Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday home in Nantucket Town - Tuitions End, Nantucket
House, 2 Bedrooms + Den, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 5)
Nantucket Island provides an historic and relaxing sea-side escape; our property is located in the Nashaquisset community with on-site rental and property management. Featured in the April 2010 Design Issue of Nantucket Today, this adorable Nantucket country cottage is an ideal spot to enjoy an island vacation; a short walk from downtown and conveniently located to shopping, markets and beaches.
Our air conditioned home is named Tuitions End; we purchased the property after we had 'almost' finished with college payments. We thought this was a very special location for vacations with family and friends. It is beautifully decorated in a blue, yellow and white color palette, with comfortable furnishings and a place for everything. A galley kitchen that would delight the most demanding chef, includes culinary items required for fine cooking or entertaining. We installed an ultra quiet, high efficiency, whole house air conditioning system in 2011 to ensure August summer comfort for all guests, just in case it's needed.
A spacious side yard is ideal for playing croquet or other lawn games. It compliments the shaded patio that is a refreshing spot to dine or entertain outdoors any time of the day. Adjoining the main patio is is a second, large circular patio with deck chairs and umbrella, which is perfect for sunning or afternoon reading. For those who enjoy outdoor activities, it is just a few minutes walk to the pool and (2) Har-Tru tennis courts, in addition to bike paths and beaches.
The layout includes:
- Living room with two comfortable sofas, love seat and fireplace
- Dining area with built-in banquette
- Galley kitchen, with JennAir range, GE French door refrigerator with ice maker, KitchenAid (ultra quiet) dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave and other kitchen small appliances
- Bedroom with queen size bed, HD LCD TV and digital cable
- Full bathroom with tub/shower
- Bedroom with queen size bed, HD LCD TV and digital cable, home office with computer, high speed internet and network printer.
- Full bathroom with tub/shower
- Den/family room with full size sofa bed, daybed, HD LCD TV, VCR & DVD player, DVR (digital video recorder), large selection of VHS and DVD movies, bookcases loaded with books for reading, along with a large assortment of games, toys and puzzles.
- Private, fully landscaped, brick patio with mature trees; dining area on main patio, with a secondary circular patio for sunning or shady reading on deck chairs.
- Outdoor shower
Nashaquisset offers (2) Har-Tru tennis courts, along with a newly renovated swimming pool and large sundeck. The on-site rental office is located one block away, in the historic Tashama Farmhouse and is open seven days a week. The Nashaquisset rental staff will greet you, answer your questions and help assure that your stay is a memorable one. Your home will be professionally cleaned weekly during your stay. No pets. No smoking. Rental minimum is one week and turnover is Saturdays.
Keywords: House, Nantucket, downtown, beach, tennis, pool, whole house air conditioning
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
Guestbook comments from the owner
This adorable, cozy cottage is in a perfect location in a cute neighborhood; it’s close to Surfside and town, which is very convenient. We rode our bikes with ease, everywhere!
We were drawn to Nantucket by it's history with the Sea. We had vacationed on Nantucket several times and then had an opportunity to buy our home in 1995, which we named Tuitions End. We have added many custom and personal touches which enhance the comfort of our guests, as well as high tech features, such as high speed wireless internet, computer and printer, stereo system with music CD library and digital cable HD TV's in loft/media room and bedrooms. We have kept the home unique with a beach side country decor, comfortable sofas and custom bookcases loaded with collections of Nantucket history, cook books, reference books, novels and European travel books. The spacious and private patio has both sunny and shady areas to accommodate reading, relaxing and entertaining. Tuitions End is a short walk to town, shopping, restaurants, the waterfront and beaches.
Tuitions End is a close walk to everything (downtown, food, shopping, beaches, bike paths), yet far enough away for privacy. The home is unique with it's comfortable furnishings, spacious private patios and side yard, on-site rental management and well maintained grounds. Extensive biking and hiking paths connect the island with a sustainable transportation network; our local path is less than 2 blocks away.