Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday villa in Sanur - Villa Hibiscus
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Heavenly Garden, Private Pool, Full Staff, Car, Cook.
Welcome to the Villa Hibiscus, a one-of-a-kind, romantically rustic, three-bedroom treasure chest of a holiday residence offering the authenticity and charm of Balinese design and hospitality with all the mod cons one would expect in a modern villa: and it’s just a five-minute stroll from the calm waters of Merta Sari Beach in Sanur on Bali’s southeast shore.
Characterized by thatched roofs, antique furnishings and vast, semi-open-air living areas and a private 18 meter swimming pool, the villa is blessed with heavenly landscaped gardens filled with fishponds and fountains, tall trees and tropical flowers that attract butterflies, dragonflies and beautiful birds day and night, creating a magical holiday environment perfect for families or groups of friends.
Villa Hibiscus’s gardens pays homage to nature’s glory and were designed by renowned landscaper/ architect and Bali personality, Made Wijaya, an Australian expat with a passion for all things Bali and a strong believer in both tradition and nature.
18-metre swimming pool is attended by sun loungers and cushioned gazebos providing villa’s guests the ultimate excuse for relaxation, while the lush, overflowing gardens and fish ponds create countless nooks and leafy hideaways to keep kids enchanted for days.
With all its beauty, space and service, and within easy walking distance of a safe swimming beach and many shops and restaurants, Villa Hibiscus is an ideal getaway for groups of friends seeking the quiet life, and especially good for families as kids will have the time of their lives letting spirits and imaginations run wild.
Villa Hibiscus is a sprawling villa set within 2,300 square metres of beautifully-landscaped gardens enclosed by high walls, and consisting of two thatched-roof buildings. It has been built in the old Bali style of the late twentieth century. The first building is a semi-open plan house with a spacious downstairs living, dining and bar area, three en-suite bedrooms, as well as a wonderful TV lounge in the mezzanine floor. An adjacent single-story pavilion houses the kitchen and a dining room. The main house has a wide, tiled terrace that runs the full length of the house linking the three bedrooms to the main living area, while a courtyard in the rear features a tranquil and mesmerizing fountain.
The garden is surrounded by tall trees and is a sprawling adventure of tropical flora with butterflies, dragonflies and birds flitting from branch to branch, while the fishponds and water features are filled with fat koi carp, singing frogs and all surrounded by immaculate lawns. Dominating the garden is an 18 x 6 meter swimming pool, with sun loungers, a bale bengong relaxation pavilion and a Madurese daybed. Hidden in the garden, next to the vine-draped pergola leading to the main bedroom is an antique lumbung, or rice granary, with cushioned seating, a perfect shady spot to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book.
- A large, 2,300 square metre, landscaped garden filled with flowering plants, ponds, pathways, water features, a swimming pool and relaxation pavilions and sun loungers, and ample parking.
- Private 18 x 5m swimming pool.
- Garden furniture including rattan chairs, armchairs, sun loungers.
- Dining table for romantic candlelit dinners by the pool.
- A separate kitchen pavilion with breakfast veranda.
- Three bedrooms, each decorated in a unique style: one bedroom with super-king-size bed, one bedroom with queen bed and one with two double beds.
- Each bedroom has a private semi-outdoor bathroom with shower, bath, washbasin and wardrobe.
- The main bedroom has an en-suite dressing room with ample cupboard space and a make-up table.
- Bed linen, towels, bathrobes and toiletries of excellent hotel quality.
- Spacious living room with sitting area with sofas, two dining tables (a round table for informal activities like tea time and card games, and a long rectangular table for formal dining), and a stand up drinks bar.
- Upstairs attic mezzanine lounge with carved wooden daybeds, beanbags, pillows and a 47' LED flat screen TV with home theater system, DVD player, satellite channels, and audio system.
- Sound system in the living room, and an iPod docking station in the master bedroom.
- Home library stocked with assortment of books, English magazines and board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, playing cards, etc.).
- Wi-Fi wireless Internet access throughout the property.
- Onsite resident staff: Villa Manager Nyoman, who is also the chef, and her husband Made who is the head gardener and pool man. There are separate facilities for the staff on the property a comfortable distance from the main house. In addition there is a gardener, pool cleaner, and two maids. Extra help can be arranged for parties or gatherings (notice in advance is strictly required).
Villa Hibiscus is staffed by a great team of local people who will treat you like honored guests, and who you may very well come to see as family. They are as friendly as the day is long and will ensure that you want for nothing in your holiday.
Nyoman Jirnu is the Villa Manager and a wonderful chef, has been here since Villa Hibiscus opened in 1984 and she knows everything there is to know about the villa and the local area. She speaks fluent English and can cook almost anything from anywhere in the world, East or West, but just make sure you try her Balinese dishes – they are her specialty.
Kadek is the housekeeper and she is here to keep your glass filled, make your beds, do your laundry and make sure you have the best time possible - and always with a smile.
Made is the husband of Nyoman and he is the Head gardener and a pool man and he is ably assisted in his tasks by his assistant, Gede. Just take a look at the condition of the beautifully kept garden and pool and you will see that they are well up to the task.
Robertius is an on-call driver for the brand-new 7-seater Toyota Kijang Innova villa's mini-van and he will (at extra cost of IDR 550,000 + petrol per day) take you anywhere on the island you want to go. He knows Bali like a native but his English isn’t so good so plan your itinerary with Nyoman before you set out.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair accessible