Photos and Description of this 1 bedroom holiday apartment in 14th Montparnasse - Alesia
1 Bedroom - 1 Bathroom - Sleeps 4 - Balcony- Paris 14 Arrondissement
This very pleasant and quiet apartment, 60 square meters (645 square feet), is located in the 14 Arrondissement near the lively Montparnasse and Saint Germain area (address: Avenue du Maine, 14th Arrondissement).
Bright and elegantly furnished, it is at the same time intimate and equipped to accommodate a couple (max 4 persons). It is on the 5th floor with a Lift.
It consists of:
* a living room (Sofa/Bed:1,40 x 2 meters ). with a dining area and fully equipped kitchen
* a master bedroom with a 140 x 200 cm double bed
* 1 bathroom with a bathtub/shower.
* a balcony
* 1 WC
Fully equipped with all modern conveniences: high speed internet access (also WiFi, but remember to bring your laptop!), TV with international channels, telephone (for incoming calls and local/emergency calls; washing machine, etc .
The apartment is situated on the fifth floor with elevator-lift.
It is very safe (code at building entrance) and quiet night and day (double-glazed windows), all bedrooms overlook an internal courtyard.
* Bed linen and towels provided
* Public PARKING facilities available at a nearby garage
* A cleaner is available on request during the rental period, at extra cost.
* There is a PUBLIC GARDEN with a playground for children nearby.
*** THE AREA
The apartment is located in a quiet and residential neighborhood, with markets, cafes, butcher, baker, and supermarket within a block or two.
Also, you are only about ten minutes' walk from the theaters, restaurants, and nightlife of the Montparnasse area.
In the first three decades of the 20th century, Montparnasse was a thriving artistic and literary centre. Many modern painters and sculptors, new novelists and poets, the great and the young were drawn to this area. Its ateliers, conviviality and renewed Bohemian lifestyle made it a magnet for genius, some of them French but many of them foreigners.
It is also 10 minutes away by metro from St Germain and Notre Dame area.
Alésia is now a sought-after residential district where real estate prices are rising, given the proximity of Montsouris park, Gare Montparnasse train station, a whole host of stores. The district is lively and very popular with families and young people. Another interesting feature of Alésia is its architectural diversity: Haussmann-style buildings, single-family residences, post-war architecture, plaster facades, etc. Rue du Lunain is one of the only streets in Paris to have nothing but Haussmann-style buildings. The district also has a large number of artists' workshops. The famous painter Édouard Manet even depicted Alésia in his 1870 painting 'Effet de neige à Petit-Montrouge' (Effect of Snow on Petit-Montrouge).
* Convenient METRO/ SUBWAY : A minute walk to the 'ALESIA” metro station (line 4)
the Metro will take you to all the tourist spots of Paris : Saint Germain, Notre Dame, Ile Saint Louis, Chatelet..
* There is a N° 28 BUS STOP very nearby.
We like the 28 bus line from Porte d’Orléans to Gare St Lazare. It goes to the Champs de Mars (Eiffel Tower) and the 8th Arrondissement where are the Grand Palais, Champs Elysées…
* All TRAIN STATIONS are within easy distance
* A GARAGE PARKING ( 24/24) and a TAXI RANK are located nearby. (taxis can also be stopped anywhere).
* Delivery of key: Check In is normally scheduled during the afternoon starting 3.00 pm ; Check Out in the morning before 10.00 am. A different arrangement can be made at your convenience, depending on the availability of the apartment.
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- pets considered