Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday apartment in Villefranche-sur-Mer - '’La Belle Époque’’
2+child,Sea View Terrace,Bbq,A/C,WiFi,5 min walk to beach restaurants shops bus
Our French Riviera apartment, ‘La Belle Époque’ is situated in the Old Town of Villefranche-sur-Mer, between Nice and Monaco. This holiday apartment has a large 11m sq.terrace with a superb view of the Bay of Villefranche and Cap Ferrat. The terrace is not overlooked. The ambiance of this pretty holiday home, is bright and elegant, created by high ceilings, the 'Belle Époque’ decor and the panoramic view of the Bay through the beautiful French windows which open onto the private terrace. The lounge is comfortably furnished with early twentieth century furniture and incorporates new kitchen fittings. The bedroom, with a modern double bed and period wardrobe also enjoys a bedside view of the Bay through French windows opening onto the terrace. The tiled bathroom has a bath with rain shower and a well-lit vanity unit and wall heater. The apartment comes with dual air conditioning, free WiFi & a gas barbecue. Ideal for a self catering holiday, dining 'al-fresco' on the terrace or just sipping a ' vin rosé ' observing the ever changing bay. It is in an excellent location close to shops, restaurants, ATM booths and public transport. It is a 10 minute ride to Nice or Monaco (bus every 15 minutes) and there are wonderful seaside walks at your doorstep.
* LIVING AREA & TERRACE* The attractive lounge is bright and airy with high ceilings and opens onto the terrace through full length traditional french windows. It is comfortably furnished with a three seater sofa-bed, an arm chair, a circular dining table and dining chairs for two. The south east facing terrace which catches the sun until about 1.30, is furnished with two wicker chairs with foot rests and a table suitable for al-fresco dining. Also a very popular Weber gas *BBQ* (gas supplied) and a retractable sunshade.
* KITCHEN* It is an all electric kitchen with modern appliances. The cooker includes a ceramic 4 ring hob, oven with grill and a single level dish-washer. There is a comprehensive selection of cooking utensils and a double set of table settings.
*HAIR DRYER * is supplied.
* SECURITY SAFE * It is suitable for personal items.
* A WELCOME PACK * includes maps, Bus & train time tables, and local tips.
*BABY COT & HIGH CHAIR* supplied on request.
*PARKING in public car pk
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- not suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
We are a retired couple living in Ireland. We love holidaying in France especially the south of France for its ambiance, food and the outdoor activities especially the walking trails, 'les randones'.
Eamon purchased this apartment in 2006
Why Eamon chose Villefranche-sur-Mer
We were wowed by the ' Provencal ' village atmosphere the first time we visited Villefranche in 2005 and were fortunate to find this apartment with a large terrace and fabulous views overlooking the Bay of Villefranche, located in the Old Town close to facilities and public transport. Untouched since the 1920's we have managed to retain the Provencal features while modernising the kitchen and bathroom facilities and furnishing it with ' turn of the century ' furniture.
What makes this apartment unique
Villefranche-sur-Mer is a great location on the Cote d'Azur, close to Nice and Monaco with warmer and brighter winters than the south of Italy. It is has excellent public transport, a wonderful sandy beach, renowned restaurants which remain open all year and a good selection of food outlets and a weekly market.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This is a lovely apartment right on the edge of the old town of Villefranche with a wonderful view of Cap Ferrat and the bay from the balcony. The balcony is perfect for sitting out and relaxing in the warm Mediterranean evenings. We spent a fabulous week there, with easy access to public transportation for day trips to surrounding towns such as Nice and Monaco. We took a wonderful day trip by train to Saorge, a perched village in the mountains.
Everything you need such as bakeries, supermarkets, and restaurants are within a short walk from the apartment. The kitchen is well stocked with everything needed for cooking so we had a nice mix of eating in and exploring the local restaurants.
The bathroom is bright and airy, and having a washing machine was great. The floor tiling echoes the wonderful colors of Provence and is very nicely accented by the furnishings. The welcoming fresh flowers were a lovely touch.
We would definitely book this apartment again and continue to work on our French.