|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Spectacular 4,000 house, ideal for family traveling with children and grandparents. Private swimming pool, basketball, scenery, with views to El Yunque Rainforest, within the gated community of Carabali Rainforest Park.
3 big bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, split units, in the ground level, game room with table tennis and pool table with air conditioner. Dumbbells at the ground balcony for weight lifting.
Short drive to Culebra and Vieques ferries. Close to the El Yunque Rain Forest. Only 34 miles from Old San Juan hosting El Morro, San Cristobal forts, and the old city. Great restaurants are only minutes away. Family Room is fitted with a flat screen TV and a sound system, including Wifi.
You will have 600 acres for your use so can rent go karts, horses and four tracks. Also you can visit the river or the near beaches as well. This home is the perfect location to enjoy the peaceful treasures of Puerto Rico nature. Your dream vacation will come true.
Master Suite: Queen Size Bed, closet, bathroom & one bunk bed with three twin beds (sleeps 5)
2nd Bedroom: Queen Size Bed & closet (sleeps 2)
3rd Bedroom: 2 Full beds & closet (sleeps 4)
Hall: 1 Bathroom
Additional bathroom Half in the principal floor & 1 in the game room
I started my review and the computer collapsed!!! If already submitted, my apologies.....
I live in Puerto Rico and I'm used to local tourism. However, this is by far the best property to enjoy the Island, It has a very unique feeling of a countryside property, with almost immediate access to the best beaches in Puerto Rico.
The property itself gives you a firsthand taste of our tropical atmosphere. Great views of our topography, being in the middle of El Yunque Forrest but right across to Luquillo Beach.
It is located near enough of San Juan, but far enough to feel like you are away of the city's atmosphere.
The property is as clean and well maintained as you would expect in a 5 star hotel, with more amenities than you could possibly expect:
1. Great pool area
2. BBQ facility with access close to the kitchen area
3. Recreational outside areas with basketball court
4. Game room with table tennis, pool and dartboard facilities
5. Kitchen, family, and dining room area are very comfortable, probably one of the best features of the property - great to entertain, great to enjoy and relax.
Again, It excelled our expectations. We will come back...
We just rented Hacienda Carabali and we loved it! At our arrival, we were welcomed with a vanilla flan waiting for us in the fridge. We were 2 families of 4 and never felt crowded in the house. It's a beautiful house, well maintained, clean and fully equiped, with speakers outside on the patio and close to the pool. The house is well decorated and cosy and we really had the feeling to be home. Kids had plenty of things to do: swim in the pool, play ping pong and pool downstairs, watch for lizards, frogs and iguanas around the house. There are coconut trees and a mango tree in the backyard! The deck is huge, you can sit and watch the trees, the El Yunke mountains and listen to the coquis at night. The owner left a binder full of info for the house and activities to do around. We found everything we needed in the house: foldable chairs to bring to the beach, beach toys, iceboxes, even a full cupboard of board games and boxes of kid toys. Luquillo seemed a safe place, people is really friendly. So that you know, the gate doesn't open right away when you enter the code (contrary to when you use the remote control). We understood someone had to "answer" and open it for us. And ask for the house key box code before arrival. It was our first time to PR and we loved it! We were sad to leave, 8 days were definitely not enough. We are already planning to go back next year. It seems to be the end of all inclusive vacations for us... Thank you very much Vilmari!
Seven adults arrived at the house late due to flight delays and a long dinner PR style after a long travel day. Ahhhh - we were more than pleasantly happy to find a beautiful home with everything we needed for the week. As other reviews have indicated, the pictures do not do this house justice. The neighborhood was very secure and clean. The views, porch, pool and sound system were outstanding. When we were all preparing meals, the kitchen never felt crowded or cramped. The paintings and art in the home were really nice too. The location of Hacienda Carabali was very convenient to some interesting and delicious food kiosks (the Strip), grocery stores, the Luquillo Beach, hiking in El Yunque National Park and within a half hour to the Bio Luminescent Bay kayaking tour as well as Old San Juan. We had a nice balance of relaxing and daily activities. Our hosts were wonderful and checked in to be sure all was going well. Nice follow-up and very personal. This is one place I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a home for several people to enjoy and relax in. A fantastic family vacation/reunion place and great value.
Above all, the location is great. Far enough away for privacy and a less-touristy experience, but close enough to get around to everything you could possibly want to see.
The house is beautiful and has all the amenities one could ask for, especially for the price. Nice kitchen, fairly comfortable beds, pool, great deck, rec room, etc.
Even with all that said, unfortunately we had several issues during our stay that hurt our overall experience.
1. We had some trouble getting into the gated community on arrival as the owner's phone was "on vibrate" and they did not receive our calls.
2. We arrived late in the day, so nobody was available to show us around the house. Nobody came out the next day either, so we had to do some hunting around the house to find anything.
3. There were ESSENTIAL things missing that were supposed to have been included. Toilet paper, dishwasher soap, laundry detergent...we had to shop for it all even though it was all to be provided.
4. The towels were sorely lacking. There was one bath towel per person and barely enough swimming towels. There were NO dish towels in the kitchen. Which means we had to do laundry several times.
5. One of the showers began leaking on our 2nd day. It appears to have been a problem before (judging by the excessive messy caulking job around the base). We stopped using the shower and called the owner immediately. The plumber was not available for 3 more days, so we went with 2 bathrooms instead of 3 for the duration of our trip. There were no efforts made to find someone else.
6. I wish we would have been warned about the plumbing in the house. You are required to dispose of any paper in a trash can rather than flushing.
7. Only upon arrival did we learn that we were expected to do some cleaning of the property including strip all the beds, wash dishes and take out garbage. We should have been warned the cleaning fee was not all inclusive.
8. Pool cleaner showed up on our last day and proceeded to yell into her cell phone and let her child wander the property while cleaning for an hour. Very disturbing when you are trying to nap.
We would still recommend the location and the house to others. Minor adjustments by the owners would have made it a 5 star experience.
Family came from the States to celebrate our Mom's birthday. We found this house online and went on to rent it.
When we arrived we were mesmerized. The place was spotless. It is definitely a home away from home. It accommodated the whole family (12 including the kids) (Be aware that kids shared beds and another one was on her own crib we brought in). Everything was as described here. All amenities needed for our stay were provided. Kids had a lot of fun at the pool while we were cooking on the BBQ. Activities like horseback riding are available at the nearby ranch within the Hacienda where the house is located. My brothers, nephews and nieces went on the horseback riding tour and they loved it.
The house is described as luxurious and it is, but it is very cozy at the same time.
Having the view of El Yunque Rainforest right outside at the balcony, surrounded by family, listening to the music on the excellent sound system that you can control from your iPhone is priceless... especially when you are on the hammock with no desire to get up.
Vilmari, the agent was very accommodating and the owner, Mickey, called us twice during our stay to make sure we were having fun and to check if there was anything else we would need to enjoy our stay even more. That was so thoughtful. We had never experienced such a personal and attentive service anywhere else.
We had an awesome time, and of course, Mom/Grandma had a great birthday too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
My family and I stayed in March 2013, had a good time. The house has a good location, a great atmosphere for the whole family. It has everything that people need for a good holiday. I really recommend it.
Other Activities: Four Tracks, Go Karts, Wave Runners, Kayak, Bannana and Boat Rider, and more
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $28 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning||$300 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (USD), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.