Photos and Description of this 5 bedroom holiday villa in Eygalieres - Mas des deux puits
5 Bedrooms 7 Bathrooms Sleeps 10
The house is situated in the heart of Provence in Eygalieres, a lovely Provençal village full of character and charm.
The 4 acre property has landscaped gardens with large lawns and spectacular surroundings, with a magnificent view of the Alpilles mountains.
The 3500 sq. foot house is in perfect condition, has a 40ft x 20ft pool (heatable for a fee) with electrical cover and security gate inside a hedge, and 5 air conditioned bedrooms (each with a private bathroom with shower, two also with bathtubs) which can accommodate up to 10 people.
The rooms are large and bright, the 4 acre serene property with no visible neighbors is a delight for families with a large level lawn surrounding the enclosed pool.
Add to this the gentle country and Alpille views, shaded outdoor dining and poolside areas and you have an idyllic, restful holiday retreat.
When you just want to relax, you will enjoy our lovely pool and exceptional surroundings.
Five bedrooms, each with heating and air conditioning, and private bathrooms. Comfortably sleeps ten people.
- Master bedroom, with a king-sized bed, private bathroom (with shower, bathtub, toilet, and two sinks) and a private terrace. Upstairs.
- Queen bedroom, with a queen-sized bed and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Upstairs.
- Twin bedroom, with two twin-sized beds and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Ground floor, with a secondary entrance.
- King bedroom, with a king-sized bed, private bathroom (with shower/bath, toilet, bidet, and sink.) Ground floor, with a secondary entrance.
- Queen bedroom, with a queen-sized bed and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Ground floor.
- The ground floor also holds a common bathroom, and a powder room.
Spacious living and dining room with a fireplace.
Large covered outdoor dining room.
Fully equipped kitchen between both dining rooms.
Patio with additional cooking facilities.
Sprawling shaded terrace facing the Alpilles, with a sofa, armchairs, chairs, and tables.
- All five of these areas have splendid views of the gardens and the Alpilles mountains.
- 42' LCD Television
- International satellite television
- Multi-Zone unlocked DVD player
- High-speed wired and wireless internet.
- Phone calls to America and Canada. Western European landlines, as well. For other countries, please inquire.
- High chair, two cots, and a playpen.
- End of week cleaning service included for multi-week stays.
- 40x20 ft. pool with an electric cover, solar shower, stairs, and child-proof fence.
- Indoor garage with a remote-controlled door.
- Two covered parking spaces also lie separate from the garage.
- The fenced property is reach through an iron gate, opened via remote.
- Pool heating is available for a weekly fee of €150.
- Cleaning service is also available any time at a rate of €12 per hour.
The property is located 1 mile from the old village of Eygalieres, via a small country road.
The property itself lies at the end of a 1/5 mile private access road.
Eygalieres is located at the center of Provence:
Within 15 minutes drive is St. Remy de Provence.
Within 30 minutes drive are the medieval town and fortress les Baux de Provence, Avignon, Arles, Tarascon and le Lubéron region's hilltop villages Gordes, Ménérbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux and the Sénanques Abbaye.
Within 60 minutes drive are Aix en Provence, the famous Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, le Pont du Gard, Nîmes, Uzés, la Camargue, the Mediterranean, les Calanques de Cassis, Marseilles...
There are two grocery stores with excellent local fruits, vegetables and cheeses. There are also two bakeries, an excellent butcher & caterer, a newspaper stand, a post office, a pharmacy, ten restaurants, two hair salons and three lovely bistros/bars with shaded terraces. The peak of the town offers tremendous provencal views, as well. The city of Saint-Rémy de Provence, just 6 miles away, has many great shops and restaurants as well.
The home is roughly fifteen minutes walking distance from Eygalieres, and five minutes from the Chappelle Saint Sixte (pictured above.)
- Major Festivals - Avignon, Aix en Provence, Orange, La Roque d'Antheiron.
- Bullfights in Nîmes and Arles.
- Numerous local fairs.
- Major flea market and small antique stores in L'Isle sur la Sorgue (15 miles.)
- Marchés (markets selling fruits, vegetables, and local food/products) in surrounding villages such as Eygalieres, St. Remy, and l'Isle sur la Sorgue on alterating days of the week.
- Several local wineries, including the Chateauxneuf du Pape, can be visited.
- Four beautiful golf courses (Servannes, Port Royal, Avignon, and Les Baux) within 15 miles.
- Horse rising for adults and children.
- Cycling roads with nearby rentals.
- Rock climbing.
- Tennis courts in Eygalieres.
Numerous fine restaurants in Eygalieres, St. Remy, les Baux de Provence, Avignon, and other local villages. For personal recommendations, feel free to inquire.
Of note are:
- Michelin 1 star 'Maison Bru', Eygalieres.
- Michelin 2 stars 'l'Oustau de Beaumanieres', Le Baux de Provence, 20 minutes away.
- Michelin 3 stars 'Le Petit Nice', Marseilles, 1 hour away, a Mediterrenean sea jewel, and its spectacular ocean front.
- Airports - Marseilles and Nîmes, both 45 minutes away.
- Train - Avignon TGV station 30 minutes away.
On the TGV, Paris is 2h45 minutes away.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
About Janette Rapaccioli
We have been living in Eygalieres for 20 years.
We lived in this house for fifteen years, and are now renting it and welcoming visitors from all over.
We have had many American renters, all very happy with their stay in the house and in provence.
Janette Rapaccioli purchased this villa in 1994
Why Janette Rapaccioli chose Eygalieres
The weather is marvelous. Eygalieres is in the center of Provence and is a beautiful, typically Provencal village, fashionable yet small enough to be quaint.
Saint Remy, a beautiful and fashionable town with plenty of bars and restaurants is fifteen minutes away. Walk it's old streets, admire the architecture, and discover the birthplace of Nostradamus.
Twenty minutes away is l'Isle sur la Sorgue, a marvelous town and its renown antique shops
A mere half an hour away is Avignon with its renown summer Festival d'Avignon, and the Papal palace dating from when the Popes settled in Avignon.
Forty five minutes away is Aix, the famous university town.
What makes this villa unique
The house and its surroundings is amazingly quiet and peaceful, with great views of the Alpilles mountains and countryside.
Yet, the village of Eygalières and it's shops and restaurants are barelly five minutes away. You can take a pleasant ten minute walk from the house to the Saint-Sixte Chapel, an icon of Provence.
On fridays, you can go to the Eygalieres market and savour local specialties, admire local crafts or just take in the old world atmosphere. You will find traditional markets in neighboring towns on every day of the week.
You will find a great butcher in Eygalières, two excellent bakeries, a great grocery store with great produce, a pharmacy, post office, doctors, dentists, book store, bistros, cafés and restaurants and more, all five minutes away.