Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday home in Semur en Auxois - Guesthouse in Brianny
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
This charmingly renovated stone house is located in the village of Brianny, a few kilo meters from the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois.
The guest house is in an enclosed garden, with a southern exposure and a view of the twin Thil hills with their XI century castle and church.
On the ground floor :
- A fully furnished kitchen (4 gas burners with an electric stove, a microwave oven, a large refrigerator/freezer, and a dish washer) with a stone bread oven and a wood burning stove.
- In the living room there is a large wood burning chimney with an insert that heats the bedroom above.
- An office/TV room equipped with high-speed internet access and satellite television.
- A king size bed or two twins on a mezzanine above the office/TV area.
- A bathroom with a separate toilet, and a washing-machine and dryer.
On the second floor :
- A room with a king size bed for adults near a children’s room with two single beds.
- A bathroom with bathtub, sink, and toilet.
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
About Sophie d'Hérouville
Marc and Sophie and their children: Julien, Joseph and Lucie, are happy to welcome you in this charming guest house of Brianny. We speak English and we can communicate in German and Spanish.
Sophie d'Hérouville purchased this house in 2004
Why Sophie d'Hérouville chose Semur en Auxois
We chose to buy this house because it's very well situated - 7 kms from the exit #23 “Bierre-les-Semur” on the A6 highway - An hour from Paris with the 'bullet train'.
What makes this house unique
The guesthouse is an authentic little farmhouse renovated 'in his juice' (low doors, bread-oven, well protected, rabbithouse, kitchen garden.... Many cultural activities around and on Sundays “Vide-greniers”: these village-wide “garage sales” in various villages between May and September are very popular.