|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
We offer a spacious self-catering accommodation perfect for couples in a 17th century historically important townhouse, 'Maison-des-Chevaliers.' Yet almost everything is outside your door; walk to cafés, shops, restaurants, banks, bakeries, pharmacie and a lively and colorful weekly farmer’s market.
Location: Loudun, close to Chinon, Tours area, Centre-Loire Valley (a UNESCO World heritage Site), France, Europe (nearby Chateaux & vineyards of the Loire). The furthest sites are no more than 1.5 to 2 hours away.
Accommodation: Part of our townhouse; upstairs, a superb, tastefully-furnished and well-equipped self-catering apartment : the bedroom has a large high quality bed, firm and new with fine linens, sitting room with comfortable sofa and armchairs, bathroom has a large modern shower and the kitchen is very well-equipped. On request additional sleeping accommodation available in adjacent studio for two adults or single person. There is a Broadband Internet ADSL connection and WiFi in the apartment as well.
You will enjoy the peace of this quiet town situated out of the crowded main roads and easy to park your car, all parkings are free of charge in Loudun. This is why so many guests from around the world have come to stay with us and find it hard to leave. Though the 'Maison-des-Chevaliers' is located in the very center of the old town, it is surprisingly tranquil, guests can relax in the large walled garden or enjoy their meals in the private patio garden.
Loudun is a pleasant town of 8,000 with ancient streets and five officially recognized historic monuments. Visited, but not overly-touristed, it is well situated for visiting the chateaux and vineyards of the region. Loudun is near Chinon, Saumur and Fontevraud (a royally-sponsored abbey complex associated with the Plantagenets). Please go to our website for more information about places to visit.
This old 15th/16th century house has recently undergone a major and thoughtful renovation. We incorporated high end improvements, especially in the kitchen and bathroom, yet preserved the essential original historic features of the house. A sundial that forms an integral part of the restored façade which overlooks the garden, bears the date of 1663. A massive restoration was made at that time by the owner; the Counselor and the Attorney General of the King Louis XIII and the King's Public Prosecutor of Loudun.
To-day, the English-speaking owners (Swedish/French couple who returned to the area after retiring) live in the main part of the house. If you wish, we can offer advice on any aspect of your holiday. Or, if you prefer, we can leave you in peace to explore the area in your own way.
Steps from your car is the apartment's private entrance. Walking up via the tower and the restored 350-years old stone staircase (just 16 steps), you enter the apartment's large and comfortably furnished sitting room and dining area. The fully-equipped kitchen is adjacent. The sitting room and the bedroom each have an exquisite original fireplace and are furnished with antiques. The very large, light and airy bedroom with it's south facing windows overlook the walled garden, the adjoining park and the rooftops of the old town. Guests are welcome to use the garden, garden furniture.
We have strived to provide not just the typical 'self-catering' or 'gîte' minimal accommodations, but to provide something like the 'comforts of home'.
For more information please visit our website.
|Rental Period||Minimum Rate||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Rate|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||€150|
Notice that the lettings for the Apartment is Saturday to Saturday (7 nights).
For the Studio apartment the changeover day is flexible, we accept split of week or short breaks (min. 4 nights) from Euros 70/night for that accommodation, please contact the owner for rate and availabiliy.
On booking 25%, remaining 75% to be paid 8 weeks prior to commencement of rental period. In addition a refundable deposit for EUR 150 to cover loss or damage, payable 8 weeks prior to the rental period. We accept payment in Euros by Credit Cards through PayPal.
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (EUR), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.