Photos and Description of this 4 bedroom holiday home in Mathews - Blue Water Haven
5 Bdrm's, Sleeps 10, 3 full bathrooms, 3 half baths, newly renovated.
- Expansive water views of the Chesapeake Bay from every room
of the house.
- Large private pool with gas grill to roast some delicious oysters
or steam a pot of Chesapeake Bay crabs.
- Kayaks & life jackets provided to explore the quiet coves.
- Bring your own boat or rent one locally. Private concrete
loading ramp and private boathouse that accommodates two
- Bicycles & helmets provided to enjoy our quiet country lanes
or pack a picnic and ride just 4 miles to white sand Haven
Beach or just 2 miles into the little town of Mathews.
- Crab pots provided guests. Children love baiting them and
checking to see what they caught for dinner.
- A little less than an hours drive to the most historic locations in
the United States--Colonial Williamsburg (first U.S. capitol),
Jamestown (first settlers landed here), Yorktown (famous for the
action it saw during the Revolutionary War).
- A little less than an hours drive to one of the largest theme
parks and water parks in the United States -- Busch Gardens.
- Watch world class yachts and sailboats come and go from the
Mathews Yacht Club just up the river.
- Get away from it all in the hammock enjoying the expansive
views and breezes off the Bay.
- Many excellent movies in the library for your pleasure or the
games or cd's available to our guests.
- Roast marshmallows or hot dogs at the waterside fire pit.
- Watch the moon rise and the stars brighter than you have
probably ever seen them due to the low light pollution here.
- 20,000 watt propane backup generator which will provide electric service for entire house if main power is lost.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Bill Metzger
Bill Metzger is originally from Oklahoma, but has lived in Virginia for the past 35 years. Now semi-retired I love living on the Chesapeake Bay and near the small but charming town of Mathews.
Why Bill Metzger chose Mathews
The house has expansive views from every room in the house. At least 110 years old this house has weathered many storms and hurricanes. It was a working farm. In this area most farmers also were watermen with fishing boats.
The house has been modernized to today's high standards yet continues to maintain it's coastal farm house charm. It has everything a coastal property should have. A quiet slide into the cove for kayaks, boat loading ramp and boathouse that can accommodate two 36' craft.
What makes this house unique
The first time I saw this property, it was love at first sight. Nothing beats the expansive views and when the sun is at a certain angle the water definitely looks blue -- thus, Blue Water Haven.
It is a haven from all the worries of the world. Although if you want to stay in touch with the world we have WiFi and TV's in every room.