|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is a fully restored early 1900s 2 bedroom cottage directly on the water and beach in Colonial Beach, Virginia. The cottage provides two bedrooms, the first with one queen bed and the second with two twin beds. All the amenities you will need are provided to enjoy a week or a long weekend in the beautiful Northern Neck of Virginia. Just bring your toothbrush and change of clothes. We provide everything else - linens, towels (bath and beach), inn quality bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, Our kitchenette is equipped with a 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender and 2 counter height refrigerators with separate freezer in one. All dinner, glassware and cooking utensils are provided as well. High speed Internet and satellite TV with HBO, Showtime, Sports Network and more.
We are located within a short walk (10 minutes or less) of many town amenities which include:
• Beautiful Thai/French restaurant on Monroe Bay (The Lighthouse);
• Gourmet grocery store and oyster bar (Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar );
• Coffee shop\cafe where all the locals hang out (Tattle Tales Cafe);
• Unique gourmet shop where cooking classes, breakfast lunch and dinner are sometimes served (Tides Inn Market);
• Chinese restaurant with take out (Hunan Diner);
• Beach front Tiki bar with a full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (The Black Pearl at High Tides);
• Fully equipped gym (River Gym);
• Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and Episcopal churches;
• Several antique shops and art galleries in town for your enjoyment (Jarret Thor Fine Arts).
• Two marinas with transient docking (Bayside Marina and The Boat House Marina).
Within a few minutes or a short drive are;
• Full service Marina with transient docking, full time mechanic and gas (Colonial Beach Yacht Center);
• A second outdoor tiki bar and full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (Blue Heron Pub and Dockside Restaurant) located on the Colonial Beach Yacht Center property;
• Street legal golf cart rentals are available in town (Beach Cart Rental);
• Pizza (Papa Johns, Dominos, Ledos);
• Cab service (Davis cab);
• Historical sites are a short drive away as well (Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Christ Church, Fredericksburg, VA);
• All of Washington D.C is about a 90 minute drive away.
The Cottage and the main house, “Captains Watch” share the same property.
There is NO SMOKING permitted on the property (house and yard) and no more than 4 guests are permitted on the property and/or cottage at amy time.
A perfect cute place if you just want to relax for a few days.
Also, an area filled with history close by.
Very,very clean and well supplied.
we stayed 2nights and the cottage is great, it is a perfect location for the beach and getting around the town. the listing description is very accurate, the property was clean and well maintained. John was great very helpful
we will be back love it there.
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is "as advertised". Beautifully appointed and in immaculate condition, we found it to be exactly what we were looking for in a getaway cottage on the shores the Potomac River. It is an easy walk from an assortment of excellent dining establishments and the art gallery in Colonial Beach. An excellent value by any measure. The proprietors are friendly, helpful, and a wealth of information about the local area. We will definitely be back.
I was in the area six weeks for work. It was perfectly furnished for my stay and made being away from home for an extended time very enjoyable. The owners are very accommodating. Could not have had a better experience. Hope to visit again for pleasure. We will definitely look up this cottage.
My husband, I & our 6 mo old daughter stayed here for a long weekend in October. The cottage was very nice, accurately described (having a washing machine was awesome with the baby!). John was very helpful, but respectful of our privacy. The weather was perfect for strolling the streets and beach...a little too cold for the water tho! Overall, a wonderful long weekend!
This was a first for me to be at Colonial Beach, but now after staying at this cozy waterfront getaway I know that I will return. The cottage is just as it is on the site well decorated and cared for. How nice to have a washer and dryer! It was so awesome staying there...it was relaxing, peaceful, safe and being across the street from the water was so very nice. Great streets to walk, great little town to walk around. Friendly people, and even though I did not eat out I did order in and cooked. The owner was a very nice person and I look forward to being there again and getting to know him better. The overall experience was WONDERFUL! I always use VRBO when I travel and I've not been let down over the years. I will return to Colonial Beach and to this cottage. By the way the landscaping is gorgeous and the little porch is great for coffee and to just watch the world go by.
Full service marina located in town about 1 mile from the cottage. Street legal Golf cart rentals are available in town.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2015 - 30 Sep 2015
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Property Damage Protection||$59.00|
|Cleaning||$50.00 + Tax|
|Notes||Payments 100% refundable when reservation canceled minimum of 30 days before check-in.|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (USD), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.