PARKING: there are 3 parking lots not far from our apartment the closest being the one of the Cours Saleya which is 4 minutes away by walking.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible