Cura Beach (Playa del Cura) is a quiet not overcrowded area with a beach, ideal for families or couples willing to relax.
The area has the best climate of the island, offering to visitors 300 sunny days per year, so you can enjoy your spring winter with temperatures of about 21°C, which invites you to take a bath or a sunbath anytime.
There is a small shopping arcade with a drug store, some bars, restaurants, pubs and a SPAR supermarket with home delivery service.
Connected to the airport through bus 91 (50 km) and with las Palmas de Gran Canaria city (67 km), the capital city of the island.
Also, other lines lead to other important beaches and hot-spots, such as:
- Amadores beach (2 km): white sandy beach with shopping facilities and bars, restaurants chill-out, and crazy golf.
- Puerto Rico (4 km): Major multilingual development with a peaceful beach, marina, sailing school, Scuba diving school, hospital, post office, police station, petrol station, pharmacies, tennis club and paddle tennis, crazy golf and a big shopping center with a supermarket, many shops, perfumeries, banks, bars, sports bar, restaurants pubs or night clubs.
- Puerto de Mogán (10 km) lovely fisher's town known as the 'Little Venice' because of its canals, highlighted by its fishing harbour and marina, its peaceful beach and the number of bars and restaurants, amongst others.
- Anfi del Mar (6 km): beautiful beach complex with marina and island. With many shops, bars and restaurants.
- Playa del Inglés (English beach) and Maspalomas (18 km): These amazing beaches are, without a doubt, the best of the island. With their sprawling 10 km of sand and breathtaking dunes, declared a protected natural site. Around the beaches there is a whole holiday city with all kind of facilities and services.
Among the theme parks there are the Acuasur and Lago Taurito waterparks, the Palmitos park (exotic bird zoo) Siux City (a reproduction of a Wild West city on which many movies have been shot) and Holiday World (theme park)
If you want to tour around and enjoy a glass of wine, you have to go to the Meloneras area, from the Masapalomas lighthouse to the Meloneras hospital and the golf course.
Golf lovers can enjoy the Anfi Tauro courses all year long (1,5 km), Salobre Golf (15 km), Meloneras Golf (18 km) or Masapalomas golf (20 km).