The Holyrood Park Apartment is of course for the exclusive use of one party at any one time and can accommodate up to a total of 4 persons in the 2 stylish bedrooms, fitted out with sumptuous beds and linen.
The apartment at a glance:
• 2 Bedrooms (1 king size bed 1 super king size or twin)
• 2 Bathrooms ( both with shower one with bathtub)
• Lounge/Study/Dining Area
• Panoramic Terrace (with table and chairs)
The apartment also offers:
• Free Resident Parking
• Free Wi-Fi
• Free Local Telephone calls
• Lift right up to its door
The Holyrood Park Apartment is a quality Edinburgh Holiday Apartment and is owned and personally operated by Franco and Lynne Galgani of Southside Guest House Edinburgh.
Over the past 10 years Southside has become a favourite with guests from all over the world seeking a stylish and unique base for their Edinburgh stay. Its location just under a mile from the Royal Mile and Princes Street and right at the heart of academic and residence buildings of the University of Edinburgh ~has made it a home-from-home for visitors exploring the City and for academics & families visiting the University.
• Your Hosts: Lynne and Franco Galgani
• Lynne MacDonald Galgani and Franco Galgani are the proud owners of The Holyrood Park Apartment & of Southside Guests House and your hosts and contact during your stay. Lynne was born in the Highlands of Scotland and Franco further South …in Florence, Tuscany. Both Lynne and Franco have been involved in running hotels for many years, in most roles. Both are very happy to have gone back to the roots and take enormous pleasure in the personal and attentive hospitality and standards that can only be achieved within smaller owner managed properties
As you walk or drive down Holyrood Park Road you will see emerging the end of the building ~ just ahead of a red pillared Victorian Post Box you enter The Maltings estate, built around and preserving, the massive old Whisky Bond of J & G Stewart Limited which was owned by Andrew Usher (…reputed with introducing the first whisky blending!). At the centre of the building overlooking the Park you can still see the regally pedimented centrepiece inscribed AU (for Andrew Usher) 1902.
The apartments were built around the site in 1988 perfectly blending an impressive early 20th Century building with contemporary architecture ~ and now set in immaculate landscaped grounds.
Holyrood Park Apartment was mainly built within the original structure ~ it sits right at the top of the South end of the building. In order to enter the hall of the building you walk over a little bridge across the converted (…now a marvellous cycle path) old Innocent Railway line built in 1832 and connecting Dalkeith to Edinburgh.
There is free resident parking.
The Apartment offers two bedroom: one with a king size double bed the other set up either with twin beds or with a Superkingsize double bed ~ this latter bedroom has its own suite large shower room. There is also a second bathroom with bath tub and shower close to the first bedroom. The kitchen of course has all that you might require, during your stay. The large lounge ~ offers leather sofa for relaxation, excellent dining facilities and a study area. The French windows on one side of the lounge open up to the Terrace fitted out with al fresco furniture and from that vantage point you can absorb the beauty and splendour of Holryood Park!
The Apartment which is of course generously equipped with all that you need for an enjoyable stay, also has a small library of interesting books about Edinburgh and Scotland and a good DVD collection .There is also complimentary Wi-Fi connection. Ample televisions with free-view digital channels and all provide a DVD player. In the lounge you will find a Bose music wave system. All of this will ensure that you have the choice to relax or be entertained ~ or both.
For more invigorating activities you have three wonderful choices : we can organize mountain bikes (there is a charge for this) for you to slip into the Innocent Cycle Path right below the building and cycle away past through the Park heading for Duddingston ~ jog or brisk walking or gentle climbing through one of the many routes of Holyrood Park (..including reaching the summit of Arthur’s Seat!!) ~ or simply cross the road enter the Royal Commonwealth Pool where with a day membership you can use its Olympic size pool and the superb Gym.
Apartment Facilities & Accessories
Parking and Communication
• Free Parking for 1 Car (1 additional space may be possible)
• Free Wi-Fi
• Free Local Telephone calls
• Study Corner
• Dining Area
• Bose Music System ~ Radio with integrated CD player
• Leather Sofa and Easy Chair
• 32” Television (HDI) with Integrated Digital Freeview Channels
• DVD Player
• Selection of Scottish Theme Folio Books
• CD Selection (mostly classics with some light compilations)
• DVD Selection Collection of books relating to Edinburgh
• Maps and Guides ~ Scotland and Edinburgh
• Games, Playing Cards, Binoculars etc.
• Television with Integrated Digital Freeview Channels and Integrated DVD Player
• Direct Dial Telephone
Master Bathroom and En-Suite Shower Room
• Bath Sheets and Towels
• A selection of quality Scottish Toiletries
• Shaver/Electric Toothbrush Socket.
Kitchen & Miscellaneous
• Breakfasting Area
• Cooker with integrated oven
• Toaster, Kettle etc.
• Dish Washer/Dryer
• Washing Machine/Dryer
• Coffee Machine
• All other utensils for cooking, dining and wining!
• Ironing Board and Iron
• Miele Vacuum Cleaner
When you arrive at the Apartment you will find a generous hospitality tray including a chilled supply. Fluffy towels and Scottish quality toiletries. You only need to bring “yourselves” and your personal belongings ~ to enjoy Edinburgh at its best.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!