Located on the Trinity River, in the heart of the Trinity Alps, Eagle Creek Ranch is an idyllic getaway to one of Northern California's last undiscovered regions. This Eagle Creek Ranch Guest House offers private accommodations for small families, looking to enjoy comfort and self-sufficiency in this remote paradise.
GUSSIE'S HOMESTEAD is a 2 story, 2 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, living room, dinette, full kitchen and patio that sleeps up to 6 comfortably.
Bring your horses, mules, llamas or other pack animals! Eagle Creek Ranch has plenty of prime, fenced, irrigated pasture to graze your animals, and there are bountiful backcountry opportunities to choose from for the riding enthusiast.
GUSSIE'S HOMESTEAD (SLEEPS 6)
· Private master bedroom occupies the entire top floor. A king-sized bed sleeps 2. Two twin beds allow for the option of sleeping 2 more.
· Outfitted with a shower and 2 sinks
· Sleeping space for 2 more with two twin beds.
· Old fashioned claw-foot tub, with wrap-around shower curtain.
· Bright, open living room.
· A full kitchen features a 4-burner gas stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave and breakfast bar.
· A separate dining area allows extra space when eating.
· Cast-iron, wood-burning stove and kerosene powered heater.
· Private washing machine and dryer
· DVD player with television (there's no local television service...
be sure to bring your own DVDs, or rent them before coming)
· CD boombox
· Phone line receives incoming calls, and allows for outgoing calls with a credit card or phone card
· Large porch
· Views of the pond and Ramshorn Peak
· Built in the 1930s, the living room still has the original wood planks, with cowboy spur scars.
· Decorated with memorabilia from the ranch's heyday.
·Sleeps 2 on a king-sized bed.
·Sleeping space for 2 more with a single daybed, and pullout trundle.
·A comfortable living room includes a wood-burning stove and comfortable seating.
·Outfitted with both a shower and tub
·A full kitchen features a 4-burner gas stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, and dining table to seat 4
LESTER'S RETREAT FEATURES
·Phone line receives incoming calls, and allows for outgoing calls with a credit card or phone card
·Private washing machine and dryer
·DVD player with television (there's no local television service... be sure to bring your own DVDs, or rent them before coming)
·Cast-iron, wood-burning stove
·Wheel chair ramp and toilet and tub/shower grab bars
·Large screened in porch
·Large deck with chaise lounges
·120 acres of private ranch-land to enjoy
·Fenced pasture for your horses or mules
·Enjoy our sitting pond over cocktails.
Eagle Creek Ranch is in the heart of the Trinity Alps Wilderness area and straddles the Trinity River. Trinity Lake is located just 5 miles from the ranch and is perfect for fishing and boating. Spectacular hiking to high alpine lakes and beautiful mountain meadows is just a short jaunt away. Some hike on our beautiful ranch property and fish the Trinity River just a stroll from your accommodations.
·Easy boat and horse trailer access
·Office services, including fax and Internet access are available on Ranch property on a limited basis, by prior arrangement with the hosts
·Private stretch of the river available for fishing and gold panning.
·Historic 19th century cemetery
BR B Activities: /B BR Local Attractions
·One of the few remaining manned fire lookouts in the West.
·An award-winning local winery is just a 15 minute drive..
·A cafe, store, and church are just down the road in Coffee Creek
·2 marinas with boat launching facilities are within 15 minutes at the north end of Trinity Lake.
·Guided/catered functions/activities available through Quintessential Tours
·Pioneer history museum within 15 minutes in Trinity Center.
Ski: ·The Joss House, a 45 minute drive to Weaverville, is the oldest continuously used Chinese temple in California
·Lewiston Lake is a beautiful spot to fish for trout, or watch eagles do the same. It's 45 minutes away.
·Scott Valley is ranchland, dotted with charming small towns like Callahan, Fort Jones, Etna and Yreka. A windy road over Scott Mountain will bring you to Callahan in about 40 minutes
·The Pacific Crest Trail runs right over the top of Scott Mountain.... about 20 minutes from the ranch.
·Area: Eagle Creek Ranch is located in the heart of the Trinity Alps. The Trinity River runs through the ranch and Trinity Lake is just 5 miles away. Our website has a complete description of activities and area attractions.