Nice home - minor fixes would make it better
We are 6 friends since grade school (now in our 40's) who get together every year for a 'Girl's Trip'. We have been to Barbados, Belize, and this year PR. Compared to our experiences at similarly priced vacation rental homes in other places, I can honestly say this this one was not our favorite. Overall, we had a great time on the island. And the property wasn't 'bad'. In fact, the exterior/poolside area was beautiful. There were just a few minor things that detracted from our overall impression of the home. Let me also say that we are used to a 'higher end' vacation property experience. We always rent a home with a private pool near the beach for 5-6 days. Casa Ensenada was nice, but not quite as nice as we are used to.
#1 - The location/surrounding neighborhood was not great at all. The actual property itself (exterior) looked like the photos, but everything around it was a bit scary at first. Arriving at night was unnerving.
#2. I guess 'easy' beach walk is accurate, but we found it too far to walk.
#3. Only THREE rolls of toilet paper for 6 women. Enough said.
#4. Water pressure and shower fixtures - poor. With the exception of the main floor hall shower, the shower heads were sub-standard and the water pressure was never really good at all. We had to take showers in shifts.
#5. The bath towels were in pretty bad shape... old, frayed, mis-matched. And there were ZERO wash cloths. That was a surprise. We tried to find some to purchase in town and could not. In addition, none of us brought beach towels because they were listed as an amenity. However, the actual beach towels provided were in below average to poor condition.
#1.The property was clean and the property management company was very responsive.
#2. The interior photos were accurate to what we found in the home.
#3. The appliances were also nice and in good condition.
#4. We enjoyed the pool a great deal and the pool and lounge furniture were also in good condition.
Rincon was a very pleasant little town. We enjoyed the restaurants, beaches and people. All in all, we enjoyed our visit to Puerto Rico.
Owner's Response: I’d like to start by thanking you for your comments as we take them seriously. We do have a full time property manager available to handle any issues, should they arise during a guests stay. The contact phone number for the property manager is provided in the directions/instructions documentation.
1. The neighborhood is very safe; we have never once had a complaint or issue about the location and hosted hundreds and hundreds of families over the years. There has never been an incident, not one with the home and the comments from families should prove this to be the case. I can’t delete negative comments, nor would I as this is a great way for all travelers to gage the area, location and my vacation home. I specifically decided on the location and ease of walking to the beach, restaurants, local plaza, among other things based on safety. Some guests rent the home annually and so I don’t know what else to add to this except we have retired couples, families, groups, a few movie stars, attorneys, doctors etc…all have been quite happy with the location.
2. I honestly walk half the time I’m there and drive when I’m not feeling like the 5 minute walk to the beach.
3. We leave full rolls in all the bathrooms and the guest count changes as does the length of each guests stay so we provide full rolls as well as keep extra rolls under the sink of each bathroom. I have reiterated this to the cleaning staff so if it was missed, I apologize.
4. The property management company took a look at the shower heads and couldn’t find anything wrong with them and said the water flow looked normal, however I will personally check myself when I arrive in December and install new shower heads if the water flow issue is not as any of us would expect in a home here in the states. Again, the management company is available during your stay and contact information is provided if you have an issue that needs addressing.
5. We purchase new bathroom towels annually and just purchase new ones this week. Hand towels, bathroom towels, facial towels, beach towels etc. Extras are left in the hall closet upstairs.
Thank you again for your comments and I am available by phone during your stay as well; we strive to make sure every guests stay exceeds expectations.
Helpful votes: 1/2
Did you find this review helpful?