Below the main house is a separate 300 SF 1 bdrm/1 bath apartment facing the front beach and water. The apartment has a full bed, private bath, a full kitchen, sitting area, french doors leading to the front beach and lot's of windows to catch the breezes. There is also a large bodega that stores the mountain bikes and washer/dryer.
The landscaped grounds are full of local flowers, colorful plants, palm & banana trees with a combination of soft grass and Bay Island beach sand. The property is beautifully maintained by Angelito and his family, home caretaker for 10 years.
The Sandy Bay Beach House is positioned on the leeward or south side of Utila Island. Utila is the smallest, most westerly and one of three of the Bay Islands just off the coast of Honduras (Just East of Belize & South of Key West). Utila is a low key paradise off the touristy path that is quickly becoming the meeting place for divers from all over the world searching for the next “secret” destination.This diving destination is routinely voted as the best value in the Caribbean.
Our house is located on a peninsula in Sandy Bay. Our home probably has the best location for catching most of the year’s enjoyable trade winds that keep you cool and the bugs away. We are just a 5 min bike ride west of Utila Town; however, we are just far enough away from the hustle & bustle of the main tourist areas. A mile ride will bring you to the beginning of town, built in charming Key West style along the harbor. You’ll ride past the many dive shops, restaurants, grocery stores, bars, hotels and Utilians going about they’re daily routines.
The home’s wrap around deck provides spectacular views of the bay, mountains of the mainland, town, reef system and lagoon. Snorkel from the front door to great reefs less than 300 yards in front of the house. It’s not uncommon to see dolphin, eagle rays and bonefish from the deck. Our home is virtually sitting on top of technicolor coral reefs & 20 coconut throws away from the famous Laguna Beach Resort.
The home comes completely furnished and has just been updated from top to bottom. Just about everything in the entire house is brand new from the major & minor appliances down to the tableware and bedding. We’ve tried to provide everything you’ll need to have a fun & worry-free vacation. If you’re concerned about what to bring, check out our list in the frequently asked questions section.
• Right on beach & water, reef is less than 100 yards from deck, lagoon in rear of house (great for mooring boats/sail boats)
• Each bedroom has 2 new twin beds that can be converted to a King size bed upon your request to provide you with more options and comfort
• All bedrooms have air conditioning & home has hot water
• Home has fans everywhere; ceiling, floors and walls
• Minimum of 4 Mountain Bikes with carrier baskets; 1 with rear infant carrier. (Main House guests have priority over the mountain bikes if they were to need 4 at once. Bikes can be easily & cheaply rented in town for about $2/day.)”
• TV, VCR/DVD player and stereo with CD player
• Full Kitchen with coffee maker, blender, microwave, refrigerator, ice maker, 5 gallon bottled water dispenser, picnic ice coolers, great assortment of cookware and “island flavor” tableware
• Traditional BBQ grill right on the front beach
• Sunning/beach chairs & lounging hammocks
• Washer & Dryer
• Each bedroom has new bedding and towels
• Outdoor rinse shower when coming back from snorkeling in the front bay
• House & Apartment has a phone for local calls and an optional intercom between phones.
• Lock box to keep your valuables secure.
• Weekly cleaning service provided & additional cleaning may be hired
• Massages available at incredibly low rates
• Great household caretaker, Angelito, works on the grounds Thursday thru Saturday every week
The apartment has the same amenities as the home but many items are a bit smaller such as the fridge and stove.
Even though we promise to keep a minimum of 4 mountain bikes in good working condition, we often have more than 4 available
Keywords: beach front, ocean front, snorkel, luxury, divers paradise, cottage, beach house, apartment, 3 bedroom, three bedroom, private, quite, mountain view, views, ocean view, ocean front, lagoon, bay, fishing, diving, grilling, kayak, hammock, air conditioning, caretaker, fully furnished, deck, internet, mountain bikes, golf cart, newly renovated