|Property type||chateau / country house|
What are you looking for? We think that Kuleana has it all: one of West Maui's largest heated pools, a private tennis court, barbecues on the ocean, bocce ball, shuffle board, a lovely lobby area with table tennis available, and excellent snorkeling directly off its semi-private small beach. Interesting coral formations and a wide variety of sea life make snorkeling a special event.
Entrance to the ocean is from a sea ladder at one end of the property, and from a secluded cove at the other end. One of the big surprises at Kuleana is the grounds. Paths lead you in and out of the many sitting and meditation spots located along its long ocean coastline. Each unit is only about fifty feet from the water, giving fabulous ocean views, framed by palm trees. Each evening tiki torches are lit along the coast to enhance that special romantic moment of seeing a Maui sunset. A full service laundry facility is a few steps from your front door.
Property Managed By:Paradise Living Properties Inc.
Hawaii Tax Id# W-00956568-01
Condition of unit excellent as is cleanliness. W are very pleased and plan to return next year.
We had never been to Maui before, so we decided to have our wedding & honeymoon there. We looked at hundreds of condos online, and finally decided on Miranda's #709. We were not disappointed!! It is everything and more as described. It was perfect for us! Beautiful view of the ocean, gorgeous grounds, great swimming pool, clean laundry area, great parking, quiet, and everything you need right in the condo, except food! We were so pleased that we decided on #709. We were supposed to check out at 10 am on the 9th, but our flight didn't leave until late that night, and Miranda was so sweet to allow us to check out later, so we didn't have to kill 11 hours driving around. We relaxed at the condo right up until we had to leave for the airport. This is an A++++ condo. We can't say enough good things about it, other than we will be back. We don't feel that we would want to stay at any other place other than 709. Not crowded, and very peaceful. Thanks so much, Miranda! MAHALO!!!
Great property with a million dollar view. Excellent location, on the island, close to shops, restaurants, and great beaches. Unit was very clean and well equipped. The grounds and pool are very well cared for. The only minor complaint is that the Condo Unit should have easier beach access. You have to scramble down the rocks to access the beach which is only an issue for us older folks. The unit owner was very helpful and emailed detailed instruction about accessing the unit, WiFi connection etc.
Aloha all. I would like to give my 2 cents worth on the Kuleana. . My wife and I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, and several other 5 star hotels throughout the western world and I am telling you that for the value, location, view, peacefulness, and cleanliness of the property, the Kuleana cannot be beat. Miranda DeSoto was our rental agent and she was AWESOME. As a seasoned traveler I have learned what to ask for and I am not the easiest person to please. Miranda was very patient, extremely helpful, and of all the requests I made, she met every one and more. Miranda gave me better service and attention than I have never received From any 5 star hotel or reservationist. Thank you very much Miranda for your undivided attention to meeting my requests. So, onto the Kuleana review……..
1) If you are looking for a party environment and lots of people….go somewhere else
2) If you are looking for one of the most spectacular ocean front views for the money, then Kuleana is the place.
3) The grounds were beautiful and meticulously maintained.
4) We saw turtles frolicking from our deck every morning, afternoon, and evening
5) We saw a spectacular whale show from our deck one morning with the whales breaching all the way out of the water. This one 3 hr period we saw 18 separate whales surface and/ breach over 60 times. This is one of those mastercard/visa commercial experiences….. (PRICELESS). I have been to Alaska several times and have not seen a show this spectacular.
6) VIEW,VIEW,VIEW, I would recommend the extra outlay for direct oceanfront unit.
7) LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION….. We have stayed in West Maui 5 different times and the physical location of Kuleana is Great. Snorkeling, Swimming, Sunsets, Whalewatching ,direct ocean front entertainment. Only 1 mile from stores, resteraunts, equiptment rentals, or services you neeed.
On the property we enjoyed the heated pool, tennis, and playing shuffleboard everyday. The residents and vacationers on this property were friendly and always made us fee welcome. We cannot wait to go back to the great experience we had at Kuleana.
Overall Rating is 4.5 out of 5. (Why??? No personal barmaid was available)
The condo was excellent and very affordable. Right on the ocean with beautifull views of Moloka'i and Lana'i and a small private beach. The whole place has that island feel and is very comfortable. Sea turtles come out every evening right to the shore.
We would definitely recommend this place to anyone and hope to be back soon. Thank you.