The best location you can find in Cannes
The best thing about this apartment is it's location. We've been to Cannes before and this is best location we've stayed at. It is basically on the Croisette and a few steps from rue d'Antibes, where all the shopping happens. And it's just a short walk to the Marche Forville. The public beach is also just a few feet away.
When planning your vacation, location is key, and I'm so happy we found this place.
A few other great things we enjoyed:
- apartment was clean, well stocked; they even provided beach umbrella, toys, mats, towels
- quiet street, despite being in the middle of everything
- great views and balconies
- building is upscale and was very well maintained, main lobby was nice, quiet building, didn't hear the neighbors
- wifi worked great
A few things that we found unpleasant (and surprised by!):
- there is an elevator in the building, but you still have to take a flight of stairs up to get to it, and then when you get off on your floor, you have to take stairs down to get to the apartment. We had a stroller with us, so this proved to be the biggest hassle during our stay.
- The second bedroom that has the Full Bed is very small and that bedroom is NOT air conditioned. Thankfully, the weather was gorgeous when we were there, but if it were any hotter, it would have been a MAJOR issue.
- Kitchen layout is awkward, so don't plan to come here and cook all the time, you will find it frustrating.
Overall, my family had a great time, and we would consider staying here again in the future. The owner was very nice, and responsive to all our questions. He really cared to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. That kind of personal attention and genuine attitude goes a long way in my book!
Owner's Response: Good to hear Luba that you have enjoyed your stay with us like all our previous guests.May I just add some comments on your review:
Our classified building dates from about 1910 and at this time there was no elevator.
at all, so the homeowner's association had decided to add one some years ago.
Unfortunately there was no other possibility then starting after one flight of stairs only which I had clearly mentioned on my site.
Also, you are right,there is aircon in the living and large bedroom but only a fan in the small bedroom. This too has been clearly mentioned on my site. If the fan is not enough just slightly open the door to the living room and it's aircon will keep you cool.
Of course our kitchen is not as big (and sometimes huge) as you can find in the US
but all necessary appliances are available.
I very much appreciated the pleasant contact I have had with you and your family and would appreciate of welcoming you again soon
Did you find this review helpful?