Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday hotel in Riviere Noire
RATED 5/5 ON TRIP ADVISOR by 23 REVIEWERS • In a chic neighbourhood, near shops and restaurants • Sand & reef (swim & snorkel)
EARLY BIRDS: If you are booking more than 90 days in advance, you will see a 10% "Early-bird Discount" in the rate calculation, at right. However, it is unfortunately not valid for the peak period: December 20 - January 10.
RATED 5/5 ON TRIP ADVISOR by 23 REVIEWERS
(as of December, 2013)
These holiday apartments on Tamarin Bay in Black River (West Coast) are comprised of twelve 3-bedroom apartments and two 3-bedroom penthouses that take in the breathtaking sunsets of the west coast of Mauritius.
Managed by a first class property manager, the suites combine the freedom of luxury beachfront accommodation with the range of services expected by a discerning clientele.
The ideal location of these apartments in Black River, Tamarin, enables guests to discover the west & south coasts from one of the island's most coveted upmarket neighbourhoods. They are very near shops, restaurants and bars.
Your apartment is fully serviced, with a complex manager on site 5 1/2 days a week. The apartment complex is secure with 24/7 security guards and an alarm in each apartment.
All linens and towels are provided, and are of the highest quality.
=== UPGRADE OPTIONS ===
The price indicated above is for a 3 bedroom "Premium" apartment (130 m2, on the ground or first floor). Upgrades to beachfront or Penthouse are approximately as follows:
BEACHFRONT APARTMENT (150 m2, on ground or 1st floor)
+ 60€ /night Low season
+ 75€ /night High season
+ 120€ /night Peak season
PENTHOUSE APARTMENT (203 m2, on 2nd floor)
+ 100€ /night Low season
+ 115€ /night High season
+ 210€ /night Peak season
=== KEY FEATURES ===
• Calm and private (no hotels)
• Amazing views & sunsets
• In a chic neighbourhood, near shops and restaurants
• Sand & reef (swim & snorkel)
=== SERVICES ===
• Will cook your breakfast, lunch, tea time and dinner at your convenience. Whatever you want, at any time, with an additional fee of €115 per day + the cost for groceries (Minimum of 5 nights)
• Cooler box provided for the beach
• A complex manager is onsite 6 times weekly to supervise operations and attend to any issues you encounter during their stay.
• 6 times a week to fully service each apartment. Sundays and public holidays will cost an additional Rs. 650 per service and payable on checkout if requested by clients.
• 24/7 security guards and cameras on common areas.
• Alarm system in each apartment.
=== OTHER AMENITIES ===
CONSUMABLES REPLENISHED DAILY
• Luxury branded shampoo, body lotion and liquid shower soap
• Toilet paper
• Bin liners
• Washing liquid, powder and dishwasher tablets
• High thread-count quality cotton linens are provided and changed 3 times weekly: bed-sheets, towels, beach/pool towels, bath mats, duvet & covers, pillows & cases.
=== FOOD & DINING ===
According to minimum nights stipulated in the contract, including:
• Generous fruit basket with fresh tropical fruits
• Bottled water, fruit juice, Coca Cola, local beer.
• Breakfast cereals, yoghurt and milk
• Slice breads, butter & fruit jams
• Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
• Coffee, tea and sugar.
• Vanilla Bean Tel: 483 5392
• Junction Café Tel: 483 6634
• Big Willy's Tel: 483 7400
• La Madrague Tel: 404 0150
• Le Dix neuf Tel: 404 0150
• Les Sirandanes Tel: 772 9303
• La Marée Haute Tel: 483 6513
• Le Cabanon Creole Tel: 483 7353
• La Bonne Chute Tel: 483 6552
• Le Kiosk Tel: 483 7004
• Zucca Tel: 483 7005
• Pizzadelic Tel: 483 7003
• Cosa Nostra Tel: 483 6169
• BaliKopy Tel: 483 8252
• Domaine Anna Tel: 453 9650
=== ACTIVITIES ===
Blessed with it's own house reef, one may snorkel for hours on end right in front of the suites and discover it's underwater universe one fish at a time. Discover snorkeling at the beach by going out in high tide within the lagoon itself or alternatively venture just out the reef to experience deeper water and the reef walls for an incredible marine experience.
• Beach Walks
At the earliest signs of dawn, a silent walk along the beach followed by an early morning swim at the local beach neatly - Tamarin Bay. It's the best way to start one's day, and an intimate way to enjoy the luxury of this idyllic beach close to the suites where locals can be seen enjoying a moment of silence or walking their dogs on the beach..
Although the rocks and sea life contribute to an amazing seascape, the particular stretch of beach in front of the suites is not ideal for swimming. However guests may enjoy nearby swimming beaches such Tamarin Bay or La Preneuse which are safe for children and adults alike.
• Back to Basic's...Children can buy fishing nets and rods at the nearby tackle store and enjoy rock fishing right in front of the suites For the more experienced fishermen, use one of the fishing kayaks to venture out of the reef. There is also the possibility of booking a deep-sea fishing trip with our nearby charter partners.
• Water Sports
A wide variety of watersports are available on prior arrangement through our boating specialists in Black River.
• Island Trips
A great way to spend a day out in the spirit of adventure is to book a island trip on the west coast. Most trips are fully catered and include drinks. Popular island trips include a full day Catamaran trip sailing along the west coast, or a boat trip to Ile aux Benitiers " Benitier Island" where your skipper and his team will set up a lobster feast... highly recommended but don't expect to be the only ones on the island..
• Glass Bottom Boat Trips
By arrangement with the complex manager, guests may enjoy a short trip over some of the most magnificent corals and underwater features for a great family outing not far from the suites. Guests can also enjoy snorkeling during the trip on prior arrangement.
Kitesurfing is popular throughout the year whenever the wind is strong enough but especially during the winter months May - September. Kite-surfing is mostly based around Le Morne which is perfect and lends itself to beginners as well as seasoned kiters. Services provided by the local kiteboarding schools vary from one-on-one lessons for beginners to equipment rental for the more experienced kiters.
• Quad biking & Hiking
Casela Nature Park is an ideal place for quad trips and boasts a variety of mapped hiking trails for the more active guest. The restaurant at Casela offers adventurous guests an opportunity to "refuel" with tasty creole meals overlooking the western seascape.
• Horse riding
Horse-riding trips may be organized along the beaches of Le Morne, or in the hills of Chamarel. There is something for every riding enthusiast to enjoy.
Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or simply want to see some of the local scenery first hand, the West coast from Tamarin towards the South is cycling paradise. Early mornings make for little traffic and makes cycling along the coastal road a magnificent cycling experience. Generally, riders aim to cycle past le Morne or towards Belle Ombre, possibly returning up the steady climb called Fantasy.
• Mountain Biking
Mountain biking enthusiasts will enjoy the West with the slopes of The Black River Gorges and its surrounding hills in particular, as well as the endless possibilities of the surrounding sugar cane fields starting in Black River all the way to Medine Sugar Estate. For those looking for a group ride - the usual meeting place for experienced riders is at the London Supermarket parking lot at 6am on Saturdays
Tamain and the surrounding areas of "Les Salines" are rich with historical significance and have become established cultural and historical landmarks over the years especially for its fortified tours "La tour Martello". Marvel at the beautiful Tamarin salt pans and see how salt is still made the traditional way. An amazing photographic opportunity.
• Dolphin Swimming
Watch the dolphins pass by from your terrace or join them in the water for a once in a lifetime experience.
CANCELLATION POLICY (Off-Peak)
0% fee if cancelled more than 45 days prior to arrival
25% fee if 30-45 days prior
50% fee if 15-29 days prior
100% fee if less than 15 days prior
CANCELLATION POLICY (Peak Season)
0% fee if cancelled more than 45 days prior to arrival
50% fee 30-45 days prior to arrival
100% fee if less than 30 days prior to arrival
Guestbook comments from the manager
We have stayed with apartments service by Horizon in Mauritius before. The Leora beach apartments is very good value for money. The staff are very efficient and the place is a real gem. We stayed in the Penthouse suit. Very modern in its furnishing with a very spectacular view. The management attended very promptly to a few snags and even gave us a dinner on the house because of the few snags.
I can really recommend this property. The best value for money in a beautiful environment.