Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday cottage in San Juan del Sur - Maderas Beach Surf House
Perfect cottage on beachfront, 2 bed, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 6 with lofts
Relax and read, eat, swim,surf, hike or snorkel while staying at our cute and cozy beach house. Only a 15 minute drive from town, the house is literally seconds from a semi-secluded beach surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests!
The beach house is located in a forest setting with other beach homes (not populated or commercialized at all). The surroundings are completely natural, with trees providing cover everywhere for all kinds of tropical life, including endless varieties of birds and the local Howler monkeys.
THE HOUSE INCLUDES:
- TWO ROOMS, each with a full-sized bed (each room has an extra single bed in the room if needed).
- Each room also has a ceiling fan in addition to moveable floor fans (no air-con)
- TWO LOFTS (semi private rooms) on opposite sides of the house - floor mattresses as needed.
- 2 FULL BATHROOMS
- LARGE COVERED PORCH
- The house is fully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, numerous board games and interesting books.
- There are several hammocks that can be hung around the porch or even in the front yard, between the trees below the shade.
- There are two large eating tables - one round and the other like a picnic table (both can fit around 6-8 people)
OUT: There are 2 small restaurants within a 90 second walk and great restaurants within a 15 minute drive (or 15 min walk on the beach south to another beach).
IN: If you want to bring your own food to cook, you need to buy it in San Juan del Sur (the city nearby) before you come to the beach house.
IF YOU ARE STAYING AT THE HOUSE FOR A COUPLE DAYS, THERE ARE FRUIT/VEGETABLE TRUCKS THAT COME BY THE NEIGHBORHOOD EVERY OTHER DAY.
There are many great places to hike, both to other beaches and in the forest for bird and animal watching.
SURFING IS GREAT AND JUST A 10 MINUTE WALK FROM THE HOUSE. SURFING IS GOOD ALL YEAR ROUND!!
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
About Daniel Mitchell
I am a Nicaraguan-American that loves traveling and surfing. I am currently living in Nicaragua and managing the properties where I am living.
Why Daniel Mitchell chose San Juan del Sur
We acquired this property about a year after our first visit to the area. We just fell in love with it immediately. In addition to the tranquility and abundant nature surrounding the house, we were immediately attracted by the accessibility to three different types of beaches just seconds away: Two that are just great for swimming, boogybording, bodyboarding and just hanging out and one that is great for surfing all year long.
There are a couple neighboring houses in the vicinity, all owned by very kind families who come and go during the year. This makes the area very relaxing whether or not there are neighbors around. And for those of you who don't like feeling too alone in a foreign country, this makes you feel more secure.